Brits taking over Perth's north

StevieF8

Thats the thing with the Brits moving around the world, until they speak, most of the time you dont know where they're from

They don't go in and try and change things, at least not in Oz, thats why the article is mis-leading

Australia is, for me, like the USA, they wont take any s*** from anyone about their Country - you either fit in or you **** off!

You could say the same about the Polish.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Macdonald..... sad but very true...... i still remember the disgraceful scenes of when 'a small minority' blatantly stood in public and burned our flags and poppies...... i would have thrown everyone single one of them bastards onto the nearest plane !!! :mad:

Sending you lots of luck with your move to Oz :cute:

You'll never find a true brit burning the Australian or New Zealand flag, we are their friends.

I'm still trying to get into Australia. Clean record, clean bill of health, hard worker, grafter, but it's not happening for me. It's bloody hard just to get that break. I sometimes get the feeling that it isn't the same as trying to get into the UK.

Can you not find an employer to sponsor you? If you find a job i would of thought it is pretty straightforward to get in?

Thats the thing with the Brits moving around the world, until they speak, most of the time you dont know where they're from

They don't go in and try and change things, at least not in Oz, thats why the article is mis-leading

Australia is, for me, like the USA, they wont take any s*** from anyone about their Country - you either fit in or you **** off!

I do agree with that sentiment. Regardless of the ethnicity of a migrant, if they are not comfortable with the lifestyle and culture of the host country then they are in the wrong place.

Apart from the ones that don’t speak English and therefore can’t fit into the community, I would probably agree with that

The Polish were I live are quite hostile towards the locals. I work with Polish people who believe that the UK and Ireland are getting the least educated people that Poland has to offer. One colleague told me that all the people he knows who moved to the UK barely finished primary school.

I would also blame immigrant rights groups who are funded by the taxpayer for letting thöse people believe that they have the upper hand over the locals. Most whom I have met locally are pretty poor ambassadors for Poland. If I were not working with some great guys from Poland who are well educated and reside in Poland, I would take a pretty dim view of them based on the ingrates who live locally to me.

Governments should tell immigrants to hold themselves to a high standard, not put them into a special protected category.

Im not on about if the place is good or bad, the point is, go to any suburb in Perth and you KNOW you are in Oz

Go to the middle of Luton and you get the impression that your in Islamabad

Far more Asians in oz per percentage of the population...dont like them in your end then.

They all speak English and are bloody good workers.

That's a sweeping statement. No they do not all speak English and give a Polish worker internet access in the workplace to see how productivity can plummet to zero. "Good Worker" is a codeword for a cheap worker.

That's a sweeping statement. No they do not all speak English and give a Polish worker internet access in the workplace to see how productivity can plummet to zero. "Good Worker" is a codeword for a cheap worker.

Wow...don't like immagrants hey...remember you are an immagrant wen you go to oz, and a lot of Aussies feel the same way towards you as you do towards the polish

Wow...don't like immagrants hey...remember you are an immagrant wen you go to oz, and a lot of Aussies feel the same way towards you as you do towards the polish

I do not have ill feeling towards Polish. I am merely commenting from experience in a UK office. The Polish I have worked with offshore are mostly great guys.

I never said that I don't like IMMIGRANTS. Where did I state that? I am well aware of my responsibilities towards Aussies when I get there regarding integrating, working hard and paying my taxes. I can't help how lots of Aussies would feel about my being an immigrant. They are certainly entitled to have their own thoughts on that without my labelling it as some sort of thought crime.

You did not quote about Polish people being hostile towards locals. They seem to form gangs were I live and intimidate anyone who will put up with it. This is what happens were I live. I would prefer if it were not like that. If I behaved like that in Oz, I could only blame any resentment on myself.

As for the internet in the office, try it and see.

Edited by fmck

They all speak English and are bloody good workers.

You have come out with some bollox on here but even you cant for one minute believe this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6172805.stm

A Home Office funded community centre has translated documents and services into 76 languages, with Polish and Portuguese among the most commonly requested.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055733/Cost-translation--25-million-year-paid-interpreters-crown-court.html

The data shows Polish, Lithuanian and Romanian are the the three most commonly requested languages at crown court.

You have come out with some bollox on here but even you cant for one minute believe this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6172805.stm

A Home Office funded community centre has translated documents and services into 76 languages, with Polish and Portuguese among the most commonly requested.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055733/Cost-translation--25-million-year-paid-interpreters-crown-court.html

The data shows Polish, Lithuanian and Romanian are the the three most commonly requested languages at crown court.

Don't let reality get in the way of NGO propaganda.

"You did not quote about Polish people being hostile towards locals. They seem to form gangs were I live and intimidate anyone who will put up with it. This is what happens were I live. I would prefer if it were not like that. If I behaved like that in Oz, I could only blame any resentment on myself."

So what has the Aussie barman at Mindarie got to complain about? The Brits are not forming gangs or living in ghettos. Just because he claims not to understand what they are saying tells me he has got a low IQ. The British inhabitants of Mindarie are the most similar people to Australians in the country. Australia is heading down the same road that the UK went with the assylum seekers and immigrants who wont integrate. There are ghettos in Sydney and Melbourne and the call for sharia law has started.

They only drag up the old chestnut about the "Poms" because its all they can do.

"You did not quote about Polish people being hostile towards locals. They seem to form gangs were I live and intimidate anyone who will put up with it. This is what happens were I live. I would prefer if it were not like that. If I behaved like that in Oz, I could only blame any resentment on myself."

So what has the Aussie barman at Mindarie got to complain about? The Brits are not forming gangs or living in ghettos. Just because he claims not to understand what they are saying tells me he has got a low IQ. The British inhabitants of Mindarie are the most similar people to Australians in the country. Australia is heading down the same road that the UK went with the assylum seekers and immigrants who wont integrate. There are ghettos in Sydney and Melbourne and the call for sharia law has started.

They only drag up the old chestnut about the "Poms" because its all they can do.

I read this article and the aussie barman was not complaining at all, he was saying he was pleased to have Brits working with him to help him out if he could not understand someone what is wrong with that. We have lived here over thirty years and my oh gets asked to repeat at times, does it upset him, no, not at all. Same with anyone who has a different accent.

As for Polish people again we cannot tar everyone with the same brush. We had our Foxtel fixed by a Polish guy this week and he was very nice, we have needed a new satellite dish for years and he came back a couple of days later and replaced it. Very pleased. Expect he had migrated from UK, in fact he was having a laugh about Polish people in the UK

Found this bit interesting.

The number of Indian residents jumped from 14,096 to 29,918 and the number of Chinese to make their home here doubled from 8001 to 16,691.

There was an even bigger jump in migrants from the Philippines, from 6866 to 17,230.

Indeed change is at long last coming to Perth. The traditional Brit, RSA, NZ retreat has opened its doors a bit wider. The next census in 2016 should be very interesting.

Im not on about if the place is good or bad, the point is, go to any suburb in Perth and you KNOW you are in Oz

Go to the middle of Luton and you get the impression that your in Islamabad

Actually becoming far less true. Check out Mirrabooka especially but also surrondings burbs and a good number of the folk about are African or Middle Eastern.....Hardly what made have once been considered a typical Perth suburb profile.

Edited by flag of convenience

ALEX Bowen says he's the "odd man out". An Australian in his own country, he shouldn't feel he's part of a minority. But he does.

Petals you wrote:- "I read this article and the aussie barman was not complaining at all" After reading what Alex Bowen said, quoted above, I still think he is complaining

"We have lived here over thirty years and my oh gets asked to repeat at times, does it upset him, no, not at all. Same with anyone who has a different accent"

Whats that got to do with it? Its the barman who is complaining. Not the customers.