October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you've been employed for 8 years did you upload every single months worth of payslips?! I thought P60's would suffice, no?

please advise.

Well I've only got the last 5 years payslips, but I do have 9 years P60's. I was thinking one payslip per year would probably suffice. I'm claiming 8+ years of work experience. I did pay the extra for the Vetassess points test advisory letter, so I'm hoping that will also help speed things along.

Hi Dushantan,if you notice my timeline, I applied for my SS on the 7th of Sept and i got a notification on my skillselect that they were keen to contact me (initial contact) on the 08th of Oct and i got my approval the day after. That's about 1 month from the time i applied for my SS. BTW, mine was WA. Hope that helps :)

Hi sumithra, Thank you so much for the information. I received an automated email on the 19th Oct mentioning that my immigration application submission has been received and that I can monitor the progress on the SA website and that SA will contact me in the near future. Does this mean I am sure to get an invite or its just an acknowledgment mail?

Just waiting for my son's new passport to tip up so I can continue with the 190 invitation application. So I am ahead of the game a bit are the documents required for down load the same for everyone? I am claiming 10Yrs+ work experience and following a house move a couple of years ago when a load of stuff went missing I've only got access to the payslips from then. All my old tax stuff is missing as well! Do you have to get a reference from each of the employers you claim, basically just stating when you worked for them and in what capacity? I thought all the employment stuff was covered in the Vetassess and that's what all the money was for!

If anyone could let me know what they will be looking for I can try to get it ready while I wait on the passport, at least I will not waste the next couple of weeks if I need toistart requesting stuff from old employers and the tax office, and digging round to find certificates and stuff. Any advice would be great.

Thanks All

Kev :eek:

Hi Kev

i am in the same thinking as you. Why pay all that money to vetassess to then be told you are not in that occupation and further need to prove it, but they are the diac so they do hae the final say.

I will just supply the extra tax documents and maybe a couple more payslips. 4 for each employer should be enough. I am only claiming for over 5 years and so need to provide for 2 employers, so not going to go over the top.

Hi Kev

i am in the same thinking as you. Why pay all that money to vetassess to then be told you are not in that occupation and further need to prove it, but they are the diac so they do hae the final say.

I will just supply the extra tax documents and maybe a couple more payslips. 4 for each employer should be enough. I am only claiming for over 5 years and so need to provide for 2 employers, so not going to go over the top.

Probably do the same myself for as many of the previous employers as I can. The VETASSESS assessment for my trade is pretty useless. Looks like I will have to do weeks of additional training and licence applications before I can take a job offer! Feel pretty jipped especially as I will have to pay for the 'Gap' Training as they call it. Getting up to speed with Australian rules and regs is, of course, totally sensible but I can't do any of it till I get to Oz?? You'd think someone in the UK would offer the training packages before you go. Pity I'm not staying, could be a opportunity to make some money there!

Ah well, it'll all be worth it in the end. :yes:

Just waiting for my son's new passport to tip up so I can continue with the 190 invitation application. So I am ahead of the game a bit are the documents required for down load the same for everyone? I am claiming 10Yrs+ work experience and following a house move a couple of years ago when a load of stuff went missing I've only got access to the payslips from then. All my old tax stuff is missing as well! Do you have to get a reference from each of the employers you claim, basically just stating when you worked for them and in what capacity? I thought all the employment stuff was covered in the Vetassess and that's what all the money was for!

If anyone could let me know what they will be looking for I can try to get it ready while I wait on the passport, at least I will not waste the next couple of weeks if I need toistart requesting stuff from old employers and the tax office, and digging round to find certificates and stuff. Any advice would be great.

Thanks All

I'll let you know what I get asked for when my visa starts to get processed, and also when a CO is allocated.

I totally agree with you all - why do you need to prove your work experience when you have a positive Vetassess assessment?????

Kev,

I have used an agent for the whole process so far.

Right from the start he really pushed for job references dating back to my first job where I started my apprenticeship.

Luckily I had some nice bosses/managers that were really helpful.

I had three references in total, I sent them to my agent, they were copied and checked by a solicitor.

If it would help I could email a copy of them to you if you wish!

Elliot

Daddycool did you do form 1221?

My visa is still at status "received". I think it needs to move to "processing" before I'll get any document requirements. At the moment it says "no next steps" against each of us. I think this is just because it was Friday afternoon when I completed and submitted my visa.

Could someone let me know how long we have to make the actual move to Australia once a visa is granted. I know there is a timeframe when we have to enter the country but would just like to know what this is ie 6 months, 12 months, decided by state sponsoring you, etc.

Many thanks

As far as I'm aware, you have one year from the date of your medicals or police checks, whichever was done earlier.

Hi my agent tells me, once you have been granted your visa everyone on your application have 9-10 months to visit Australia to activate the visa.

Once the visa is activated you have 5 years to completely move.

This timeframe allows people to sell property etc.

This applies to 189 and 190 visas!

Thanks all for letting me know the timeframes for entry.

At the weekend we completed the 190 application only to find my sons passport runs out in 9 months time. When filling out the 190 it says the passport should be valid for 6 months but the guidelines booklet says 2 years ie the passport needs to be one you travel to Australia with.

I have now applied for a new passport but wonder if I can still submit my 190 application and then inform the CO of the new passport number once we receive it.

I also note that you have to take your passport for the medicals that I want to organise asap - should I also wait for the new passport to arrive before booking this or do you think we can go ahead with the medicals and send the online 190 application in the meantime.

Your advices would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

Just got told form 1221 may be required. Anyone esle filled that in? Its just me and the wife going.

I hope i dont have to supply every payslip i thought a couple would be enough plus tax documents.

Hi,

The thumb rule is provide as many relevant documents as possible to prove your claims. CO would ideally ask for every payslip for the whole employment period. As many people may not have all payslips, Bank Statements showing salary credit and Tax documents would help in proving the employment claims.

Regards

Thanks All

Hi Kev,

Unfortunately, DIAC has it's own process to verify employment claims. Skills Assessment is just a requirement for them and they don't reply on that completely.

For employment:

1. Detailed reference letter from employer in company letterhead - should include start and end date of employment, full time / part time, number of hours worked, detailed roles & responsibilities

2. Payslips

3. Tax documents

4. Bank Statements

Provide as much as possible to prove your claims. DIAC can also initiate external checks for education and employment verification - if they do, it will delay the application.

Regards

Could someone let me know how long we have to make the actual move to Australia once a visa is granted. I know there is a timeframe when we have to enter the country but would just like to know what this is ie 6 months, 12 months, decided by state sponsoring you, etc.

Many thanks

I think CO would decide the date. Usually it's 12 months from you PCC date or Medicals date.

Hi just wondering if anyone here can help. I just received my VIC SS nomination today but I'm holding out with the hope of getting 189 EOI invite in Nov because it will give me more options for work.

Does anyone know how long I have before I need to respond to VIC to accept the nomination and link it to my EOI?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi all,

Congrats to all who got there sponsorship. I recently submitted my EOI on 04th October and applied for the sponsorship on to SA under 190 category on 09th october. I would also like to join this group.

I have a question, normally how long does the process take for the state to contact you regarding the application?

Hi

My SA SS took 12 weeks.

Delta