189 Visa Lodged Gang

dani5

Hi debbio,

It says in the email I received, 'If you send copies of your documents, ensure that they are certified copies'.

Is scanning a document in not making a copy?

Kris

I called the DIAC about this recently, we uploaded our docs on Tuesday.

The DIAC said if its an original colour document and its scanned in colour then no need to certify "we usually accept them in that format".

If its an original black and white document it will need to be certified I was told.

Left me scratching my head a bit. Documents like our letter from the first direct bank which is black and white therefore needed to be certified because it had no colour despite being original?!

I decided to copy everything and have it all certified by a local JP to be on the safe side.

Good luck!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys!

I have uploaded 90% of my documents for subclass 189, the thing is tonight as I was uploading some of them it says " error maximum number of files have been reached" something like that so I couldnt upload the remaining..what to do? please help..Im nearing my expiry on lodging which is Sept 13. Thanks

Just having a quick read through this entire thread...

I'm aware that I need to provide a Form 80 for my 189 visa but do I need to provide a Form 1221 also? It doesn't seem to required much info over and above the Form 80 and other info I have already provided such as work history...

I'm currently in Oz on a 457 if that makes any difference? The 1221 does look familiar so it may be one I filled out for my 457.

I have a migration agent so the confirmation will come from her. Let me know if you hear something out.

Nomadgreen,

Any changes to your application yet ? My application still says the documents as received, however the "Organise your health examinations" and Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant" are still showing up !

Nomadgreen,

Any changes to your application yet ? My application still says the documents as received, however the "Organise your health examinations" and Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant" are still showing up !

Nope. Negative. I'm beginning to think that the change in status to "received" is automated and has nothing to do with CO allocation. But I hope I'm wrong.

Nope. Negative. I'm beginning to think that the change in status to "received" is automated and has nothing to do with CO allocation. But I hope I'm wrong.

Yes, you are wrong ! :) This means the CO has downloaded your documents and is currently assessing your application. This was told to me by my friend who happen to get his VISA last month. Hopefully we are not far off from our very own VISA !

Yes, you are wrong ! :) This means the CO has downloaded your documents and is currently assessing your application. This was told to me by my friend who happen to get his VISA last month. Hopefully we are not far off from our very own VISA !

Hopefully. I'm on my 10th week of waiting.

I heard that only the status showed 'Not required' then means there is a CO has been allocated to your case.

For example, for offshore applicants, work experience of AUSTRALIA is showed as 'recommended', then if CO is checking your case and downloading your file, he/she find out you are offshore with no Australia experience, then he/she will manually change the status from 'recommended' to 'not required'. Other files if no issues will still remain 'Received' and if any issues, status will change from 'Received' to 'Required', one mail from CO is expected for requesting additional documents.

I heard that only the status showed 'Not required' then means there is a CO has been allocated to your case.

For example, for offshore applicants, work experience of AUSTRALIA is showed as 'recommended', then if CO is checking your case and downloading your file, he/she find out you are offshore with no Australia experience, then he/she will manually change the status from 'recommended' to 'not required'. Other files if no issues will still remain 'Received' and if any issues, status will change from 'Received' to 'Required', one mail from CO is expected for requesting additional documents.

Thanks Haiwind, in that case if the status is "Received" it means CO has seen your documents and finds no problem with them. At-least that's what i make out of your statement. Correct me if i am wrong. Cheers.

Hi Freakedass,

I also would like think that way. But actually 'received' is system automated action. There were system issues after 5th-Aug as file uploaded with status 'required'. But yesterday seems issue had been fixed. File uploaded will show 'received' after a while just like how the system worked in the past. You can do a test as uploading any new file it will shortly turns to 'received'.

Yes, also possible once CO verified all your files are ok, so everything still remain 'received', but non-relevant items will be marked as 'Not required' for example 'oversea experiences' for onshore applicants.

Edited by haiwind

Hi Freakedass,

I also would like think that way. But actually 'received' is system automated action. There were system issues after 5th-Aug as file uploaded with status 'required'. But yesterday seems issue had been fixed. File uploaded will show 'received' after a while just like how the system worked in the past. You can do a test as uploading any new file it will shortly turns to 'received'.

Yes, also possible once CO verified all your files are ok, so everything still remain 'received', but non-relevant items will be marked as 'Not required' for example 'oversea experiences' for onshore applicants.

I agree ,i think required to received hop is automated.But if your Organise Medical link goes then we might have some hope that CO is working on the case.Not sure though

Just woke up to the golden ticket in my email box!! Happy days!! Aussie here we come, so excited! Thanks all for your support and help!

Out of curiosity SINCE UR AND MINE JOB CODE IS THE same,wat all additional docs did CO request from you ?Had u uploaded the form 80 in advance or gave it only when the CO asked for it ?

Out of curiosity SINCE UR AND MINE JOB CODE IS THE same,wat all additional docs did CO request from you ?Had u uploaded the form 80 in advance or gave it only when the CO asked for it ?

Shreya, you can fill in and upload the form 80. My agent asked me to fill up the details and i can see them already uploaded in the application although no CO is allocated. It is just to make sure, CO does not come back asking for it if he finds all other related documents are correct and need not need to ask for extra's.

My online application now shows:

The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for

Any idea what it is?

My online application now shows:

The health examinations required for this applicant have not yet been determined. Your case will be referred to a case officer to determine if further health is required. This page will be updated with advice regarding whether health examinations are required to be undertaken. Please note that this will not occur until a case officer investigates your case in line with published processing times for the visa that you have applied for

Any idea what it is?

Jed Yu had the same status ,when he was allocated a CO ,CO told all is good ..

Jed Yu had the same status ,when he was allocated a CO ,CO told all is good ..

thanks, Shreya10

I get conflicting information about the message status. On other discussion boards, they are saying that it means that the medicals are referred. Others are saying it's a start of CO reviewing my file and will be cleared. I'm hoping it's the latter.

after checking my online status, GOT THE GRANT just now. Praise the Lord! God is Good.

Thanks everyone who helped.

Thanks to my migration agent, too. Migration Angels, Ms. Kristy Duncan.

WOOOOOHOOOOO

COngratulatioN!!! You are quicker than me!! I am still waiting for the stupid police clearance to be cleared~ (I have waited for 2 months, and the stupid status is still "IN PROGRESS")

Anyway~ Good on you!!! Enjoy your life with the ticket~

after checking my online status, GOT THE GRANT just now. Praise the Lord! God is Good.

Thanks everyone who helped.

Thanks to my migration agent, too. Migration Angels, Ms. Kristy Duncan.

WOOOOOHOOOOO

So pleased for you. Congrats!