StevieF8

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOLD MEDAL FOR TEAM GB

Women's Omnium - Cycling

15928d1344077679-london-2012-olympics-london-2012-olympic-gold-008.jpg

Team GB 45 Medals (+ Guaranteed Silver in Women's Sprint Cycling)

Team Oz 22 Medals (+ Guaranteed Silver in Women's Sprint Cycling)

steve ..........if it was G.B v anyone else i wouldnt be bothered a bit ......but the Aussies ,thats a different matter ................

Guest The Ropey HOFF
47 Medals confirmed already + 3 guaranteed Bronze Medals in the Boxing

Don't forget the certain Gold medal in the ..... Darts from .... Phil the Power Taylor, lol.

ANOTHER GOLD MEDAL FOR TEAM GB

Men's Keirin - Cycling

Sir Chris Hoy

15928d1344077679-london-2012-olympics-london-2012-olympic-gold-008.jpg

Team GB 47 Medals

Team Oz 24 Medals

Sir Chris, what a legend, to see him crying during the anthem just shows how much it means even to they guys that are the best. Good on him, and he was congratulated by Sir Steve Redgrave after the medal ceremony

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Watching the Oz news yesterday trying to spin their way out fot he fact that the UK is thrashing Aus, in the medal stakes was hilarious.

Makes a nice change, we were crap for decades, its great to see us compete with the big boys, GO Team GB.

Watching the Oz news yesterday trying to spin their way out fot he fact that the UK is thrashing Aus, in the medal stakes was hilarious.

Thats it in a nutshell ........the fact that Australia has been disappointing at the olympics is one thing, the poms know all about that . ..........but why does the Australian nation have to constantly keep comparing their performance with a nation situated 12,000 miles away

My desire to see the Aussies beaten is because of their perceived lack of humility , and desire to find excuses when beaten .

Thats it in a nutshell ........the fact that Australia has been disappointing at the olympics is one thing, the poms know all about that . ..........but why does the Australian nation have to constantly keep comparing their performance with a nation situated 12,000 miles away

My desire to see the Aussies beaten is because of their perceived lack of humility , and desire to find excuses when beaten .

I suppose the question could be asked as to why you are concerned with the performance of a nation 18000ks away???

I think the Aus trying to beat the UK is like growing up trying to beat your big brother. It's been going on for years, have a look at the ashes.

Growing up playing quite competitive sport, you need a certain but of cockiness and self belief to do well. The Aussies just show that differently to the Brits I suppose. Saying that you can see it every weekend in britian during the winter

Saw a fact-ette on the Telegraph's blog this morning:

Apparently Alistair Brownlee's time for the 10K run in the triathlon at 29:07 was only 97 seconds outside Mo Farah's gold medal winning time for the 10K on Saturday.....despite Brownlee having slowed right down for the last 100m to grab a flag and savour the moment, walked the last 20 or so metres, despite it being outside on the road rather than on track, and despite the rather small fact of doing it after swimming a mile and cycling a marathon (OK, not quite but you get the point). He would have made the final of the 10K with that time

Wow. Just wow. If I run a 48 minute 10K I feel pretty pleased with myself

Saw a fact-ette on the Telegraph's blog this morning:

Apparently Alistair Brownlee's time for the 10K run in the triathlon at 29:07 was only 97 seconds outside Mo Farah's gold medal winning time for the 10K on Saturday.....despite Brownlee having slowed right down for the last 100m to grab a flag and savour the moment, walked the last 20 or so metres, despite it being outside on the road rather than on track, and despite the rather small fact of doing it after swimming a mile and cycling a marathon (OK, not quite but you get the point). He would have made the final of the 10K with that time

Wow. Just wow. If I run a 48 minute 10K I feel pretty pleased with myself

that is incredible, what an athlete

I suppose the question could be asked as to why you are concerned with the performance of a nation 18000ks away???

I think the Aus trying to beat the UK is like growing up trying to beat your big brother. It's been going on for years, have a look at the ashes.

Growing up playing quite competitive sport, you need a certain but of cockiness and self belief to do well. The Aussies just show that differently to the Brits I suppose. Saying that you can see it every weekend in britian during the winter

it's funny that on Sundays when my son plays soccer - the teams that are the most competative (and the coach shouting loudest/hardest) are those with a high proportion of Brits in the teams (the coach is usually a brit). Nothing wrong with the competativeness by the way, but I don't like hearing kids being berated for making mistakes.