Medicals refered for more than 30 days ets connect

megawatts

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ladyinwaiting

I have applied for a 457 visa for a job which started 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for referred medicals to be finalised.:swoon:

medicals received 15/7/12-

medicals referred 25/7/12

current status- the waiting game

"suffering builds character"......right..???

I have applied for a 457 visa for a job which started 2 weeks ago. Still waiting for referred medicals to be finalised.:swoon:

medicals received 15/7/12-

medicals referred 25/7/12

current status- the waiting game

"suffering builds character"......right..???

Hi ladyinwaiting,

First of all we welcome you in this thread. As per my understanding in your post, if i may assume that you are already been accepted for the job, pending your medicals? If yes then, that maybe a good reason to tell your CO or GH to somehow prioritize the assessment of your health requirments.. Just my thoughts anyway there is no harm in trying. goodluck!!!!

Edited by megawatts

Guest ladyinwaiting

Thanks megawatts!

I have contacted my CO 3x times already. Last email from her she "politely" told me to stop sending in queries so that she could get on with her work.... I dont think it's in her hands anyway. I am very tempted to call the MOC sometime next week. I tried email but no reply. What do you think?

In the mean time I check this website as often as I check my email. It really does help to know others are in the same boat as me. Thanks so much for getting this started megawatts!

Thanks megawatts!

I have contacted my CO 3x times already. Last email from her she "politely" told me to stop sending in queries so that she could get on with her work.... I dont think it's in her hands anyway. I am very tempted to call the MOC sometime next week. I tried email but no reply. What do you think?

In the mean time I check this website as often as I check my email. It really does help to know others are in the same boat as me. Thanks so much for getting this started megawatts!

They never responded to my emails, but I was able to speak to someone when I called (the best time to call seems to be around 2-3pm Sydney time). The people at Global Health are very friendly, but all they will be able to tell you is what the current processing date is (which always seems to be a date they randomly pull out of the air) and that yours will be coming up "soon".

Hi everyone,

Not been on for a while as been on hols but my son's medicals were finalised on 9th August, after being referred on 27th July. We got out visa grant on 14th August. I didn't do any chasing really, only emailed CO to ask if she could tell me why he was referred but she couldn't so emailed HOC to ask them, I didn't get any response until the day his got finalised and even then they didn't give me the reason for the referral so I'm still non the wiser but hey ho!

Hope everyone gets theirs through soon.

Ali

Hi everyone,

Not been on for a while as been on hols but my son's medicals were finalised on 9th August, after being referred on 27th July. We got out visa grant on 14th August. I didn't do any chasing really, only emailed CO to ask if she could tell me why he was referred but she couldn't so emailed HOC to ask them, I didn't get any response until the day his got finalised and even then they didn't give me the reason for the referral so I'm still non the wiser but hey ho!

Hope everyone gets theirs through soon.

Ali

CONGRATULATIONS ALI!!!:ssign19:

Thanks megawatts!

Your welcome.. I think you can call GH so you could just more or less know which ground you are standing now. Just prepare your TRN, birthdate and maybe passport number.. Also just a piece of advise in calling the GH, maybe you can also prepare a piece of note on everything you want to ask them so not to miss a thing, remember its quiet difficult in reaching them so it would be wise to make the most out of it... Best of luck

hi megawatts, im looking for ur help..i have maintained medical finalization timelines in excel file, there are more than 50 users in sheet now, information is gathered from this and other forums too, now can you plz PM me ur email address and try to upload it as shared document so everyone can view it or few can administer it..

Hi guys,

Any goodnews yet?

Just me around getting the HOC answerphone 2 times now... an hour ago and 22 min ago... I'll try again in about 38 min...

woke up at 4:48 am and couldn't go to sleep any more despite the barbeque/beer party yesterday....

habe been referred since stone age...37 days now...

come on moc of the hoc, let me sleep again...

Hello all,

I have been following this thread for a couple of weeks now and thought I would put my penny into the discussion as my medicals were finalised this morning! (Grant imminent - fingers crossed!) I am on a 176 visa and my medicals were referred on the 23rd July. It has been a very long and agonising wait but this forum has helped lots. There doesn't seem to be any order in which referrals are finalised I don't think, although I believe contacting HOC does potentially help as I emailed them on Friday and received a response on Saturday saying that they should be finalised the beginning of this week! They were actually telling the truth!!!

Good luck for everybody still waiting!! I'm sure everybody's will be finalised soon.

Anna :)

Well, no movement this morning for us...

The OH was referred on the 9th of July 6 weeks today... Its actually starting to drive us up the wall... I dont get that there no queuing system, its looks like its a case of grab the one off the top...

How long as everyone been waiting... Like i say we have been waiting since the 9th of July...

Exact same case here, completion of 6th week, i dont know how much we have to wait more...

The OH was referred on the 9th of July 6 weeks today... Its actually starting to drive us up the wall... I dont get that there no queuing system, its looks like its a case of grab the one off the top...

How long as everyone been waiting... Like i say we have been waiting since the 9th of July...

Hiya, my daughters medical got referred on 9th july too and we are also still waiting. My agent emailed me this morning and said it is still in a queue, she has emailed DIAC to see what is happening so will let you know what she says. We are so impatient now, its like looking for gold at the end of a rainbow. I am going to say a prayer tonight.

louise

I have only been waiting since I was referred on 6th Aug, but worrying that you and others are now at the 6 weeks.

Does anyone know if the 12 months to activate the Visa, when granted, is from the date you had your medical or the date the medicals are completed (after being referred)? Could make a big difference as it may be up to 2 months between these dates.

Cheers

Hi waynel,

was going to do the same as you last friday, just to see if I could get things moving.

'Magawatts' kindly supplied email address E mail : Health.Operations.Centre@immi.gov.au

But 'EMhinds' pointed out it is only annoying the co's to hear back from gh about enquiries on the file!

I chickened out! let me know what you decided to do

Hiya, my daughters medical got referred on 9th july too and we are also still waiting. My agent emailed me this morning and said it is still in a queue, she has emailed DIAC to see what is happening so will let you know what she says. We are so impatient now, its like looking for gold at the end of a rainbow. I am going to say a prayer tonight.

louise

please remember us all in prayer...God bless you..

Cammy as per my understanding the visa is linked to expiry of Medicals, one have to activate it prior to expiry of visa (which will be requiring you to land in australia prior to XYZ date and that date will be before expiry of your medicals) and i dont think therez any 12 months activation (im referring to those cases where medicals are frontloaded)

I have only been waiting since I was referred on 6th Aug, but worrying that you and others are now at the 6 weeks.

Does anyone know if the 12 months to activate the Visa, when granted, is from the date you had your medical or the date the medicals are completed (after being referred)? Could make a big difference as it may be up to 2 months between these dates.

Cheers

Cheers

Hi,

The 12 months date is from the date of your PCC's or medicals whichever is the earliest - so for example my PCC's were dated 19th July, meds done on 21st and finalised on 28th but the 12 month date on our visa is 19th July 2013.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to say too, put a quick post on last week when we found out we had our visa but we were on hols so didn't have much time to post. A really big thanks to everyone on here for the help / support. I don't post often but I read all the time and it really is a great site.

Good luck and fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

Ali

well no change for me, my son has been referred since 8th June, have lost count as to how longs its been now. His status still says 'further meds received'. I did email GH and case officer last week but not got a response yet :no: really sick of it all now. We can't book or arrange anything as want to know we have the visa before we make any definite plans. Just feel everything is on hold for now, its getting us down and we are getting angry with the whole situation. As stated in one of my previous posts, they did ask for even more information and I've queried if its necessary. Would be nice to be told either way as its not going to be cheap and I'd rather not put my son through yet another assessment if its not required. No one seems to have an answer and when I phone I'm just told to wait for their email reponse :arghh: ah well, we will just have to continue to wait and wait and wait..........