189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Thanks y'all.

You will all get your grants very soon. I was kinda not expecting this grant this week. I was thinking of all the worst case scenarios, like medicals being referred, or extensive security checks. Weird thing is, up to now, there's still a note saying that my health assessment is not determined.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh no Debbio, I keep looking on here and hoping that you've had something, because chances are I'll be a couple of days behind you. As with the medical link disappearing, so I'm sharing your disappointment each morning!

Beginning to think I am going to be the last one to recieve the golden ticket...lol! I submitted the exact same day Nomadgreen...beginning to wonder if my meds have been referred after all. Have all your links gone now?

Beginning to think I am going to be the last one to recieve the golden ticket...lol! I submitted the exact same day Nomadgreen...beginning to wonder if my meds have been referred after all. Have all your links gone now?

Yes, my links went the day after yours. Maybe tomorrow will be your morning!:arghh:

Hi debbio ,maybe nomadgreen is in Australia so his application got processed faster.

We are offshore ones so a bit slow :(

Hi debbio ,I undst your link is gone on evisa ,but wat message u have there instead ?

Hi,

I have been looking at this thread over the past few months for lots of hints and tips whilst we have been going through the 189 Visa process ourselves. We applied at the end of April and we still haven't had our Visa approved, my husband is a Traffic Engineer so he is the main visa applicant. He has completed his skills assessment and passed with no issues, he then sat IELTS and got an overall 8.5 which just gave us additional points. We submitted our EOI with 80 points at the start of April and then applied a few weeks after we got our invitation, we got allocated a CO very quickly which was the 2nd week in May so we were so chuffed but since then we have only had the odd email from our CO and he just keeps advising us that things are progressing as they should. We then got another email from a new CO at the start of this week saying our previous CO has now moved departments and she is taking over things. I just don't understand how we can have a CO for nearly 4 months and not be approved.

I have asked if we need to provide any additional doc's and they have said no, we weren't referred on our medicals as I have checked this and we all passed. There is 3 of us on the application as we have a 1 year old son and we are just so lost as to why it's taking so long. We are from the UK (Edinburgh) and all police checks were fine as well, the CO's haven't really been that informative or helpful as to why it's taking so long.

Anyone else have any ideas as to why things are taking so long, I feel like giving up as every morning I hope we have that grant email and it just feels like it's never coming.

Thanks

Hi,

I have been looking at this thread over the past few months for lots of hints and tips whilst we have been going through the 189 Visa process ourselves. We applied at the end of April and we still haven't had our Visa approved, my husband is a Traffic Engineer so he is the main visa applicant. He has completed his skills assessment and passed with no issues, he then sat IELTS and got an overall 8.5 which just gave us additional points. We submitted our EOI with 80 points at the start of April and then applied a few weeks after we got our invitation, we got allocated a CO very quickly which was the 2nd week in May so we were so chuffed but since then we have only had the odd email from our CO and he just keeps advising us that things are progressing as they should. We then got another email from a new CO at the start of this week saying our previous CO has now moved departments and she is taking over things. I just don't understand how we can have a CO for nearly 4 months and not be approved.

I have asked if we need to provide any additional doc's and they have said no, we weren't referred on our medicals as I have checked this and we all passed. There is 3 of us on the application as we have a 1 year old son and we are just so lost as to why it's taking so long. We are from the UK (Edinburgh) and all police checks were fine as well, the CO's haven't really been that informative or helpful as to why it's taking so long.

Anyone else have any ideas as to why things are taking so long, I feel like giving up as every morning I hope we have that grant email and it just feels like it's never coming.

Thanks

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that and it must be soul destroying as I have those pangs of disappointment each morning when I get up and there has been no news and I am very early in the process (in relation to you).

I can't help as you have mentioned everything that I would have said, medicals, police checks and other documents. It sounds like your first CO was probably winding down before they moved jobs and so didn't do anything on your case, which has delayed you but it's such a shame. All I can suggest is that you keep trying to get an answer as to what the hold up is and what more you can do to speed it up.

Yes, my links went the day after yours. Maybe tomorrow will be your morning!:arghh:

Did your guys's file status go from Received/Required to Met?

Mine is all Received atm, with the employment proof part still having one "Requested". I have no idea what else do I have to upload. Now pending CO to advise me.

Hi debbio ,I undst your link is gone on evisa ,but wat message u have there instead ?

No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

Shreya...this is what my link now says x x

Hi,

Thanks

Elaine thats sounds awful :( I really, really hope we are not kept waiting that long. I have only been waiting a few weeks and it can be pretty soul destroying waking up every morning just hoping :/ really hope you hear something soon! x x

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to hear that and it must be soul destroying as I have those pangs of disappointment each morning when I get up and there has been no news and I am very early in the process (in relation to you).

I can't help as you have mentioned everything that I would have said, medicals, police checks and other documents. It sounds like your first CO was probably winding down before they moved jobs and so didn't do anything on your case, which has delayed you but it's such a shame. All I can suggest is that you keep trying to get an answer as to what the hold up is and what more you can do to speed it up.

Thanks for responding, I guess what I am a little confused about is how much the CO is allowed to tell you. I thought the whole point in a CO was to keep you up to date with what is happening but that hasn't been the case for us and I am a bit nervous in emailing the CO asking lots of questions & then it annoys them even more so it slows things down even further. I think we should email her tonight to see if she can give any further updates.

Elaine thats sounds awful :( I really, really hope we are not kept waiting that long. I have only been waiting a few weeks and it can be pretty soul destroying waking up every morning just hoping :/ really hope you hear something soon! x x

I hope no-one has to wait as long as we are, we hoped to be out by the end of Oct but there is no way of that happening now so looks like it will be next year before we head out. It's the waiting game that is killing me, I just wish they would tell you what is happening, I think we are going to email our new CO tonight and see if she can even advise how far she has got accessing our application. I can't believe we started this process in Feb and it's still on-going.

I hope you get a CO soon and the ball can't start rolling for you. xx

No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

Hey debbio ,thn i think u are all set ,no medical referrals for u .

Now CO and any additional docs if requested ..thats all ..

too hard waiting now..

Debbio,

Seems tomorrow is the day for you ... .... this is the same message Nomad saw today and after few hours his VISA was granted. Guess your next :) Good luck !

yeh, i guess my situation kinda helped a bit. Single, on a 457 visa, have a US FBI and Australian Police Check, so less likely to undergo further security checks, no other medicals to check, etc. But you will all have a grant soon.

Nomadgreen: Did you have to provide a form 80?

Did your guys's file status go from Received/Required to Met?

Mine is all Received atm, with the employment proof part still having one "Requested". I have no idea what else do I have to upload. Now pending CO to advise me.

Jed Yu ,I dun think any one of us has the status as "Met".I have all as received state at the moment and few ones as recommended(not valid for me).

Debbio,

Seems tomorrow is the day for you ... .... this is the same message Nomad saw today and after few hours his VISA was granted. Guess your next :) Good luck !

Hi Freakedass ,I dun think that was the msg for nomad.Slightly different saying "No further health examination have been determined for you ....CO once assigned will investigate your case ......."

All ,

A while ago my application shows this for both me and my partner :-

The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for.

Btw for me it was showing till this morning - "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. "

Hope someone is working on our case ...fingers crossed

All ,

A while ago my application shows this for both me and my partner :-

The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for.

Btw for me it was showing till this morning - "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. "

Hope someone is working on our case ...fingers crossed

that's for sure. I got the same message this morning (well, it's 9pm now Australian EST) and got the grant around 5pm.