Door mats

Proview220

Sorry - looks like my last comment was censored. Sorry - I didn't mean to be offensive. I just thought it was strange that you would want to travel to another country and place down Union Jack doormats. It's sort of like waving a red flag to a bull.

Sorry - looks like my last comment was censored. Sorry - I didn't mean to be offensive. I just thought it was strange that you would want to travel to another country and place down Union Jack doormats. It's sort of like waving a red flag to a bull.

I dont see any harm in that.

give it another 20yrs there will be more poms in oz than Australian people!

I agree mate, dont get it.

I'd be worried about the postie not posting me mail etc if i had union jack doormats,not that i'd have them tbh:wubclub:,i know they have postboxes at the front of the property,but they'd see union jack doormats from there mostly i reckon,IF yer get an anti-pom aussie????????????

At least theres only a cpl of people who see my Liver bird boxies(carry on luggage:biggrin:)

No one has stated the obvious. There is a union jack on the Aussie flag - just cut out the southern cross bit if you are really that concerned. You don't need to flag wave here as your accent will give you away. However, I have been mistaken for American, Canadian, South African and a Kiwi. God knows how as i have an obvious Devon/Westcountry accent. Aussies, bless em - some don't know much about the world outside Australia!

No one has stated the obvious. There is a union jack on the Aussie flag - just cut out the southern cross bit if you are really that concerned. You don't need to flag wave here as your accent will give you away. However, I have been mistaken for American, Canadian, South African and a Kiwi. God knows how as i have an obvious Devon/Westcountry accent. Aussies, bless em - some don't know much about the world outside Australia!

they certainly are atrocious at locating where an accent is from!

to those who think its odd having a union jack door mat on aus, what would you think about an Aussie with a southern cross flag in the UK?

personally I wouldn't care less who had what flag in what country or even a door mat!

they certainly are atrocious at locating where an accent is from!

They do struggle a bit going on the fact hardly any of them thought we were from england,but to be fair i wouldnt be able to guess which state aussies were from,then again i was told by an aussie there isnt much regional difference in aussie accents,dont know if thats right?

Archived