All done except police clearance :(

ack

As the title suggests ..visa lodged, CO appointed, meds done today and then we find out 2-3 week wait time for police clearance to come back. It means it pushes up right up against the 28 day submission date.

Bloodly crazy...DIAC deal with application in a week and police 3weeks!

.........glad we're planning to leave!

Let your CO know you have applied and the current processing times. Not a problem, the 28 days really means for you to apply within that time. Some people cannot get a medical appointment within that time, and in some countries it can take months for police clearances. The CO just wants to be sure you have done your best, they know that some things are out of your control.

HA no receipts in Ireland- its a case of just dropping it in and hope it gets done!!

Hey Ack, just a heads up on the Garda check - I was really worried that part would take ages, but I actually got it within 5 working days to my address in the UK!:biggrin:

I found a handy way to get this sorted (after calling around a wee bit). Call the station nearest to you and ask for the email address of your District Superintendent. This is the person who needs to sign off on a police check for migrant purposes.

Put the following in your email request:

Name/DOB/Occupation.

Reason for request: Migration - this is important, else your request could be sent to the office down the back of beyond that deals with requests for people who need higher-level clearance, i.e, those who work with children. You don't need this one - and if they get it wrong you'll be waiting an age!

Last addresses in Ireland over 10 years.

Your contact details.

Attach a colour copy of your passport.

I did this and was delighted with the speedy turnaround.

Hope this helps,

D

Hey Ack, just a heads up on the Garda check - I was really worried that part would take ages, but I actually got it within 5 working days to my address in the UK!:biggrin:

I found a handy way to get this sorted (after calling around a wee bit). Call the station nearest to you and ask for the email address of your District Superintendent. This is the person who needs to sign off on a police check for migrant purposes.

Put the following in your email request:

Name/DOB/Occupation.

Reason for request: Migration - this is important, else your request could be sent to the office down the back of beyond that deals with requests for people who need higher-level clearance, i.e, those who work with children. You don't need this one - and if they get it wrong you'll be waiting an age!

Last addresses in Ireland over 10 years.

Your contact details.

Attach a colour copy of your passport.

I did this and was delighted with the speedy turnaround.

Hope this helps,

D

Hi Dani-

Acutally we did all this AND I went down personally and left in a hard copy- still apparentl 2-3 weeks. At this stage Im cool with it. It'll all happen I guess in its own time. I just wish we'd organised it weeks ago.

Sorry, I just noticed you're living in Ireland. Good Luck getting the Gardai of their backsides!:nah:

Hi Mrs Brennan,

Gosh I see you are waiting on your VETASSESS - ye certainly applied for you police clearance early.

You know when your visa is granted it will then go back the date on the plolice cleareance?

Hi Mrs Brennan,

Gosh I see you are waiting on your VETASSESS - ye certainly applied for you police clearance early.

You know when your visa is granted it will then go back the date on the plolice cleareance?

I applied for my police check when I was going for ENS but the whole thing so long that the 12 months validity expired, so I had to apply for another one at the same time that I applied for the Vetassess. I was told by my prospective employer that I should have my visa through within 6 months of lodging the Vetassess, so hopefully that'll be through soon and I won't run out of time on my police clearance.:confused:

did anyone here got their medical and PCC done before being asked by the CO? i got my CO on the 20th and he asked for form 80 and evidence of work experience and they were uploaded on the 30th and since then haven't heard anything.

Guest laura b
As the title suggests ..visa lodged, CO appointed, meds done today and then we find out 2-3 week wait time for police clearance to come back. It means it pushes up right up against the 28 day submission date.

Bloodly crazy...DIAC deal with application in a week and police 3weeks!

.........glad we're planning to leave!

Don't panic if you don't have it back in time, our c/o extended our submission date for us, I think they' re pretty understanding as long as you keep in touch and show that you have done everything you can. I am still waiting for my Australian police clearance and think I may have to ask for a second extension!!

You guys complain so much about the UK... you should try living in South Africa.

When I went to get a PCC, the police didn't even know what it was. I had to explain it to them... birth certificates take bwteen 8 and 12 MONTHS to come back.

I took 30 days more than the submission deadline. It does not matter when the deadline as they understand that there can be delays with PCC's from different countries. The FBI clearance in the US for instance takes 2 months and the Indian PCC takes 2 months. The CO was really patient till I got both and Granted my Visa the very next day.

Archived