A Million or a Visa???

Candygirl

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't even have to think about it, I'd choose a million hands down every time. As much as I like Australia, the thought of having financial security for my family for a long period of time and having the money to visit a multitude of other fantastic countries around the world, there's no contest.

Guest The Pom Queen
Wouldn't even have to think about it, I'd choose a million hands down every time. As much as I like Australia, the thought of having financial security for my family for a long period of time and having the money to visit a multitude of other fantastic countries around the world, there's no contest.

:mad: A million wouldn't last long and I ain't leaving Oz :tongue: maybe for 5 million

Much as I love living in Aus, I'd sell my PR visa for a million (especially if it was pound, not dollars--though the difference isn't all that big anymore).

...but then I'm old and have a pension to live on. The million would just make my remaining years very comfortable!

Million for me,if i was single i'd buy a house near Hamburg and move there,but seeing as i'm not single i'd buy a house in Bavaria and live there,love the place,sit on me balcony looking over the mountains,drink whiskey and have a chong till i'm off to the bone orchard

Enlightening thread! i think its admirable the way certain posters put family/happiness before £,i'm honestly not money mad,for example some of the brickies ive worked with down the years are mortgage free now,plenty £ in the bank as well,but they allways stayed working late when i went home after i'd got X amount of £ earned,be it 2 pm or 3 pm whatever,so materialistic/money driven i'm not,but i'd love to NOT have to set brick again if i'm honest

Do i regret not working late/weekends etc?no tbh,work to live an all that,however a mill would buy me a house in bavaria,my own "herb" garden and keep me in single malts till i peg out,sound as!:cool:

I could also get one of those massive satellite dishes and watch footy 24/7:jiggy:

Enlightening thread! i think its admirable the way certain posters put family/happiness before £,i'm honestly not money mad,for example some of the brickies ive worked with down the years are mortgage free now,plenty £ in the bank as well,but they allways stayed working late when i went home after i'd got X amount of £ earned,be it 2 pm or 3 pm whatever,so materialistic/money driven i'm not,but i'd love to NOT have to set brick again if i'm honest

Do i regret not working late/weekends etc?no tbh,work to live an all that,however a mill would buy me a house in bavaria,my own "herb" garden and keep me in single malts till i peg out,sound as!:cool:

I could also get one of those massive satellite dishes and watch footy 24/7:jiggy:

I like the way you think .......especially about the "herb" garden :yes:

Guest nikkidel

For me it would be the visa. A million can't buy you citizenship of another country and we cherish the ability to be able to have options for us and our kids for the future.

VISA. A million quid and stay imprisoned in blighty? No brainer that one

Thats wasn't the choie offered though, was it?

If the choice were "a million quid and you can never live elsewhere than the UK" then you'd have a point. But it wasn't

This one is a no brainer to me. Australia is nice but it ain't that great

Archived