BREAKING: DIAC suspends accepting new visa applications ahead of SkillSelect launch

Dono

From news.com.au:

Last updated 01/04/2012 at 08:41

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship today announced that it is suspending acceptance of new applications ahead of the launch of its new SkillSelect programme on 1 July 2012. Departmental spokeswoman, Arlip Fosol, said that this was "to prevent a last minute flurry of applications reminiscent of the programme changes in the 2010/2011 years".

Arlip further stated that the suspension would allow her department to catch up on applications and some "well needed rest".

The department is expected to face criticism of suspending new applications a full three months ahead of the changes.

Now that you have had a heart attack, take a look at the date :) Happy April Fools day!

1. you owe me clean underwear!

2. and the next 2 years of my life which i have just lost via a small heart attack

3. the mrs isn't happy about the state of the chair i was sitting in! good job it was already brown!

I never think about april fools day and was most impressed for about 10 seconds by the 'firebox tentanic' joke. This is pure evil! I filled in 95% of the form YESTERDAY and it would have been just my luck had this been true!

genuis, but still evil genius!

Haha I'm also glad that everyone still has their sense of humor. It's my birthday on 1 April (yeah I know), so it's a requirement that I have to do a prank when I can. VERY glad it's not the case that they've suspended accepting new applications - I hope they don't actually.

Archived