Need your help to keep Aaron out of a wheelchair...

3FatCats

Dear PIOers,

Admin have given me permission to request this as a Sticky Thread, hopefully to give more visibility to our situation.

A PIO family who are dear friends of mine have a son, Aaron, who was born with Cerebral Palsy. Aaron is a great kid...but at 15 is now facing a wheelchair full time, probably by the end of this year.

Luckily he has been shortlisted and offered the chance of an operation to take place this December in the USA. It is called SDR, and basically means having part of his lower spine cut open and some of the nerves cut to reduce and hopefully eliminate the spasticity that currently prevents him from standing up and walking.

Understandably his parents are both happy and worried at the same time. We have been trying to raise the necessary funds for this operation since we found out in March, but as recent newcomers to Oz we only have small local networks and a limited number of friends.

Support has been coming in from all places through our website www.aaronsnextsteps.com and our facebook page, we have currently reached just over a quarter of our target amount of $60K needed to pay for Aaron's operation. A small group of Sydney Hills PIOers including myself have clubbed together to create a Charity for Aaron and we dedicate all the energy and time we can to sausage sizzles and various other fundraisers. Unfortunately it is not enough :cry:

I would like to appeal to every PIO user, please can you donate a single Pound, Dollar or Euro? Just ONE?

This would make a whole lot of difference to this wonderful family, and help keep Aaron's chances real.

We are also holding a fundraising evening on the 5th October in Dural, NSW just outside Sydney. There will be music, food, wine, prizes. If anyone local would like to come along and meet us we would be delighted, the flyer is on our website.

I usually hate using forums as mediums to ask for aid....but this is for a fellow PIO family who could really use our help right now.

You can donate online via a Credit Card facility, a transfer into our Aaron's Next Steps Account or a cheque to the Edwards family. All these details are on our website http://www.aaronsnextsteps.com

I thank you for your kind hearts. :wubclub:

Guest Guest16631

.........will do............and will forward the page on.............a handsome and courageous young man................!..............I wish him and his family all the luck and good wishes..............tink x

As Aaron's mum, i just want to thank each and every one of you who took the time to read about Aaron and for the wonderful comments and donations.. we appreciate every penny as we know how hard people work for their dollars, we will put every dollar to good use i promise you that.. thank you thank you again xx

As Aaron's mum, i just want to thank each and every one of you who took the time to read about Aaron and for the wonderful comments and donations.. we appreciate every penny as we know how hard people work for their dollars, we will put every dollar to good use i promise you that.. thank you thank you again xx

I would just like to send you a massive :hug: and send you all my love, will try to make a regular donation ..... x x

Just a sad update really, it appears some delightful person has hacked Aaron's website.

Please rest assured we ARE a genuine charity, and still have our Facebook page up and running with ALL details of how to donate.

Our next fundraiser is on the 5th October at Dural Country Club in NSW, tickets are $75 including dinner and live music. Details of this also on Facebook.

Prizes will include a football signed by the entire Bulldogs team! Let's hope they win the final...also some bling, Tiffany, Swarovski, cases of wine, hampers....

Just a sad update really, it appears some delightful person has hacked Aaron's website.

Please rest assured we ARE a genuine charity, and still have our Facebook page up and running with ALL details of how to donate.

Our next fundraiser is on the 5th October at Dural Country Club in NSW, tickets are $75 including dinner and live music. Details of this also on Facebook.

Prizes will include a football signed by the entire Bulldogs team! Let's hope they win the final...also some bling, Tiffany, Swarovski, cases of wine, hampers....

Hacked by remove,some sick evil bastards out there Naomi,will the site be up again soon?

Guest Guest16631

.............that is a sad state of affairs................hopefully this will only make everyone more determined to reach the goal needed for this young man.................good luck with the next fundraiser.............tink x

Archived