Medicals refered for more than 30 days ets connect

megawatts

Forum members are only allowed to view it, at the moment editing access rights are limited to me, editing rights will be granted if any member would like to share responsibility on behalf of this forum...

i will try my level best to incorporate all the details of new members/ updates from existing members and to obtain information from any other forums as well, to add as much detail as i can, so it will be ease of our other members to predict or check the current trend lines of MO at HOC.

Hi Pumpkinhead! I can´t access and put my info on the spreadsheet. Can you help me?

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a silly question, but does anyone know what happens when your medicals are referred? What do global health do? Do they look at your case and decide whether to pass as ok or whether to request further information / tests? Thanks Clare x

GH will look into the referred medicals, if there is nothing serious then meds will be finalised

or if GH has doubt on any health condition they may ask for additional tests. Need not to worry, most of the healthy people meds are also being referred these days. Also note there is backlog in meds processing it may take 6+ weeks for finalization from meds referred date.

Edited by saadbakhtyar

Ok!! Nice! I will be updating at this thread any news I have. Best luck to all the July-referred-gang!!

Hi Pablo, My daughter got referred also on 9th july, there seems to be quite a few of us that got referred on this date and still waiting!!!!! I am getting really annoyed now, I emailed my agent and she said she would contact DIAC and be in touch but no news. Going to email her again,its friday tonight. :arghh:

Guyz, goodnews:

[TABLE=width: 799]

[TR]

[TD]User Nick[/TD]

[TD]Visa

Type[/TD]

[TD]Referred

Since[/TD]

[TD]Finalized

On[/TD]

[TD]Finalization

Days[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]abotelho83[/TD]

[TD]176[/TD]

[TD]3-Jul-2012[/TD]

[TD]23-Aug-2012[/TD]

[TD]51 Days taken[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

applicant country: Brazil..

Edited by Pumpkinhead

Hi, we had our meds done 10 days ago now, one of the family has had theirs referred, no previous history, physically very fit (prob one of the fittest people i know), this is obviously concerning us greatly. Panel doctor said everything looked fine and we know the xray was graded A, def not HIV positive , BMI 21, B/P 127/80 just wondering why it has been referred. do we have to wait the 6 weeks or do they have a duty of care to inform us as to why it has been referred and if so who do we contact to ask that question (the panel doctor has no idea why it has been referred). Thanks for your time x

Hi, we had our meds done 10 days ago now, one of the family has had theirs referred, no previous history, physically very fit (prob one of the fittest people i know), this is obviously concerning us greatly. Panel doctor said everything looked fine and we know the xray was graded A, def not HIV positive , BMI 21, B/P 127/80 just wondering why it has been referred. do we have to wait the 6 weeks or do they have a duty of care to inform us as to why it has been referred and if so who do we contact to ask that question (the panel doctor has no idea why it has been referred). Thanks for your time x

Well Global Health (the department which processes Australian visa medicals) will not tell you the reason for meds being referred. No need to chase Global Health or panel doctor or Case officer, wait and see for few weeks 5 to 6 weeks. If no progress then you may contact GH or CO.

As your panel doctor said everything is fine, so, there is nothing serious to worry about.

Edited by saadbakhtyar

hmmm you should do that now, try to drop two emails...one to HOC enquiring about the status of medicals referred...and second to CO inform asking him/her about the massive delay in clearing ur application..try to gather some details..sort of how important it is to finalized now...

Well I finally decided to email Health operations today to see if there is any progress on our application. It's really getting us both down at the moment as we feel our lives are on hold while we cannot make any plans for the future either way!

Thisvis so frustrating.

Frogster

Forum members are only allowed to view it, at the moment editing access rights are limited to me, editing rights will be granted if any member would like to share responsibility on behalf of this forum...

i will try my level best to incorporate all the details of new members/ updates from existing members and to obtain information from any other forums as well, to add as much detail as i can, so it will be ease of our other members to predict or check the current trend lines of MO at HOC.

Pumpkinhead, Where is my timeline in "Medicals referred timelines" excel sheet ??? Please add it

Edited by itskamran

Hiya,

My hubby was referred - like you said, he is the fittest of them all. However, he answered yes to one of the questions, as he had a cyst removed under general about 20 years ago. Apparently, according to our panel doctor, any yes answers are automatically referred. Doesn't mean there is a problem, but they just need to "sign you off". I think the issue at the minute is purely a backlog, which I assume is a result of the 1st July rush - it was starting to show when mine went through in early June. Good luck everyone. X

still nothing... and still no word about my singapore police checks either... im quite concerned about this already

Jaycris, have you receive any feedback from CO? your medicals are referred since 24 Jul 2012, however the last week trend is:

[TABLE=width: 799]

[TR]

[TD=align: left]User Nick[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Visa

Type[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Referred

Since[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Finalized

On[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Finalization

Days[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Grant

Date[/TD]

[TD=align: left]Location[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]abotelho83[/TD]

[TD]176[/TD]

[TD]3-Jul-2012[/TD]

[TD]23-Aug-2012[/TD]

[TD]51 Days taken[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Brazil[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ThistleandThorns[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]9-Jul-2012[/TD]

[TD]21-Aug-2012[/TD]

[TD]43 Days taken[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FOXPRESIDENT[/TD]

[TD]WHV[/TD]

[TD]11-Jul-2012[/TD]

[TD]20-Aug-2012[/TD]

[TD]40 Days taken[/TD]

[TD]20-Aug-2012[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Beho[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]4-Jul-2012[/TD]

[TD]17-Aug-2012[/TD]

[TD]44 Days taken[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]egypt[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest ladyinwaiting

I have good news. my meds have finally been finalized!!!

I applied for a 457 visa and had medicals done on the 9th of July. Uploaded on the 13th of July by panel doctor. referred on the 25th of July. Must say I was quite disappointed with my CO...

I tried emailing HOC but no reply there either. Finally couldn't take it anymore and called GH. Got thru at noon EST. The lady who answered the phone was very friendly and she said she would get someone to take a look at my meds. 2hours later they were finalised. Not sure if she fast tracked me coz my job started 2 weeks ago or coz I was ready to cry? (...sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do...) ;)

Seriously though, I am just so grateful and relieved and really praise the Lord. The waiting is horrible esp when nothing seems to be moving. For those of you who have waited 6 weeks or more I would advise you to call. The lady I spoke to was very kind.

This thread has also been very helpful and I would like to thank all of you for the advice and support.

I applied for a 457 visa and had medicals done on the 9th of July. Uploaded on the 13th of July by panel doctor. referred on the 25th of July. Must say I was quite disappointed with my CO...

I tried emailing HOC but no reply there either. Finally couldn't take it anymore and called GH. Got thru at noon EST. The lady who answered the phone was very friendly and she said she would get someone to take a look at my meds. 2hours later they were finalised. Not sure if she fast tracked me coz my job started 2 weeks ago or coz I was ready to cry? (...sometimes a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do...) ;)

Seriously though, I am just so grateful and relieved and really praise the Lord. The waiting is horrible esp when nothing seems to be moving. For those of you who have waited 6 weeks or more I would advise you to call. The lady I spoke to was very kind.

This thread has also been very helpful and I would like to thank all of you for the advice and support.

Congragulations....wats best time to call

Congratulationssss lady!!!! excellent tip for the females...:jiggy:

Edited by Pumpkinhead

Guest jaycris

I called GH up earlier and they told me that they're already processing those referred a few days before mine... maybe mine would be finalised in a week or so

It's so frustrating! I've tried calling but I just get a recorded message. I've tried emailing and I've had no response after 5 days. And I'm healthy! I don't even know why I got referred! (july 9th, still waiting...)

Hi Sarah, just wondering, what's the email address for Global Health? Have you heard anything from them yet?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!.. THIS CALLS FOR A CELEBRATION:wink:

Hiya,

My hubby was referred - like you said, he is the fittest of them all. However, he answered yes to one of the questions, as he had a cyst removed under general about 20 years ago. Apparently, according to our panel doctor, any yes answers are automatically referred. Doesn't mean there is a problem, but they just need to "sign you off". I think the issue at the minute is purely a backlog, which I assume is a result of the 1st July rush - it was starting to show when mine went through in early June. Good luck everyone. X

Hiya Smithinoz

Thanks for posting this information; it has put my mind at rest a bit. It’s so frustrating just waiting, we are starting to worry a bit, but I’ll try to relax now I’ve read your post :)

Good luck with you move soon xx