Anybody received state sponsorship since 1 July

AnnetteV

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Annette,

When did you apply? Guess you're just half way through the wait now! Hope you're coping with it better than me :-)

I applied 4 July online (hard copy 20 July) and haven't heard anything yet except that they'll let me know when they get to me. Oh and I'm off list now, so unless I got in before the list changed (which I'm not totally sure about), I'll be relying on off-list verification, which seems like a long shot!

I hope you get the right answer and that it's soon!

Hello everybody,

I applied 1st August, considering new list of occupation in demand, where my profession is "Open". I didn't get any news but on the web-site they mention that it takes 30 working day to process applications. So I am prepared to wait until mid-September....

Hopefully, all of us will get positive outcome!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we just applied 23rd August not had an email yet confirming processing but on the 10th we applied for "limited" occupation and received an acceptance the next day so they seem to be fairly quick on that front. Will wait and see how long eveyone's is taking.

Hi all

I applied through their website with uploaded docs on 18th August. I also sent my certified copies over which they received on the 27th (unsure if certified copies were needed) and I was informed 20 working days via email on the 21st, so fingers crossed.

Good luck to all

Good luck for tomorrow if not you can chase them. Out of interest where are you based. I am from the uk.

How did you find the state sponsorship process?

Do you feel you have a strong case?

Sorry lots of questions but out of interest what does make a strong case. Funds? Commitment statement? Job adverts? I am naive in thinking if you cover what they ask for then why would they refuse?

I applied under the old ACT SS system and am already on 28 working days wait since they received my hard copies. I guess it's maybe like DIAC who are processing 190 apps quicker than 176s. I really hope they don't make me wait the full 60 working days as I'm getting far too obsessed with checking my email and am not even half way there yet!

It said 60 days in the old system guidelines (think it still says in the new ones, though it sounds like that may just be an oversight if they're quoting 20 working days in correspondence).

Hard copies was under the old system. Until last month, you had to apply via an online form (not the online system they now have) and then post it to them hard copy along with copies of your passport, skills assessment etc.

I applied under the old ACT SS system and am already on 28 working days wait since they received my hard copies. I guess it's maybe like DIAC who are processing 190 apps quicker than 176s. I really hope they don't make me wait the full 60 working days as I'm getting far too obsessed with checking my email and am not even half way there yet!

When we applied for SS back in February it took almost the entire 60 working days for them to process us... that was before the 1 July rule changes, I don't know what effect that might have. I'm sure I found something on their website that told me what application submission dates they were currently processing though, might be worth having a look for that!

Hi Guys,

I received an email this morning:

"

Current processing times are taking longer than 20 working days due to a backlog of applications which occurred whilst the new website and online application system was being developed. We are hoping that the processing time will slowly reduce over the next month or so."

Thought you would like to know...

Thanks for that. Out of interest your signature mentions you are no longer on the smp, have you contacted them to ask how this leaves your application?

They said it won't be a problem if I was eligible when I applied. I know the old list (on which my profession was open) was definitely still up on their site the day before I applied. I guess they'd must've taken down the old application form at the same time as they took down the list, so I should be OK (trying desperately to convince myself...). The waiting is driving me nuts though!

Best of luck blue his. I know how dissapointing things can be as I got an unsuccessful vetassess first time, but I keep telling myself, no one said it would be easy, but they said it would be worth it and if you really want something you just keep trying.

So what I have done also is, my wife wanted a career change and to be a nurse so we have also applied for a university place, which we have got, so if we don't get state sponsorship or diac, we will go out on a student visa and then hope to get sponsorship afterwards, in a field Australia has a massive demand for.

Thanks N7 - it will definitely be worth it!

Funnily enough, we have a very similar plan B to you :-) My wife will do a Masters in ACT if we don't get SS, but I'd much rather just get the SS, so she can have some time settling the kids in and not have to worry about studying.

Where will your wife studying - ACT or elsewhere? I know Canberra isn't everyone's cup of tea, though we think it's just right for us.

So no news today again :huh:

i think what is the hardest thing about all of this is when you are putting all the information together your mind is so active, you really think about putting a strong case together, how can i show Australia how great i really am, trust me took a lot of convincing lol

Anyhow when all that is done you are suddenly on a high for about 10 minutes, then the wait hits you. i could be waiting ages?

i was running through the PomsinOz forums last night and the DIAC pages and it says, after being invited you should expect a case office within 4 weeks, and then it could take up to 6 months. 6 months!!!! really?

i made the decision to go last year and really finding it hard to be motivated in my job. Plus when people ask you how are things, you don't want to bore them with ok but everything takes time. i just want to go now.... But i suppose the way i feel is no different to others on here.

No news for me either N7 :-(

It seems from what I gather on here that 6 months is really the worst case e.g. for complex cases (high risk countries etc.). Most people seem to take a couple of months from visa app to grant, so you should hopefully be approved this year with a bit of luck. Fingers crossed tonight will be the night for SS at least...

Actually, one piece of promising news is that Canberrayourfuture is now quoting 30 working days for processing SS. I'm on 30 already, so maybe won't be long now?

So good luck to you! Please inform if something happen or maybe if you send them a query what will they answer... I am today 22 working days, still silence )

Archived