the water in Sydney tastes quite stinky

ghostgirl

Been here two weeks now, haven't found anything to complain about, Sydney is AWESOME but the water tastes strange, I have been avoiding drinking it & drinking juice & fizzy drinks instead which is really bad! I can't be a good girl & do lots of swimming then ruin it by drinking lemonade :(

Maybe it's just the water in my house, but it honestly tastes like an old tent that's been sitting in a dusty garage for a few years.

Maybe you'll get used to it! I used to think the same about my grans water in glasgow - it just tasted odd!

Im sure a few lemonades wont do you harm, or try some dilluted juice to put in it

Yeah I'm hoping I get used to it! I bring a bottle of tap water out with me because there's no way I am paying $3 for a bottle of mineral water! It honestly tastes like a towel you'd use to dry a dog after its been in the river haha :( maybe I just have a sensitive palate.

It tastes okay down here in Sutherland Shire, or at least I don't remember it tasting odd when we were first here. I wonder if there are different catchments for different areas? I think there is a desalination plant, but I have no idea which area it services. We once stayed at a house with river water for drinking, that was foul! It tasted like moss!

It tastes okay down here in Sutherland Shire, or at least I don't remember it tasting odd when we were first here. I wonder if there are different catchments for different areas? I think there is a desalination plant, but I have no idea which area it services. We once stayed at a house with river water for drinking, that was foul! It tasted like moss!

There must be different systems in different areas? My parents back home in Ireland have a well in the garden, not sure if its still usable but that water was amazing.

Yeah I'm hoping I get used to it! I bring a bottle of tap water out with me because there's no way I am paying $3 for a bottle of mineral water! It honestly tastes like a towel you'd use to dry a dog after its been in the river haha :( maybe I just have a sensitive palate.

Why wouldn't you pay for water? :confused: It wouldn't occur to me to drink straight from the tap, we have the filter jug but quite often buy water too.

Been here two weeks now, haven't found anything to complain about, Sydney is AWESOME but the water tastes strange, I have been avoiding drinking it & drinking juice & fizzy drinks instead which is really bad! I can't be a good girl & do lots of swimming then ruin it by drinking lemonade :(

Maybe it's just the water in my house, but it honestly tastes like an old tent that's been sitting in a dusty garage for a few years.

Why would you eat an old tent? :tongue:

Why wouldn't you pay for water? :confused: It wouldn't occur to me to drink straight from the tap, we have the filter jug but quite often buy water too.

Thats because she's like me from Gods Country...Yorkshire..! where the water runs pure from the taps..:biggrin: we found the Sydney water strange when we first arrived, but not as bad as yours sounds...we just put some in the fridge it seems to taste better when cold..!

2o lt cartons of spring water $ 4.20 in Coles

The Water Shop both in Cammeray and Stanmore have the full range of water filters. Even if your renting you can get decent counter top filters for a reasonable price there.

Tap water here is rank. Its full of chloramines, flouride, VOC's and lots of other nasties. Filter it before you drink it !!

I drink a lot of water, I always have a bottle in my bag if I bought it every day it would be too pricey. But I am definitely going to buy a filter today. I guess I just assume tap water is safe!!

I drink a lot of water, I always have a bottle in my bag if I bought it every day it would be too pricey. But I am definitely going to buy a filter today. I guess I just assume tap water is safe!!

Bunnings do a great Brita filter that attaches straight to your tap if your just interested in improving the flavour about $ 50 I think and lasts bout 6 months a cartridge

I wouldn't drink the stuff out of the tap here either. But, to be honest, I wouldn't drink from a tap anywhere, don't think I have for years.

No me neither, I never drink tap water. As far as I am concerned it is for cleaning teeth, washing and boiling.

What's wrong with the council wine? I've drink it for 26 years or more in Sydney. It does have things in it that you may not be used to. When we lived there back in 2010/2011 my wife isn't like it. We just used to bu he big 10l woolworths water and put it on the top shelf of the fridge.

Archived