London 2012: Olympics

StevieF8

So the Olympics are (unofficially) underway....are people looking forward to it?

I’m not sure what going on with the Logo...it cost £400,000 and looks like someone’s kid did it with crayons</SPAN>

2012_logo_white_385x450_0.jpg

Then Stella McCartney came up with the kit...Not sure who approved that design but for certain sports the design looks awful, some shirts look OK, but why use the Union Jack if you are going to change the colours?

Could you imagine USA turning up and letting a designer mess with their flag?</SPAN>

teamgb_2174580b.jpg

I think the Torch relay has been a real highlight, people from all walks of life getting involved and millions turning out to see it

Problems with bus drivers, tube drivers and border staff striking or threatening to strike (unjustifiably in most cases)

G4S debacle over Security staff, thankfully the Forces are able to step in (will do a much better job anyway, so that’s probably a blessing)

The Olympic lanes and London congestion issues and athletes getting lost on the way to the village

It's been a long hard slog to get here but we made it........Opening win in the football for GB Women, the men managed a 1-1 draw (but should of had a penalty to make it 2-0)

So to the Opening Ceremony tomorrow, I can’t wait, really looking forward to it, I think it is going to be brilliant</SPAN>

team-gb.jpg

london2012-logo.gif

london2012-logo.gif

teamgb_2174580b.jpg

team-gb.jpg

2012_logo_white_385x450_0.jpg

Edited by StevieF8
Sp.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest over the last few months i have not been to bothered but as it has got nearer especially the last few days i have taken more of an interest and on the whole i think it will be good for the country, at least i hope it is given how much the games have cost.

Guest guest30085

I cant wait! I dont usually watch the Olympics, except for the equestrian and athletics, but Ive caught the bug this time, probably because its here.

Ive got the full listings of when everything is happening and will be turning in as much as I can, and will be arranging work around the best bits - oh the joys of being self-employed :wink:

I know there's been some hiccups, but hopefully these will pale into insignificance once it officially kicks off, but of course the good old British Press wont let it go, so Im glad I dont read the papers much :wink:

Tomorrow my work are giving us a olympic themed lunch apparently, they're bringing the caterers in with sandwiches, sausage rolls etc. nothing to get you in the olympic spirit than a free lunch :cute:

Better hope Seb Coe doesn't find out....you are only allowed to eat McDonalds & drink Coke during the Olympics