How many of you would return to the UK ???

chrisrich 5

what I would love to know ,how many of you would return to the uk to live if you could buy a place in the country with no mortage ,with say two acres of land, in the county of your choice and with an income of 67 thousnd pounds ayear as your retirement income unless you felt the need to work to keep yourself occupied.

And if so what are the reasons you would want to return .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what I would love to know ,how many of you would return to the uk to live if you could buy a place in the country with no mortage ,with say two acres of land, in the county of your choice and with an income of 67 thousnd pounds ayear as your retirement income unless you felt the need to work to keep yourself occupied.

I wouldn't. If I won the lottery I would buy a place over there and go over more often to visit family but that would be it. I wouldn't take my children back there to live when they have a better life here.

Guest guest17301

Ooooooohhhhh much as I love Australia and our lives here, house on acreage in county of choice with a good income to boot would be hard to resist!

I think I would have to resist it though, like NB Id ideally like to spend time in both countries and Im not ready to say goodbye to my life here just yet!

It would take more than that for me to do it. Just don't feel safe there, don't want my kids there and have lived in the south but more so in the north its the same everywhere - I just do not want to be there anymore. I know there are rough places here, I know that there are problems here, but not to the extent the UK has sadly become :(

Guest Guest16631

..................after this week me.!......................maybe not forever but a terraced house in the middle of a thriving town.........a full time job............and only myself to think of...............!

Did you see that in the sky thats me flying over right now...dont let the door hit you in the proverbial bum...Id sign up for that but then id invite a few friends to live with me dont want to be on me todd...and Id volunteer to fill time and tend to me vege patch....hell I'd come and look after the land for board and lodgings I have a pension apparently if still if i live to get from Uncle Sam so me its about how to enjoy the time...daily weekly..not about accumulating just to be honest Im sure theres a few folks on here I might invite to stay...they seem to be good folks.

Guest AKA63029

I must admit Chris that 'IF' that was the scenario I would return, a few pigs, hens, even a small bull, a veggie patch and I would be happy.

Somewhere in the Essex/Herts borders, still got some great countryside IMO, BUT.

I would have to return to OZ occasionally to get my 'fix' of the flora and fauna.

Cheers Tony.

I must admit Chris that 'IF' that was the scenario I would return, a few pigs, hens, even a small bull, a veggie patch and I would be happy.

Somewhere in the Essex/Herts borders, still got some great countryside IMO, BUT.

I would have to return to OZ occasionally to get my 'fix' of the flora and fauna.

Cheers Tony.

Dont you dare steal my idea..throw in a few chickens though as well :biglaugh:

oh yes and wind turbine dont want to on the grid...get a few bob back from power greedy companies and

Guest guest57588

No disrespect to the fine country that Australia undoubtably is, but where do I sign and are we going business class?

Nope, very settled here thanks, despite having a DD still in UK, don't think I could bear the cold winters, Australia has softened me up LOL

I would however love to have a home in both places and enough money to travel back and forth as I pleased, first class of course:biglaugh:.

Pro's and con's for both countries I think, but Australia is now home.

what a beauiiful part of England you have choosen ,Would Burford suit you ,

I Stayed in a pub there called the Bull ,found out that Lord Nelson had stayed there after being told he could not stay at Blenheim palace buy the Duke of Malbrough because he had his mistress with him .

Guest littlesarah

If I had that amount of money I'd visit my family more often and pay for them to come here. But having a big house and a income to match wouldn't entice me to leave the life I have here.

what a beauiiful part of England you have choosen ,Would Burford suit you ,

I Stayed in a pub there called the Bull ,found out that Lord Nelson had stayed there after being told he could not stay at Blenheim palace buy the Duke of Malbrough because he had his mistress with him .

Are you talking to me? Somewhere in/around Cheltenham would do nicely thanks. Montpellier would fit the bill.

Guest guest57588
Absolutely no other way to go,only problem is you havent told me where you want to live .

Despite the problems the Uk has it is still a great Nation.

The area around Tunbridge Wells. An Oast House with a log fire next to a proper country pub that does great food. There'd need to be a village green too so Harpo and I could watch the cricket whilst sinking a few pints of 'Old Barley Mo' or 'Hobgoglin after sunday lunch' Perfick! :smile:

Guest guest57588
Are you talking to me? Somewhere in/around Cheltenham would do nicely thanks. Montpellier would fit the bill.

What part of Gloucs is that mate?. The mountainous, alpine part that I wasn't aware of?!!

Guest tonyrange

Well If I could I would go back tomorrow, this is something missing in Oz? Yes it's a very beautiful and prospect Country but without the English history for me it doesn't do it. The wife loves it but we have been here for nine months and thats enough for me! I would go back and live in Southsea love the place full of history and character. Going back for a visit at Xmas can't wait!!

Tony

cheltenham is a beautiful town ......very upmarket ............straight run for us a46 .....alcester .....evesham ...

Went to a stag do there once .......strangest place i have ever had a beer ......cheltenham on the friday night .....gloucester on the saturday night .

Gloucester was the worry ...........rugby town ......beer and sawdust ...........12 brummies on a stag do ........we had a great time though .........jumping jacks in gloucester .....budweiser £1 a bottle ...... no trouble ......great night

The night before was a different kettle of fish ........in posh old cheltenham:biglaugh:......it was like " deliverance " ......" they dont like strangers ":wink:

Archived