176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Can i ask what may seem a silly question, do just myself and hubby need to get police checks? not our daughter whos just 4..Thanx

Hi, We have just posted off for our police checks. We have a daughter of 4 years old and so the answer to your question is no your daughter won't need it.

Best of luck

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was filing my 176 visa application today and I made the payment after which I was directed to a page where I need upload my documents but all of a sudden my internet connection went off and when it was back, I was not allowed to upload any further documents stating that my application was now already lodged.

Now, when i log in with my TRN number, I see the only few documents that I uploaded exist there but the problem now is that, I have not uploaded most of the documents, infact , for the dependents, i did not upload any documents at all.

Can anyone please let me know what i should do ???

Hi Ronkhu,

Just log back in and upload the rest of your documents. Make sure you save after each document you upload.

Should be fine however if the documents don't show as uploaded, do it again until list remains.

Best of luck.

Hi everyone

Just checking when you applied for your 176 did you upload original scanned docs? If so did you get them certified? I'm just a bit confused as it appears to say that docs need certifying but you only certify copies and some people are saying they've uploaded scanned originals.

Please help if you can!

Thanks, Ali

Hi everyone

Just checking when you applied for your 176 did you upload original scanned docs? If so did you get them certified? I'm just a bit confused as it appears to say that docs need certifying but you only certify copies and some people are saying they've uploaded scanned originals.

Please help if you can!

Thanks, Ali

As long as the documents are scanned in colour, they don't need to be certified.

Guest jennaire

Hi all, our visa was lodged 20/6.. delighted to be in before July 1st deadline! Huge relief.

Our agent gave us our TRN but advised us on not checking it too often as they will think it is her.. we haven't looked it up yet.

Confused on why she would say this.. Could anyone shed some light??

Guest Kimberlyusa
Hi all, our visa was lodged 20/6.. delighted to be in before July 1st deadline! Huge relief.

Our agent gave us our TRN but advised us on not checking it too often as they will think it is her.. we haven't looked it up yet.

Confused on why she would say this.. Could anyone shed some light??

That is a good question, can DIAC actually tell how often we check status? Hopefully someone will have the answer.

Guest fultonclan
That is a good question, can DIAC actually tell how often we check status? Hopefully someone will have the answer.

Oh no I hope not! I've been checking mine every morning lol! Don't want to seem desperate! :biglaugh:

My agent never said anything of the sort though xx

Oh no I hope not! I've been checking mine every morning lol! Don't want to seem desperate! :biglaugh:

My agent never said anything of the sort though xx

I have developed some kind of OCD behaviour when it comes to checking - surely they have better things to do rather than check to see how many times we have logged on ? I am glad I am not the only one checking. Surely they understand how interested and excited people are and lets face it we are all desperate to get there. Ali

Re form 80 does anyone know how do they check your employment and where we have been on holiday for the last 10 years, obviously my OH has a reference from work but I do not my employer has no idea that we have applied I would like it to stay that way until I hand my notice in as he is a total horror and would either sack me at worst or make my life a living hell at best until I left. Ali x

176 WA SS hairstylist lodged 13 th June, awaiting a CO to be appointed Police ckecks sent off, good luck everyone, Perth bound

Good to know sure we will all need a good hairstylist when we get there - that is one of my silly worries - who will do my hair I have had the same stylist for years !

What lodgement date are we up to for people having CO's? We lodged 13/6 just wondering how long we have to wait - it seems to have been a long 10 days !!

You'll find there is no clear system as to when COs are assigned. Very frustrating as some get theirs in days, others wait 4 weeks (like me), and others longer still! All's good in the end though. Let's hope you get yours quickly

Guest PBrady

Hi all,

Just checked my email and we have a CO:chatterbox:, absolutely delighted.. we have to submit form 80 for me and hubby..

So excited:biglaugh: things moving so much quicker than I thought they would.. We are on team 2!

Edited by PBrady

I don't think that's anything to worry about, even if they could see why would matter?!? I'm sure they're only too aware that this process sends people slightly mad!

Hi guys I just have a quick question. I have lodged my 176 visa on june 19th. Just want to ask should I wait for the case officer's email that I should take medicals and pccs? Or should I do it right now. Im just confused since when I read the rules on the paper application of 176 visa it states there do not take medicals or pccs until told so. However If you applied your visa online it states that you need to submit your police checks within 28 days of lodgement. Im confused now. So does this mean since I applied online I should do now my police checks and medicals? So far I havent heard any email from them right now.

Replies will be greatly appreciated thanks in advance! :confused:

Hi Paris, you are right to a certain extent. You don't really need a CO to tell you to do so, as long as the system states it is required through the online checking status. However as most of us are here; it is a cross-path between to speed matters up (getting the grant speed up) and monetary costing in doing such checks. Here is what you can do as per advised from my experience migration agent. As the CO are currently being assigned fast, you have the choice to wait slightly longer once lodged your application for the CO to confirm your need to do so, OR immediately book to do such once lodged. Note the validity period of the checks.

Once done the medical and PCC, all you need to do is to upload the original receipts to the CO and that shall be sufficient to show you have actually complied to the requirements.

Hope this helps.

Hi All, we have just lodged our visa and although I am currently in Aus on a 457 I cant wait to be a permanent resident!

No matter how well prepared I though I was there are still a couple of things I am outstanding, birth certificate having to be posted from UK (I thought that the passport would suffice DOH!!) and our passport photos, I may just scan the ones we have!

Well I uploaded all of the other documents that the checklist asked me for ..... when it comes to substantiate other areas not yet asked for such as employment references and relationship evidence etc, are you meant to (can you) upload now or wait until asked by the CO? Questions probably asked hundreds of times in the past!! Any feedback appreciated guys.

Good Luck everyone

JP

Hi, update from our end.

We've just had our meds at handsworth in Brum. Went fine for all of us except I have a stinking cold and therefore my bp was slightly raised but still just within 'normal'. Heigh ho,now just need to await the CO, should be any day soon now.

Not much to the meds really, the doc was really good and friendly with kids etc.

Someone somewhere is making some serious dosh charging £710 for our families meds though, always thought I was in the wrong profession, I should have worked harder at school!!

I would recommend handsworth though if you are looking to do meds in midlands, bit of a mare to find without sat nav if you don't know brum.

Fingers crossed it all goes through soon.

Edited by Andystiz

Hi, we uploaded all of our doc's ready, wage slips etc etc. So I don't think it will do any harm, if they want more they will ask.

Andy

Hi All, we have just lodged our visa and although I am currently in Aus on a 457 I cant wait to be a permanent resident!

No matter how well prepared I though I was there are still a couple of things I am outstanding, birth certificate having to be posted from UK (I thought that the passport would suffice DOH!!) and our passport photos, I may just scan the ones we have!

Well I uploaded all of the other documents that the checklist asked me for ..... when it comes to substantiate other areas not yet asked for such as employment references and relationship evidence etc, are you meant to (can you) upload now or wait until asked by the CO? Questions probably asked hundreds of times in the past!! Any feedback appreciated guys.

Good Luck everyone

JP

Hi, we uploaded all of our doc's ready, wage slips etc etc. So I don't think it will do any harm, if they want more they will ask.

Andy

Cheers Andy,

I will get cracking logging all the other documents today!

Ive got a uk police cert that is dated last September 2011. If I log that one now is it valid or do I need to get a fresh one? If not I only have to get Aussie one which is good!

Cheers

Hi all,

i ve lodged my 176 online on the 23rd of june. I have to upload everything on monday. I ve down loaded all medical info. I take it we dont have to do medicals and police clearance before the case officer gives you the go ahead ??

Cheers Andy,

I will get cracking logging all the other documents today!

Ive got a uk police cert that is dated last September 2011. If I log that one now is it valid or do I need to get a fresh one? If not I only have to get Aussie one which is good!

Cheers

Police certs are normally valid for 1 year, so if you were to submit the Sept 2011 cert, you only have 1 year from the last valid police cert or med checkup (whichever has the shorter expiry date) for the validation of the visa. So, if you got your grant next month for example, you will have to validate your visa before Sept 2012. I'd get a new police cert so that you can get a longer period to validate your visa!

Defo true about validation- however as you are currently in Aus I'm not sure how it works, maybe a telephone call to immi office just to check.

Police certs are normally valid for 1 year, so if you were to submit the Sept 2011 cert, you only have 1 year from the last valid police cert or med checkup (whichever has the shorter expiry date) for the validation of the visa. So, if you got your grant next month for example, you will have to validate your visa before Sept 2012. I'd get a new police cert so that you can get a longer period to validate your visa!