Not eligible to live in the UK indefinately..

calNgary

Guest AKA63029
That's a bit harsh

I quite like going there for the TT racing but I don't think I could live there. Too wet and cold. And looks like it will be mighty crowded too :-(

:laugh:

I know the Isle Of Man fairly well pot, my ex father in law lives there, it's always fun watching the 'locals' trying to pin the tail on the cat.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I selected '8' too. According to this table, there are only 3 'bank' holidays ... I thought all Brits called a 'public' holiday a 'bank' holiday ???

Looking at the answers how can they say there are 4 bank holidays a year?? [TABLE=class: markuptable]

[TR=class: odd]

[TD]New Year's Day[/TD]

[TD]2 January*

[/TD]

[TD]1 January[/TD]

[TD]1 January[/TD]

[TD]1 January[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Good Friday[/TD]

[TD]6 April[/TD]

[TD]29 March[/TD]

[TD]18 April[/TD]

[TD]3 April[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Easter Monday[/TD]

[TD]9 April[/TD]

[TD]1 April[/TD]

[TD]21 April[/TD]

[TD]6 April[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Early May Bank Holiday[/TD]

[TD]7 May[/TD]

[TD]6 May[/TD]

[TD]5 May[/TD]

[TD]4 May[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Spring Bank Holiday[/TD]

[TD]4 June*[/TD]

[TD]27 May[/TD]

[TD]26 May[/TD]

[TD]25 May[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Queen's Diamond Jubilee[/TD]

[TD]5 June[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Summer Bank Holiday[/TD]

[TD]27 August[/TD]

[TD]26 August[/TD]

[TD]25 August[/TD]

[TD]31 August[/TD]

[/TR]

[TD]Christmas Day[/TD]

[TD]25 December[/TD]

[TD]25 December[/TD]

[TD]25 December[/TD]

[TD]25 December[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Boxing Day[/TD]

[TD]26 December[/TD]

[TD]26 December[/TD]

[TD]26 December[/TD]

[TD]28 December* Taken from Direct .Gov. I make that 9 or 8 as there is an extra one this year. I said 8 and got it wrong!!!!![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

2,500,000 daily mail readers, the 2nd most popular newspaper in Britain, so whats your point?

it was a retort to an earlier poster who had made up questions like who is the prime minister (Hamza vs Cameron).

my point is that people hear what they want to hear, the newspaper they read is part of that.

I never bothered with newspapers because:

1. waste of paper

2. lack of time

3. why read something that has it's own political agenda?

I got 46% so failed, but i fail to see what answering questions about pension age and the driving age for pensioners has got to do with whether people like myself who think that Britain is letting in and has let in to many foreigners, perhaps as you bought it up and you obviously think you are hilarious you would like to explain! :unsure:

[Typing Slowly for maximum clarity] Gee, I'm sorry that I was unclear. Let me explain why it is funny. Here you have "People" that think immigrants coming to the UK have it "Easy". What is so hilarious is that when these same "People" take the test (that any "Non EU Immigrant" that wants to remain in the UK has to take) they fail, so it cannot be so easy after all. The difference is that the "Immigrant" who is unable to pass the the test has to leave the UK while the "People" that fail stay in the UK and continue to moan about immigrants while planning their own Immigration to OZ. I hope you found this explanation helpful as I'm not sure how to make it any clearer.

Do you still think everyone on PIO is the same as Illegal immigrants, what a gaff that was.

Yes, let me explain why! An Illegal Immigrant wants to make the best life that they can for themselves and Standard PIO Legal Immigrant also wants to make the best life for themselves. So, in the civilized world, where most reasonable and intellectual people consider everyone to be created equal, it follows that PIO immigrants are the same as Illegal immigrants when it comes to who deserves to Immigrate or not!

Guest AKA63029

Can we try and get back to the OP please folks.

The tenure of some of the posts are beginning to drag this one off topic.

Cheers Tony.

[Typing Slowly for maximum clarity] Gee, I'm sorry that I was unclear. Let me explain why it is funny. Here you have "People" that think immigrants coming to the UK have it "Easy". What is so hilarious is that when these same "People" take the test (that any "Non EU Immigrant" that wants to remain in the UK has to take) they fail, so it cannot be so easy after all. The difference is that the "Immigrant" who is unable to pass the the test has to leave the UK while the "People" that fail stay in the UK and continue to moan about immigrants while planning their own Immigration to OZ. I hope you found this explanation helpful as I'm not sure how to make it any clearer.

Yes, let me explain why! An Illegal Immigrant wants to make the best life that they can for themselves and Standard PIO Legal Immigrant also wants to make the best life for themselves. So, in the civilized world, where most reasonable and intellectual people consider everyone to be created equal, it follows that PIO immigrants are the same as Illegal immigrants when it comes to who deserves to Immigrate or not!

You can type as slowly as you want, the letters come out the same! :unsure:

Again i fail to see how answering a few questions about pension ages and what % of people live in Scotland has anything to do with who gets let into the country and why i an allowed to stay here because i get them wrong, what a ridiculous argument.

Guest The Pom Queen
You can type as slowly as you want, the letters come out the same! :unsure:

Again i fail to see how answering a few questions about pension ages and what % of people live in Scotland has anything to do with who gets let into the country and why i an allowed to stay here because i get them wrong, what a ridiculous argument.

Cough Cough, didn't a mod ask that we get back on topic........ PLEASE

Cough Cough, didn't a mod ask that we get back on topic........ PLEASE

Look i am sorry but surly we are on topic, are we not allowed to discuss the issue at hand?

Guest The Pom Queen
Look i am sorry but surly we are on topic, are we not allowed to discuss the issue at hand?

As long as it's not getting personal and it's within the forum rule guidelines then yes sure :yes: However, some of the posts seem to be getting a little personal and we seem to be debating the member not the topic.

I selected '8' too. According to this table, there are only 3 'bank' holidays ... I thought all Brits called a 'public' holiday a 'bank' holiday ???

B***ers, that is mighty unfair and then put 8 as an option. Whole thing is pointless, all it ensures is that any new citizens have invested time, in the form of study, in becoming a citizen

Yes you can take the test in Scottish Gaelic or Welsh, but essentially it is a test to ensure your English is at a high enough standard to function in the UK

Actually because of his "South African" accent he was offered it in Afrikaans.

He laughed and queried it - and was told he could take the test in pretty much whatever language he wanted to.

I'm not even British and I got 22 correct

Yep, I got 22 also, though it probably has something to do with the fact that I helped some of my work colleagues study for the test when I was in the UK. Actually I am pretty impressed that I managed to remember as much as I did.

Archived