Are you a cat or a dog person?

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest Shell15

sorry shoes, I hope I haven't made it worst ? I couldn't help but comment on him, he is so gorgeous. You have all the memories of him as well. I would be the same.. big hugs xx

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry shoes, I hope I haven't made it worst ? I couldn't help but comment on him, he is so gorgeous. You have all the memories of him as well. I would be the same.. big hugs xx

No need to apologise, I like talking about him, he is still a huge part of our family unit, and to be honest I think it helps me to talk about him, I just wonder sometimes what the little one must be going through, she must really miss him.

would you consider getting another? x

Might do, but it is a bit difficult getting a rental with dog´s, I think eventually we will, but we are still a bit raw, and I don´t think it would be fair to his memory to replace him so soon, if that makes sense. x x

Guest Shell15

Yes it does, that's fair enough..I do forget about the rental thing! Hope it doesn't go against us with our little man..

Guest Shell15

Did you apply for you rental from the UK? If so what forms of references etc did you use to prove your a good tenant..we own our property over here and will be renting it out so was wondering if our estate agent could write something up for us? Be interested to hear what you did..

Guest Shell15

p.s. the dog picture thing is a good idea..once they seem him they would fall in love and not be able to say 'No'

All well and good and agree as it probably will help but my point is why should I have to keep spending money to stop other peoples cats? I've tried a few things but don't want to have to keep spending more. When you want to be in and out the house, also have a child who just lets himself into the garden etc, getting a soaking isn't the ideal lol.

You're right. It's a shame when the householder has the cost and hassle of providing a solution to a cat problem rather than the cat's owner. I was just posting it so that if anyone was tearing their hair out over a visiting Cat (or any other pest), they knew that there is a solution that works really well. Far better in my experience than powders.

Your child needn't get wet if you use one. The whole idea is that you control when you leave it turned on. This could be overnight, during mealtimes, when you're on holiday, when you go out. You don't leave it on all the time. Once it's got the cat once or twice, it won't come back. You put it away in case you ever need it in the future.

For a garden on two levels, perhaps you could put it on one level for a week, then move it to the other level.

Did you apply for you rental from the UK? If so what forms of references etc did you use to prove your a good tenant..we own our property over here and will be renting it out so was wondering if our estate agent could write something up for us? Be interested to hear what you did..

No we did it when we got here, we had previous land lord ref´s from Spain plus a couple of character references, showed pay slips and job contract, at the time it seemed like a palaver, the hardest thing was finding a place.

They never checked the references, they told us so, you will be fine, be a bit firm with them, but nice firm, they can be a bit difficult to deal with. I wouldn´t book anything over the internet a bit too daunting, particularly long term as so many properties are run down, I just went to a couple of agents and got to know them.

Your welcome, we have our first inspection next month, apparently they take photographs ..... House & Home here I come :laugh:

Just arm yourself with as much stuff as possible, to be honest I doubt that they will follow it up, but have it ready for them.

You will need 100 points ID ...... there are loads of threads on here about renting, should keep you busy.

The doggy-poo thing reminded me of an incident here back in the Spring - still very chilly mornings in the UK (actually still chilly mornings, but hey it's only mid-Summer, only to be expected)....

I live literally 300 yards - if that - from a lovely park where we go 'w-a-l-k-i-e-s' every day (I have to write that quietly & secretly as if guarding my pin-number at an ATM - you know how it is....) with little black bags in hand....

There are 5 doggie-bins at strategic points around the park, which is not huge....& one morning I threw the curtains back to see this little old fellow walking past my front gate with a little Westie - & as he goes past my gate he dropped his little parcel into the drain...

Of course when it rains (which is nearly all the time) everything in the water beneath floats ! Especially little bloated poop-bags !

So out I run & ask him (rather strongly) not to do it again & point out that there are 5 bins he's just passed in the park - tough if little Miss Fluffy didn't poop right underneath one - go back & deposit it in the appropriate place....

At that moment I realised I was still in my PJs & slippers he must have thought it was the mad woman from the east wing !

He's never done it again though - 'cos he KNOWS I'm there & I is A-WATCHIN ! :realmad:

Victoria Park1.jpg

Victoria Park1.jpg

Edited by Galahad

The dog pooh thing ....... I just don´t know how people can just stand there, watch their dog´s have a pooh and then walk off as if nothing has happened, I even feel guilty when ours has a wee, we must take out 3 little sandwich bags out with us on every walk and pick it up as soon as she has done it, and if we can´t find a bin I.e, public bin, not a neighbours bin, we bring it home and put it straight into our bin.

My FIL is alleged to have had an incident with one of his neighbours a long time ago, apparently she let her dog pooh in his garden, so he picked it up, and posted it to her :laugh: can´t say I approve but I can see the logic in it.

Guest guest66832
Today demonstrated a plus of cats over dogs. Chester looked out of the window at the weather and said 'Nah, I think I'll have a lie in'. Hamish looked out of the window and said 'Yeees, walkies!'. So we went out, thunder, lightning, torrential rain, soaking trousers, trainers, socks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14625[/ATTACH]

haha! I like Chester's style. I also like lie ins so another reason why I don't like dogs.

Guest Longtime Lurker

Dogs have more of a personality; mine, for instance, is sitting next to me on the sofa but currently ignoring me as we have only just got back from the groomers. I can see she is already planning on her next walk to find the biggest pile of fox **** to roll in.

I like the no responsibility of looking after anything ( not even a cactus) when the kids were little we had a dog and it was family thing. Now they are men I think I would have a cat if had to choose but actually enjoying the freedom of not even owning a cactus!

Cats for us, we only have the one 15 year old boy of 3 we got from the RSPCA back in 1997, he is amazingly loyal, greets us when we pull up in the car and always respects our space if we are not wanting a cuddle at the time he does !

He doesn't smell like dogs do..............I always know a "dog" house as soon as the door opens..........and then picking up their s**t from the path/park....no thanks !!

DOGS all the way. We have 2 cross breeds one a terrier type thing called (Baby) and the other a dachshund cross called (Sydney) and we did have another called Stella and she was a Bull Mastiff and BIG in size and hart (me and Stella are in my profile pic). sadly we had to have her put to sleep last November after she was suffering with hart disease and was struggling to breath, that broke all our harts and many tears... There our family and if you have ever had a dog you know that every one of them have a different personality and you treat them like a family member and best friend, We will be taking the our 2 dogs with us on the big move and would not even contemplate on leaving them behind (a lot of money dont get me wrong, But there worth it)... We are team "DOG"