176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

Guest jamesandstephcole

I got my CO yesterday - or so I think! - it says 'further processing' and that an email has been sent, but I havent received any email, this has probably gone to my agent who is doing their usual 'do nothing until threatened' - ive sent a message to DIAC asking for the email to be sent to me directly, but this could take 5 days - I can only hope the email doesnt request too much

or have others experienced a delay between the point when it says an email has been sent, and the pont when you receive it

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got my CO yesterday - or so I think! - it says 'further processing' and that an email has been sent, but I havent received any email, this has probably gone to my agent who is doing their usual 'do nothing until threatened' - ive sent a message to DIAC asking for the email to be sent to me directly, but this could take 5 days - I can only hope the email doesnt request too much

or have others experienced a delay between the point when it says an email has been sent, and the pont when you receive it

hey email was sent to us yesterday too. our agent got it and forwarded it to us as well. I think you should chase the agent until he or she sends it across to you. the mail will definitely have reached your agent.

Guest jamesandstephcole

Cheers, - have chased as always, but will continue with it... once we get that CO email address I can cut them out

hey email was sent to us yesterday too. our agent got it and forwarded it to us as well. I think you should chase the agent until he or she sends it across to you. the mail will definitely have reached your agent.

Looks like your Meds will overshoot your CO allocation date. Ideally, you should have the grant by the end of the month. So should I, as we applied on the same day :)

Yes fingers crossed. Will be great to book the flights to Perth for us and the dogs. We're hoping for the end of June.

Guest jamesandstephcole

My Agent has confirmed that they have received an email, but it is not asking for anything particular, just confirming additional processing is ongoing, so no need to forward to us... oh and we are on holiday until the 13th so will look at it then!

Typical response!

Did your email state anything else which we might need to know?

Provide as many bank statements and returns that you have filed and provide an explanation for the gaps. IF there are any other documents that you have as evidence of employment which can address the gap periods provide that as well. these could be certificates of appreciation or letters from client or managers. any increment or promotion letters et al. If you have not provided all of these...make sure that you do now

I had already provided them with salary slips, experience certificates and salary certificates signed and stamped by the respective employers. I will be providing them with all the tax returns i have that is for last 4 years. As I used to receive my salary mostly in cash i can provide bank statements only for 2 years though i have written an explanation about my inability to provide further bank statements. Hope it works, what you guys think?

My Agent has confirmed that they have received an email, but it is not asking for anything particular, just confirming additional processing is ongoing, so no need to forward to us... oh and we are on holiday until the 13th so will look at it then!

Typical response!

Did your email state anything else which we might need to know?

Our email had three attachments. first was a letter from the case officer which said that the application has been taken up for processing and detailing the next steps including how to send documents etc. the second attachment was a description of the client service charter and providing feedback et al and the third attachment was a list with request for specific information which in our case is the PCC. you should have asked them to forward the email nevertheless

Visa: 176 VIC

ACS: 13/09/2011 - 04/10/2011

IELTS: 04/11/2011

SS Vic: 23/11/2011 - 17/01/2012

Application: 07/02/2012

ABPF/CO: 21/02/2012

Last Document Sent: 30/03/2012

GL: 04/04/2012

Birth certificate or other evidence of age

Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data)

IELTS English Test Report Results

Evidence of overseas qualifications

Evidence of skills assessment

Form 80 - Personal particulars for character assessment

Marriage certificate

Military Discharge Certificate

Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates

Passport photo

Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray

Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa

Evidence of State/Territory government agency or Regional Certifying Body nomination

I had already provided them with salary slips, experience certificates and salary certificates signed and stamped by the respective employers. I will be providing them with all the tax returns i have that is for last 4 years. As I used to receive my salary mostly in cash i can provide bank statements only for 2 years though i have written an explanation about my inability to provide further bank statements. Hope it works, what you guys think?

It should be OK. If they are still not satisfied then they can do a quick verification call to your employer and that should set thing straight. Wishing you a speedy grant.

Edited by toOZ2012

It should be OK. If they are still not satisfied then they can do a quick verification call to your employer and that should set thing straight. Wishing you a speedy grant.

I'm hoping the same coz salary being paid in cash is no reason to not to count my experience and good thing is I'm still on good terms with my previous employers and they won't have any objection even if DIAC decides to give them verification call.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

My medical now says finalised although the individual bits still say referred and the checklist medical bit still says received. I'm assuming that means that HOC have finalised the medical but the CO needs to see that and update the form. Looks the grant may be imminent but I'm guessing Oz have a long weekend like us which will mean nothing will happen now until middle of next week. Progress at least!

OMG We got it!!!!! Just got the email through :-)

Quick question - if it doesn't say otherwise can my OH travel before my son and I? I'm the main applicant.

Can't quite believe it!!!

Congratulations!!! So that makes you the first March applicant in this thread to get the grant. On your question, not sure if he can even if it is not mentioned, best write to the CO and check with them.

Congratulations once again and all the best!! hope to catch up in Perth soon!

Quick question - if it doesn't say otherwise can my OH travel before my son and I? I'm the main applicant.

That's great news!!! Total processing time < 1 month, Excellent!

Unless your visa has some condition that explicitly states that, your family can enter Australia in any order you wish.

I think the visa condition number is 8052 or 8502 and very few people seem to have got that.

All the best with your new life in OZ. Cheers.

So that makes you the first March applicant in this thread to get the grant.

The first one is Kilty :)

Next grants to follow (in no specific order): SeeUlater, ToniA, RC5, fabregas, Nishi, jamestepcole and of course you :)

Up for CO allocations: leanie, myself, jasperyogi, indikaya, georgiajoe and Kimanda, a bit late to the party B-)

Hope everyone's dream comes true by early to mid-May. Maybe later, we can meet up for drinks and a skydive :laugh:

Good luck everyone!

Next grants to follow (in no specific order): SeeUlater, ToniA, RC5, fabregas, Nishi, jamestepcole and of course you :)

Up for CO allocations: leanie, myself, jasperyogi, indikaya, georgiajoe and Kimanda, a bit late to the party B-)

Hope everyone's dream comes true by early to mid-May. Maybe later, we can meet up for drinks and a skydive :laugh:

Good luck everyone!

Man you really are keeping track aren't you!! but thank you for setting that straight. I like the idea of meeting up!

Good luck everyone!

Oi! That's thru no fault of mine lol I'm organised up to my ears but OH is total opposite :P

Oi! That's thru no fault of mine lol I'm organised up to my ears but OH is total opposite :P

Haha. I am that way too, if it wasn't for a friend who pushed me to get started already, I would still still be prepaaaaaring docs for skills assessment lol

have to now start researching other stuff seriously like places to live, job hunt et al...probably jumping the gun but need to take the edge off of the excitement of being so close to grant!

i think its a good idea to get started on that - im ridiculously enthusiastic about getting started on this as well but i am under no illusion that this may be extremely STRESSFUL!

looking at securing our first rental in Oz, we'd need:

Verification of employment & Income

References from employers/landlords

Recent Utility Bills

Evidence showing we have enough money to get us by

Compiling this all now.

and if needs be, offer 3 months rent up front to 'sweeten the deal'.

jobs - hoping to keep the one I have here but it may affect me negatively because of exchange rates. OH is going to try and nab a job after AHPRA registration. Will start that after visa grant.

after touch down, may stay in a hostel whilst were looking for a rental, we want to fly over together

shipping a small amount of our belongings using air freight so it only takes 2 weeks to reach us

buying some household goods

le sigh...

i think its a good idea to get started on that - im ridiculously enthusiastic about getting started on this as well but i am under no illusion that this may be extremely STRESSFUL!

looking at securing our first rental in Oz, we'd need:

Verification of employment & Income

References from employers/landlords

Recent Utility Bills

Evidence showing we have enough money to get us by

Compiling this all now.

and if needs be, offer 3 months rent up front to 'sweeten the deal'.

jobs - hoping to keep the one I have here but it may affect me negatively because of exchange rates. OH is going to try and nab a job after AHPRA registration. Will start that after visa grant.

after touch down, may stay in a hostel whilst were looking for a rental, we want to fly over together

shipping a small amount of our belongings using air freight so it only takes 2 weeks to reach us

buying some household goods

le sigh...

Been staying in my own house all this while so dont have landlord references and I am not sure how effective would references from previous employers be if it wasnt in the same country. the only thing I can count on would be our bank statements.not sure if that would be enough but thats all we got so far.

I have started connecting with consultants in australia for jobs but so far its really slow. I guess they want to see evidence that the visa is granted and that we are going to be in Perth for sure before going ahead with any discussion.

le sigh is right!

Many congratulation ..:biggrin: that's wonderful news ...you have a great life ahead...