Anybody received state sponsorship since 1 July

AnnetteV

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I haven't heard from skillselect yet and tried calling them but after 30 minutes wait I hang up - Do any of you have an email or phone no to DIAC?

I choose ACT because of the job oppotunities for me as a careers counsellor or recruitment consultant plus off course ACT had my occupation on their life. I'm actually Danish and live in Copenhagen, after 3½ years in Bath, England so hope its okay Im here :-) Weather and the nature is also perfect for me in Canberra, cold and hot weather with loads of sunshine

Annette,

Sorry I don't have any DIAC contact details, I have had no need to contact them yet due to the progress of my application.

Wow very interesting background, both Copenhagen and Bath are beautiful. I work for Ikano Bank in the uk so you have some connection.

Like you we decided on ACT because of career, weather, lifestyle and my occupation was on the SMP.

Its such a shame about your situation, getting somewhere with your application and answers takes so long. I always say nobody said it would be easy, but they said it would be worth it.

Thanks both.

Wow Maria looks like you could be getting your Visa soon as sometimes medicals etc could delay the progress. Best of luck to both of you and hopefully i should have some news this week, which will allow me then to lodge with DIAC.

Hi All

I have been keeping an eye on all your posts since you all started and I have to keep looking each day to see how well you are all doing with your journeys for the star prize of a Visa. We are slightly behind all of you in that we only received confirmation of our SS application together with payment from ACT on the 5th September so we are now playing the waiting game to hear if we can apply for the 190 visa. I have already highlighted the 20th working day on the calendar and hope that we hear something by then.

Look forward to reading how you all get on and I hope for everyone still waiting they receive their sponsorship soon.

Hi,

I got positive NSW state sponsorship response within 6 days. I had got their acknowledgement that my application was received on 7th Sep and I got email from them on 13th Sep stating that they have approved the state sponsorship. I got invitation to apply for the 190 visa on 14th Sep. I still have not applied for the visa yet, still need to get some documents arranged for my wife.

Regards,JBB

Hi. Well it was my 21st working day today and i have not heard anything from ACT but i did email them yesterday to chase. From previous emails it has taken them a day or so to get back. I am hoping for an case officer and answer this week.

Good luck in your journeys and i will keep you posted.

HiN7kkp,

I applied on 14th Aug and got confirmation email on 16th of Aug. I had sent the hard copies by courier and did not any confirmation from the department. I'm yet to hear from them regarding the processing of my application. My occupation is ICT Business Analyst. BTW, whats yours?

I only contacted them because it said in the 190 guidelines and an email reply that they were working towards 20 days and so i could contact them, however not heard anything for 3 days since email was sent. I just imagine they are really busy and working towards the 30 working days so more probable for an answer at the end of next week rather than this week, i hope.

I hope you guys hear from ACT this week. The waiting game is so difficult.

I have the first part of my medical tomorrow. Im also trying to upload documents but the the site is down for maintance all the time but have managed almost all the documents.

I plan a holiday there next spring and hopefully meet with some recruitment agencies but the final move will most likely first be 2014. It has been a life long dream so one more year is okay.

Hi all. Well some news. Got a reply today and it said:

Your application is 10 in the queue. Hopefully we will have a answer by end of next week

So at least i can sleep for a few days and hopefull hear somethjng next week. Plus so glad i heard as was worrying something was wrong.

Annette hope your journey goes smoother and good luck in the meds.

Nick, I believe soon you will get positive outcome. It's a good idea to have rest for a while. Soon you will need some energy to fight with this Visa Lodgement web-site )))

Annette, great plan! Best of luck to you!

We are opposite are eager to move asap, as situation in our country is not good.

Our meds arrived to Global Health today. Next week I go to my native country to order police clearence (as i should provide from 2 countries)

Glad to hear you're getting there N7! Meds are straightforward - blood test, chest x-ray, quick physical (tap knees, elbows, look in ears, eyes, blood pressure etc.) and lots of questions.

You're right about visa app - it's unbelievable! Am constantly on the website trying to upload docs and 99% of the time it fails. Hopefully they'll resolve it soon...

Hi.

I got the following status on email: "Your application for ACT Government nomination of a Skilled - Nominated (subclass190) visa has been assigned to a case officer."

Also, i got an email to send evidence on my current employment. I was given a choice of either reference letter or the latest payslip.

Fingers crossed !

Archived