London 2012: Olympics

StevieF8

Guest Longtime Lurker
That was brilliant. In the same mould as the great Daley Thompson.

Cheers, Bobj.

But without the moustache!

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Longtime Lurker

A few weeks ago I was quite ambivalent about the Olympics but it has been gripping! I have loved watching all the different sports and having the temporary 20 + BBC channels has meant you could pick and choose what you watched. Not sure about spending £80M on the opening ceremony though :eek:

Guest Longtime Lurker
It cost £27m (US $40m) and was worth every penny

Beijing Opening Ceremony US $100m

That's better than the figure I read! I couldn't work out how they could spend £80M on one night - good though it was.

Guest guest30085

Crying like a baby over the lovely pictues of Mo Farah's little girl and wife meeting him on the track . . . . . :notworthy:

The GB Team have done us all very proud :notworthy:

What a day :jiggy:

Team GB - you were fantastic. Impossible to pick any one of the gold medal winners over another - you were all brilliant :biggrin:.

Felt sorriest for our men's lightweight double sculls - those poor boys were heartbroken to get a silver medal. Come on fellas, heads up, be proud - you took part in the Olympics, you qualified for a final and you won a medal - you're stars in my book :smile:

Team GB. 14. Gold

Team Australia 1. Gold.

15 now and hopefully a few more to come, Should be too for all the investment and hard work put in by all involved.

Although Bradley must be fave for SPOTY I still think its a shame that it generally tends to go to high achievers in the more ''popular/publicised'' sports, but surely after today Ainslie should be right up there as a favourite, or lifetime achievement award winner at least.

Guest Longtime Lurker

Australia 21st place in medal table: 1 Gold, 12 Silver 7 Bronze = 20 To quote their advert "where the bloody hell are you?"

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Silver Medal in Mixed Doubles Tennis

Bronze Medal in the Men's Omnium Cycling

Team GB 36 Medals

Team Oz 20 Medals

Gordon Bennet PB will be frothing at the mouth when he sees the medals gap between Oz and the UK, lol.

Gordon Bennet PB will be frothing at the mouth when he sees the medals gap between Oz and the UK, lol.

I can't imagine what he must have gone through last night, when he came up with the idea to do his little bit of selective copy/pasting

Maybe it was similar to what Einstein went through when he came up with the Theory of Relativity :goofy:

Watched the women's marathon last night, which was good, as usual and marvelled at the bright green of the London plane trees along the route. It was one good memory that stayed in my mind from my last visit in 1967.

Cheers, Bobj.