Black Caviar Arrives in UK

Lambethlad

Attention UK punters! Oz horse Black Caviar has arrived safely in UK after a 24 hour flight on a cargo plane. She will attempt a record 22nd win in a row to remain unbeaten. She is running in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Ascot on June 23. Hopefully British Bookies will disregard her Australian form and offer some tasty odds. She has never been touched with the whip and has been held on a tight reign in all her races. However her trainer has stipulated that if she doesn't fully recover from the flight (apparently they lose 20-25kg) or adjust to her new environment she will not run. Odds of 6-1 are being offered for her to win by more than 5 lengths - so it is worth a flutter.

Guest Ptp113

As the servant of a reasonably expensive horse may I offer an insight to how she may go in blighty? Some horses handle travel reasonably well, some it destroys their racing career permanently. I'm not sure, along with a few others I've listen to, that they are giving BC enough time to settle before Ascot. Let's hope we are wrong.

As the servant of a reasonably expensive horse may I offer an insight to how she may go in blighty? Some horses handle travel reasonably well, some it destroys their racing career permanently. I'm not sure, along with a few others I've listen to, that they are giving BC enough time to settle before Ascot. Let's hope we are wrong.

I think her trainer would know, he is used to her and as it says in the OP, she will not race if they dont feel she has recovered from the flight..

Cal x

Also, will she compete against Frankel?

No, £1m was put up for the 2 of them to race but BC connections turned it down, partly because the race was going to be 1/4 mile further than normal for BC and partly because the race was penciled in for August and they want to get BC back to Oz and through quarantine and back in shape for the Oz Spring racing program

But mainly because the predictions were BC would lose, which would wipe millions off her estimated value. That race, whilst amazing (could have been the first horse riding PPV) would have cost the loser far more than 1m so not worth the risk. Same reason Arkle never raced flyingbolt.....

Guest Ptp113

Half the opposition that were meant to race withdrew, bit scared. The world's top rated racehorse this year intimidates a tad

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scrumpy
Black Caviar

Would he win against Frankel?? my money on Frankel, but two outstanding fabulous horses that come along once (or twice!) in a blue moon

Who would against Frankel?? my money on Frankel, but two outstanding fabulous horses that come along once (or twice!) in a blue moon

Lol - I don't know anything about horses and racing I just happened to come across the thread while the news was on and they were talking about Black Caviar winning its race.

That was a close race and emotional as well, she is something special......

Would like to see BC v Frankel, but in Oz, flat track in good conditions, think the ground took a bit out of her today, she could go 6 or 7 seconds faster than that

Don't forget Frankel and BC are two very different racers, it'd be like putting a 100m sprinter against an 800m runner - it just wouldn't be a fair comparison.

She didn't seem to be racing to her full stretch - and that's backed up by info from her jockey. Can't help but wonder what she'd have done if he'd let her have her head :)

Archived