Anyone Applied for ANMAC skills assessment recently?

pom4165

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am claiming 3 years and have worked for the same employer for more than those 3 years so I just did one reference. They did e-mail me when they received the docs to say that all seemed to be in order so I assume that the one ref was enough.

Debs

Cheers Debs:) was reading old post relating to uni transcripts. Got one which has all modules studied and cat points but not hrs on each do you think I need to contact uni/nmc for transcript with hrs ?

You need to have the hours of practice and theory on your transcript or they'll refuse it. I sent my original copy that I received from uni when I qualified but they wouldn't accept it. When they messages me to say that all docs were ok they said that I needed the transcript with hours on it. I contacted uni and they charged my £20 for it. They have received it and it seems to be ok. The one that uni hold must be different than the one you get when you qualify. However, when I was taking my IELTS test I was speaking to another nurse who said she contacted NMC who sent it free of charge. You can do this online. Just go on their website and there is a link for nurses practising oversees. Just click on it and ask for it to be sent direct to ANMAC. Simples lol.

Debs

You need to have the hours of practice and theory on your transcript or they'll refuse it. I sent my original copy that I received from uni when I qualified but they wouldn't accept it. When they messages me to say that all docs were ok they said that I needed the transcript with hours on it. I contacted uni and they charged my £20 for it. They have received it and it seems to be ok. The one that uni hold must be different than the one you get when you qualify. However, when I was taking my IELTS test I was speaking to another nurse who said she contacted NMC who sent it free of charge. You can do this online. Just go on their website and there is a link for nurses practising oversees. Just click on it and ask for it to be sent direct to ANMAC. Simples lol.

my uni is charging 40!! nmc website states if uni no longer exists they can do this.

might chance it any way. save some pennies :)

Debs

my uni is charging 40!! nmc website states if uni no longer exists they can do this.

if i ever get to Perth will owe u a large glass of vino :):)

thanks again

Helen :)

if i ever get to Perth will owe u a large glass of vino :):)

thanks again

Helen :)

My Uni charged me £120!!!! I think it must be the most expensive transcript because everyone else seems to have getting it for either free or up to 40,00!

Guest Dermo1
hi in regards to references for anmac , how many are needed?, I have worked on same ward for 10 years from qualifing.

I worked at a GP surgery for 12 yrs so asked my senior GP who did a brilliant reference, this was returned and asked for my mentor to sign so my colleague did a small reference at the end of the reference then this was returned asking for my manager to do one (should have asked manager 1st!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I am in aus on a 457 visa and am wanting to apply for PR via the 189 visa route. I believe I have to do a skills assessment first. I will be extremely greatful if anyone could help me with what type of reference I need from my previous employers, I have read the ANMACs template but don't know how detailed it should be - also is there a list of documents anywhere of everything that I need to submit to ANMAC? Any help or advice would be grealtly appreciated!!

Thank you

Hi Guys

I am in aus on a 457 visa and am wanting to apply for PR via the 189 visa route. I believe I have to do a skills assessment first. I will be extremely greatful if anyone could help me with what type of reference I need from my previous employers, I have read the ANMACs template but don't know how detailed it should be - also is there a list of documents anywhere of everything that I need to submit to ANMAC? Any help or advice would be grealtly appreciated!!

Thank you

hi. please have a good read of the info on this link:

http://www.anmac.org.au/nurse-or-midwife-registered-australia-or-new-zealand

• 2 weeks later...

HI, I ve been waiting for the full assessment from ANMAC for 12 weeks now. Its taking ages. Did someone applied for it in May and received it? Another query. Did anyone used the Anmac service of sending the documents to aphra before applying with aphra, or should I resend all the documents again?

Hi all, my ANMAC paperwork was received 18/04/2013, and approved 18/06/2013, so exactly 2 months! It was dealt with by a lady called Sue, so I'm inclined to think there's a few people responsible for them! Sorry Sharon, the ielts has to be done!! Get that under your belt 1st, because it adds to your visa points total! In my case 20 points! Good luck all.

Hi all, my ANMAC paperwork was received 18/04/2013, and approved 18/06/2013, so exactly 2 months! It was dealt with by a lady called Sue, so I'm inclined to think there's a few people responsible for them! Sorry Sharon, the ielts has to be done!! Get that under your belt 1st, because it adds to your visa points total! In my case 20 points! Good luck all.

Wow that was quick, was all your documents in order straight of? well done x

And pacticenurse, my uni charged £120 too (Northumbria University) but they were very good, and sent copy very quickly to ANMAC, and one to me! There certainly is a lot of money involved in all these hoops we have to jump through!

Yep! Mine was Northumbria Uni too.. Can u believe that other universities don't charge.. Did you do adult nursing?

When did you finish your nurse training at Northumbria?

Hi again, Tina, no, not all docs correct, in initial assessment told statement of entry not correct documentation sent, so got in touch with NMC, they must have been quick, as it didn't hold it up too much! And qualified in 1996!! But uni had no probs with transcript! One thing that may have speeded mine up, I requested a lot of docs be sent direct to ANNAC, before I sent in my application? Not sure if it helped but may have done??? x x

Hi again, Tina, no, not all docs correct, in initial assessment told statement of entry not correct documentation sent, so got in touch with NMC, they must have been quick, as it didn't hold it up too much! And qualified in 1996!! But uni had no probs with transcript! One thing that may have speeded mine up, I requested a lot of docs be sent direct to ANNAC, before I sent in my application? Not sure if it helped but may have done??? x x

oooo may have been u never know, only ielts was sent prior, but everything sent together a month or so later. Was prepared with transcript and nmc, they received those 5 days after receiving all other docs. Well only about 6 weeks left to wait. I dont know why i wish it to hurry up still saving for visa haha. suppose i just want things sorted and all ready. You getting a job lined up before u go and where u hoping to go? xx

We have lodged 190 visa with WA sponsorship! So that's where we're heading! And will have to have job lined up, but hope with PR visa, I'll get to chose, rather than the job choosing me!!! And from what I have read, maybe ANMAC having all my docs 1st has helped! I sent everything that needed to go direct, a couple of weeks before my application? Where are you hoping to go? x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi fellow members,

I sent my full ANMAC assessment on 21st of May and they received it on the 28th of May. My initial assessment was done on 4th of June.Since DIAC now advices IELTS validity for 3 years I enquired with ANMAC about the validity of my IELTS result before applying as My IELTS result was going to lapse on 28th of June (2 years expiry, before the new rule) . I was asked to repeat it again regardless of the new rule set by DIAC!! I was not impressed but decided to send my old result with my application regardless.The examining body for IELTS were quite helpful and posted it to ANMAC the very next day.

On the e-mail after the initial assessment, I was told that all my documents were satisfactory and that they were waiting for my NMC verification. By this point I had already booked my IELTS again! It was annoying as if I had not been so adamantly asked to re-take IELTS they would have accepted my old result anyways.....To cut the long story short, I did my IELTS again on 8th of June and passed it on 21st of June, my result was forwarded to ANMAC which they never acknowledged. When I enquired, they were quite short and asked me to await contact from ANMAC. They however did acknowledge my NMC verification.

I am not sure if they count the weeks from the day of receiving application or from the day of initial assessment.I am still waiting for a letter of determination. It has been 12 weeks since they received my application. I just hope they do not turn around in the last week and ask for my new IELTS result!!!! It would be well annoying! I am expecting an e-mail from them to tell me that my assessment has begun, so far not heard anything.

Good luck to everyone, it is one long tiring wait!!!

If this is the same lady, she has not been very helpful to me!!!She wrote to me in June to inform that she was still dealing with April assessments,so far not told me if she has begun my final assessment, I have been waiting for more than 12 weeks now. Did anyone get an e-mail to tell them when the final assessment begins?

I sent my application off 9th April. They acknowledged that they received it on 29th April and advised me that I needed a more in depth transcript. My university sent it and ANMAC received it 24th June. Received an e-mail on 13th aug from ANMAC saying they had completed my assessment and that it has gone to a second review as per ANMAC policy. Received an e-mail from ANMAC 19th aug saying it was successful and my LOD was included.

Debs

Guest Dermo1

Hi Nickyjkas,

That happened with me, NMC posted it May 12 and AMNAC let my migration agent know Oct 12 so I was fuming, another 5 months wasted. I then had to do the same for APHRA so I am on the ball this time and keeping check if not received it within 2 weeks.