Is it worth bringing my car? The Iron Lady's trusty new calculator reveals all!

Iron Chef

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Lilly16 viewpost-right.png

Hi Iron Chef,

I am debating whether or not to take my car to geraldton WA. My partners company will take it over, so i wont be out of money.

Year: 2006

Vehicle: Vauxhall Astra 1.8i VVT Energy 5door 5sp

Aircon: Yes

Uk Price: approx £3,500

Mileage: 52,000

Fuel type: petrol

I cannot find my car on the redbook website?? What you think? is it worth taking over? changing registration plates? Car tax & insurance for this type of car in WA?

The Australian market value of this car is just not high enough to justify bringing it with you unless you are quite attached to the car and really want to keep it. It would work out to owe you probably around $3,000 more than it would be worth. Probably a better option to sell before you come to Australia if you can get a decent price for it. I hate doing myself out of work but I have to be honest with my advice.

Regards,

Craig.

Hi Craig! Me again just wondering if you could break down the costs on how the car would end up owing me 3,000 dollars. Have you taken into account my partners company are shipping the car over? Sorry for the annoyance it's just we can't buy a new car before we go as we are going in August. If my car broke down would it be easy enough to get the suitable parts?

Thanks Craig.

Guest flyingkiwi

Hi there

Very informative thread, thanks.

Just wondering if it was worth bringing a 2004 Merc E500 estate (circa 80,000 miles on the clock) to Oz? Is that model available there at all? There don't seem to be any on carsales.com.au for comparison, but they are in redbook.com.au.

Guest froglet

Iron chef hello from rainy cold Manchester.....my car is a 2008 Ford C Max which is not available in Australia. It's an automatic, 2.0 liter petrol engine with air con. Mileage is about 30 000, value in UK around 6000GBP. It's a 5 seat mpv. I've looked at similar used cars available in Oz, and they seem extremely expensive, which is why I'm considering going through the rigmarole of bringing it over. What do you think? Is it worth the expense? It would be Cairns we're moving to. Thanks for your excellent thread!

Guest Guest67761

Hi Craig! Me again just wondering if you could break down the costs on how the car would end up owing me 3,000 dollars. Have you taken into account my partners company are shipping the car over? Sorry for the annoyance it's just we can't buy a new car before we go as we are going in August. If my car broke down would it be easy enough to get the suitable parts?

Thanks Craig.

From my quick research it looks like your car would be worth around $9,000 in Australia. Based on that price you would be looking at the following costs to get the car into Australia with all fees paid, modifications necessary to meet Australian Design Rules and road registered ready for use:

$1,461 ocean freight

$54 insurance (optional)

$1,500 customs & port fees

$200 import duty

$572 GST

-- road registration costs --

$800 ADR compliance

$150 roadworthy requirements

$600 registration (12 months)

$110 stamp duty

-- other costs --

$50 import approval application

$990 Iron Lady Imports fee ('A' Package)

All up this makes the total cost to get the car on the road in Australia around $6,487 plus the current vehicle value of £3,500 (around $5,500) means the car would owe you in total just under $12,000 which is around $3,000 more than it would likely be worth to sell.

If you are not paying for any other relocation costs for the car then I would take it with you for sure as you could easily sell it for more than the $5,500 it's worth currently.

Regards,

Craig.

Hi there

Very informative thread, thanks.

Just wondering if it was worth bringing a 2004 Merc E500 estate (circa 80,000 miles on the clock) to Oz? Is that model available there at all? There don't seem to be any on carsales.com.au for comparison, but they are in redbook.com.au.

Apologies, couple of extra details.

It's the avantgarde model, UK value seems around £8000.

Cheers

This model was sold in Australia although there are not many around in the estate style. They should be worth around the same as a normal sedan/saloon model so you could be looking at somewhere around $30,000 to $35,000 as a possible Australian market value based on the mileage and obviously depending on the condition and comparison of the specification level with Australian delivered models.

Assuming it was the same specification as a local Australian version and that it was in very good condition even with mileage a little higher than what we would normally see for this model in Australia, then it should be worth somewhere around $34,000 as a starting point. Based on this figure you would be looking at costs as follows assuming you were coming to Melbourne just for this example:

$1,461 ocean freight

$124 insurance (optional)

$1,000 import duty

$2,259 GST

$600 ADR compliance

$800 stamp duty

-- other costs --

With total import costs of around $9,534 this would end up with the car owing you around $22,000 in total including the current value of £8,000. This is well below the market value of similar vehicles in Australia therefore I would think it was a very safe option to bring this car with you. Even if you could only resell it for $30,000 or a little less there would still be an excellent margin there so you really can't go wrong.

Please let me know if you wanted to use our services to bring this car to Australia, or needed any more information at all.

Regards,

Craig.

Iron chef hello from rainy cold Manchester.....my car is a 2008 Ford C Max which is not available in Australia. It's an automatic, 2.0 liter petrol engine with air con. Mileage is about 30 000, value in UK around 6000GBP. It's a 5 seat mpv. I've looked at similar used cars available in Oz, and they seem extremely expensive, which is why I'm considering going through the rigmarole of bringing it over. What do you think? Is it worth the expense? It would be Cairns we're moving to. Thanks for your excellent thread!

Being a model which was never sold in Australia it would not be a good option to bring with you if the intention was to sell it, however if you were looking at keeping it yourself here in Australia then resale value might not be so much of a concern to you.

A quick calculation shows that you could be looking at a total cost including shipping, import duty, taxes, port fees, customs clearance, ADR compliance, road registration, stamp duty and our service fee of anywhere from around $6,500 to $7,500 depending on what the final valuation was for Australian Customs. This would have the vehicle owing you around $16,000 to $17,000 all up. Based on the general specifications it looks like it could be worth somewhere around $20,000 here in Australia, so you would not be losing money by bringing it with you.

At the end of the day you need to be decide if you want to keep the car that you already know well or buy something else unknown when you get here. There are good reasons to bring a vehicle like this with you and also some reasons why you may not want to bother with the hassle too, so it really comes down to which way you were leaning in the first place.

I hope this helped rather than only adding to the confusion. Let me know if I can help any further.

Regards,

Craig.

Hi Iron Chef,

Struggling to find my car on the ozzie websites!. Can find the older versions, any chance if i give you some info you could help me out?

Ive got a Vauxhall Vectra C 56 (07) hatchback 1.9 CDTI SRI. Got air con cruise control, climate control. Done 83,000 Diesel. Manual and front wheel drive. Rough uk valuation is £4000.

sorry to be a pain!

Stephanie

Guest hazel100

Hi spoke to you before, just going over some thoughts again, please confirm if worth bringing the following......

- year of manufacture - 2006

- make, model & variant - mercedes benz sprinter 311 cdi medium wheel base high top (new shape)

- body type (coupe, convertible, etc)- van

- engine size & fuel type - 2.2td

- transmission - manual

- drive type (4WD, front wheel drive, etc) - n/a

- mileage - 140k

- any special features, options or modification - n/a

- does it have aircon- n/a

- realistic current UK market value - ?

- Australian RedBook value (www.redbook.com.au - click through to the page with 'Private Price Guide', 'Trade In Price Guide' and 'Price When New' listed, then tell us the 'Private Price Guide' range)

- Australian market value (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/search.aspx - search for the closest matching vehicle)

- which Australian state/city - western australia/perth

Thanks, just wondering if worthwhile takin hubbies van or getting a pick up, will be a work vehicle (plasterer).

Thanks Iron Man

Hazel

Guest Guest67761
Hi Iron Chef,

Struggling to find my car on the ozzie websites!. Can find the older versions, any chance if i give you some info you could help me out?

Ive got a Vauxhall Vectra C 56 (07) hatchback 1.9 CDTI SRI. Got air con cruise control, climate control. Done 83,000 Diesel. Manual and front wheel drive. Rough uk valuation is £4000.

sorry to be a pain!

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Your car was sold in Australia as a Holden Vectra although they were only sold here up until 2005. Also the smallest engine they had was a 2.2L so there is nothing exactly the same as yours to compare with for the purpose of trying to accurately estimate the likely value Australian Customs will use as a base to charge import duty and taxes, therefore all I could do is give you my best guess at this stage.

Based on an estimated market value of around $8,000 you would be looking at costs roughly as follows depending on where you are relocating to in Australia exactly:

-- shipping costs --

$1,450 ocean freight

$62 insurance (optional)

$120 import duty

$403 GST

$700 ADR compliance

$84 stamp duty

-- other costs --

All up I think this car would owe more than it's likely to be worth. If you can get the £4,000 for it back home then you should look at selling it before you leave unless you are quite attached to it.

Regards,

Craig.

Hi spoke to you before, just going over some thoughts again, please confirm if worth bringing the following......

- year of manufacture - 2006

- make, model & variant - mercedes benz sprinter 311 cdi medium wheel base high top (new shape)

- body type (coupe, convertible, etc)- van

- engine size & fuel type - 2.2td

- transmission - manual

- drive type (4WD, front wheel drive, etc) - n/a

- mileage - 140k

- any special features, options or modification - n/a

- does it have aircon- n/a

- realistic current UK market value - ?

- Australian RedBook value (www.redbook.com.au - click through to the page with 'Private Price Guide', 'Trade In Price Guide' and 'Price When New' listed, then tell us the 'Private Price Guide' range)

- Australian market value (http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/search.aspx - search for the closest matching vehicle)

- which Australian state/city - western australia/perth

Thanks, just wondering if worthwhile takin hubbies van or getting a pick up, will be a work vehicle (plasterer).

Thanks Iron Man

Hazel

Hi Hazel,

It's really hard to put a value on a van like this without more information. Is this van already setup for work as a plasterer, would it sell for more or less than normal if it has been modified for this purpose, and would it cost substantially more to have a new van setup if you didn't bring this one with you? We also need to know a ballpark market value as it sits right now, and some idea of what similar vehicles are worth in Australia in order to calculate all of the variables involved in the import process. Please try to do a little more research so I can help you out.

Regards,

Craig.

Hi Craig,

no probs, appreciate the help. Did think it would be a huge expense, think it would be easier to buy a banger out there!

Thanks again

Steph

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Your car was sold in Australia as a Holden Vectra although they were only sold here up until 2005. Also the smallest engine they had was a 2.2L so there is nothing exactly the same as yours to compare with for the purpose of trying to accurately estimate the likely value Australian Customs will use as a base to charge import duty and taxes, therefore all I could do is give you my best guess at this stage.

Based on an estimated market value of around $8,000 you would be looking at costs roughly as follows depending on where you are relocating to in Australia exactly:

-- shipping costs --

$1,450 ocean freight

$62 insurance (optional)

$120 import duty

$403 GST

$700 ADR compliance

$84 stamp duty

-- other costs --

All up I think this car would owe more than it's likely to be worth. If you can get the £4,000 for it back home then you should look at selling it before you leave unless you are quite attached to it.

Regards,

Craig.

Hi Hazel,

It's really hard to put a value on a van like this without more information. Is this van already setup for work as a plasterer, would it sell for more or less than normal if it has been modified for this purpose, and would it cost substantially more to have a new van setup if you didn't bring this one with you? We also need to know a ballpark market value as it sits right now, and some idea of what similar vehicles are worth in Australia in order to calculate all of the variables involved in the import process. Please try to do a little more research so I can help you out.

Regards,

Craig.

Guest Claire101

Hi Craig

Thanks for such a brilliant thread.

At the risk of sounding like a dumb female (!), I'm struggling to understand the Aus equivalent of a 2004 Honda Civic 2.0 I-VTEC Type S hatchback for valuation purposes. We have a manual, 5 door, petrol variant with about 70.000 miles in the clock. It has part-leather seats, aircon, alloys etc.

It's only worth about £3k in the UK but is it worth shipping over?

Many thanks,

Claire.

Guest Guest67761
2008 2.0 Peugeot 307 cc converible

33648 mileage

UK price, 8,995

aud 22,000

manual

with aircon

petrol

Based on an Australian value of around $22,000 the estimated cost to import this car would be as follows assuming you are shipping to Brisbane. Costs to other state of Australia will vary a little but this should give you a decent starting point:

-- shipping costs --

$1,450 ocean freight

$139 insurance (optional)

$640 import duty

$1,503 GST

$700 ADR compliance

$448 stamp duty

-- other costs --

All up the cost should be somewhere around $8,170 for everything needed to get the car into Australia and on the road.

I have had a quick look around in the UK and can see dealers with cars with similar mileage and specification for as little as £6,750 and private sellers at around £6,000, and this is just the asking price so they may in fact sell for even less. Are you sure £8,995 is a realistic value you would actually get if you were to sell the car today?

Assuming your car would actually sell for £9,000 at home then including that current value it would end up owing you around $22,000 here in Australia which is basically the same as it would be worth, so it wouldn't be a money maker but if you like the car and wanted to keep it then you shouldn't really lose either. On the other hand if you find that the real market value in the UK was as little as £6,000 then this car would only owe you around $17,400 on-road in Australia which makes it a really good option to bring with you ... anywhere in between these 2 figures still works out well, so I would be looking at bringing the car with you unless you don't really care for the car and prefer to get something different.

Regards,

Craig.

Hi Craig

Thanks for such a brilliant thread.

At the risk of sounding like a dumb female (!), I'm struggling to understand the Aus equivalent of a 2004 Honda Civic 2.0 I-VTEC Type S hatchback for valuation purposes. We have a manual, 5 door, petrol variant with about 70.000 miles in the clock. It has part-leather seats, aircon, alloys etc.

It's only worth about £3k in the UK but is it worth shipping over?

Many thanks,

Claire.

Hi Claire,

The reason you can't see a similar model in Australia is because we never had that model there at all, absolutely nothing to do with your intelligence or gender! ... the closest we had was an 'import only' model Type-R which has the same basic mechanicals but is only a 3 door hatchback (not 5 door), and the next closest was a 5 door hatchback model but only 1.7L engine, so your car falls somewhere in between them in value. I would estimate the value to be somewhere around $10,000 give or take a little, based on this figure your estimated import and on-road costs should be roughly as follows:

-- shipping costs --

$1,450 ocean freight

$46 insurance (optional)

$150 import duty

$465 GST

$700 ADR compliance

$105 stamp duty

-- other costs --

All up that is about $7,061 in importing costs so when you include the current value it works out that it's likely to owe you just a little more than it's likely to be worth here in Australia, therefore I would not suggest this as a good option to bring with you unless you were quite attached to the car and were thinking about keeping it for a while.

Regards,

Craig.

Ok I've been having a tinker with this for a little while and think I've got it pretty close. I've developed an Excel spreadsheet that provides an estimate of whether or not your car is

Category A: definitely worth bringing, you'll do nicely out of it when the time comes to sell

Category B: only worth bringing if you love the car and/or plan to keep it for a while

Category C: not worth the aggro, you're better off selling it in the UK

*Disclaimers* - the estimates are based on the following:

1) using our most complete 'A Package' service at AUD990 (it's set up for our customers, obviously!)

2) using RORO shipping from Southampton (does not include transport to get your car to the port)

3) the current GBP/AUD exchange rate

4) an estimated Australian Customs value calculated for your specific vehicle

5) includes customs duty, GST and LCT where necessary

6) a set figure for customs clearance (which I've deliberately set higher than what they normally come in at)

7) includes the cost of Australian Customs valuation and transport to the workshop once cleared

8) includes allowance for the minor modifications needed before registration

9) includes road registration and stamp duty costs (for a "no surprises" all inclusive cost estimate)

As you can see, I've tried to be as upfront about the costs of getting the vehicle to Australia, and I have actually over-allowed on what many bills come in at. There are a heap of variables in here and each car is different, so don't be disheartened if you get a category C - the calculator isn't meant to be the ultimate authority, but it will give you a fair guide.

What I need from you:

- year of manufacture

- make, model & variant

- body type (coupe, convertible, etc)

- engine size & fuel type

- transmission

- drive type (4WD, front wheel drive, etc)

- mileage

- any special features, options or modification

- does it have aircon

- realistic current UK market value

- which Australian state/city

Please note when you are searching that most Vauxhall, Opel and some Chevrolet models will be badged as Holden in Australia.

Let's test it out :biggrin:

We have a 2.0L Diesel Ford Kuga '10 plate, Titanium, 4WD, approx 30K on the clock (would need to check this though), Aircon, sat nav, reversing camera and parking sensors, Private Sale est £16950. Can't get Australian red book value or carsales value as no used Kugas found in search!! Any chance you could let me know whether it's worth taking with us or selling prior to move?

Also have a 1.25L petrol Ford Fiesta Zetec, air con, bluetooth, USB, approx 20K on the clock, £7535 Priv sale. Shall we bring it or shall we sell it??

Ok I've been having a tinker with this for a little while and think I've got it pretty close. I've developed an Excel spreadsheet that provides an estimate of whether or not your car is

Category A: definitely worth bringing, you'll do nicely out of it when the time comes to sell

Category B: only worth bringing if you love the car and/or plan to keep it for a while

1) using our most complete 'A Package' service at AUD990 (it's set up for our customers, obviously!)

2) using RORO shipping from Southampton (does not include transport to get your car to the port)

6) a set figure for customs clearance (which I've deliberately set higher than what they normally come in at)

7) includes the cost of Australian Customs valuation and transport to the workshop once cleared

9) includes road registration and stamp duty costs (for a "no surprises" all inclusive cost estimate)

As you can see, I've tried to be as upfront about the costs of getting the vehicle to Australia, and I have actually over-allowed on what many bills come in at. There are a heap of variables in here and each car is different, so don't be disheartened if you get a category C - the calculator isn't meant to be the ultimate authority, but it will give you a fair guide.

What I need from you:

- year of manufacture

- make, model & variant

- transmission

- mileage

- does it have aircon

Please note when you are searching that most Vauxhall, Opel and some Chevrolet models will be badged as Holden in Australia.

Is it worth taking our cars??

1) Ford Kuga '10 plate 2.0TDCi, Titanium, approx 30K on clock, rear/front parking sensors, air con, reversing camera, sat nav, bluetooth, USB. UK value £16-17k

2) Ford Fiesta '59 plate 1.25 Zetec, 5dr, approx 20k on clock, air con, bluetooth, USB. UK value £7.5/8k

Thanks

Guest Lewd Vicar

Hi Iron Chef,

Hope you can give a pointer on whether its worth shipping my car:

Volvo V70 SE, 2.0L diesel

Manual, front wheel drive

Mileage : approx 33k

with aircon

Current UK market value approx £10.5k (sniff)

Can't seem to see any diesel volvo's so will have to take your advice on values

Thanks,

Clive

Guest Guest67761
We have a 2.0L Diesel Ford Kuga '10 plate, Titanium, 4WD, approx 30K on the clock (would need to check this though), Aircon, sat nav, reversing camera and parking sensors, Private Sale est £16950. Can't get Australian red book value or carsales value as no used Kugas found in search!! Any chance you could let me know whether it's worth taking with us or selling prior to move?

Also have a 1.25L petrol Ford Fiesta Zetec, air con, bluetooth, USB, approx 20K on the clock, £7535 Priv sale. Shall we bring it or shall we sell it??

We only just started getting the Ford Kuga here in Australia this year so it's hard to put a price on a 2 year old model at the moment, however they are likely to sell well and therefore it could be a very good car to bring with you. Unfortunately in their infinite wisdom, Ford decided to only sell these with petrol engines at this stage but I expect a diesel will soon follow.

Based on a 'best guess' valuation at this stage I would estimate your import and road registration costs to be as follows give or take a little:

-- shipping costs --

$1,450 ocean freight

$263 insurance (optional)

$630 import duty

$1,495 GST

$700 ADR compliance

$441 stamp duty

-- other costs --

The Ford Fiesta appears to have an Australian value of somewhere around $13,000 give or take a couple of thousand depending on condition, features, etc. Working from an average value your import and road registration costs should be roughly as follows:

-- shipping costs --

$1,450 ocean freight

$116 insurance (optional)

$288 import duty

$762 GST

$700 ADR compliance

$202 stamp duty

-- other costs --

These prices are assuming you are moving to Brisbane. Road registration costs vary a little between states but this should give you a general idea of the costs you are likely to face as a starting point. If you decided to bring both cars then we would discount our service fee on the second vehicle to only $660.

Please let me know if you need any more specific information, clarification of any details, or if you wanted to talk further about actually bringing one or both of the cars here with you.

Regards,

Craig

Hi Iron Chef,

Hope you can give a pointer on whether its worth shipping my car:

Volvo V70 SE, 2.0L diesel

Manual, front wheel drive

Mileage : approx 33k

with aircon

Current UK market value approx £10.5k (sniff)

Can't seem to see any diesel volvo's so will have to take your advice on values

Thanks,

Clive

Hi Clive,

We never got these here in Australia with the diesel engine so I have to base my figures on a combination of the petrol variant prices and a 'best guess' scenario. After quite a bit of searching, comparing and calculating I have worked out that your likely import and road registration costs should be as follows:

-- shipping costs --

$1,450 ocean freight

$163 insurance (optional)

$1,040 import duty

$2,346 GST

$700 ADR compliance

$728 stamp duty

-- other costs --

All up it seems to be well worthwhile for this car to come along for the ride. My calculations show that it would end up owing you around $9,000 less than it's likely to be worth here in Australia, so there is a good margin there.

Please let me know when and where exactly you are planning to move so I can advise further on how best to proceed?

Regards,

Craig.

What I need from you:

- year of manufacture

- make, model & variant

- transmission

- mileage

- does it have aircon

Hello, hopefully you can advise me on whether or not its worth me brining my car. I will also probably still have 2 yrs of payments still owed before I own the car outright (dont know if this makes a difference or not)

Its a SEAT LEON 1.9, Ecomotive, 2009, Diesel, 5 door front wheel drive. It has air con. 40,000 on the clock

Thank you

Guest luckylady

Hello kakimoto 33

I have a mini & was interested to see if its worth taking.

1. 2006 Mini Cooper Convertible. £30k miles, Aircon, 1.6L petrol. Lots of extras

2. £8,000 uk resale

3. $18,000 on redbook, but on carsales.com.au I cant find a similar spec for less than $25,000.

Could you give me a breakdown of the costs for shipping please any any estimated costs for duty etc

Thanks in advance for your help

Guest nedflanders

Hi, after some advice. First of during the qualifying period is it OK to be abroad for 10days? I bought the car Aug 13th 2011, exporting Aug 27th 2012. Roadworthy during that time but I did visit Australia in Feb for 10days.

Also is it worth it

2004 Land Rover 90 XS- Top spec including A/C

88K on the clock K price £12000, not sure about Australian price as there rare as hens teeth, probably $28k

I'll be shipping and doing the import cert, just need help when it lands in Fremantle.

Thanks in advance.

It has the 4 side facing rear seats which I've been led to believe is OK as it's classed as a commercial vehicle??

Guest Guest67761
Hello, hopefully you can advise me on whether or not its worth me brining my car. I will also probably still have 2 yrs of payments still owed before I own the car outright (dont know if this makes a difference or not)

Its a SEAT LEON 1.9, Ecomotive, 2009, Diesel, 5 door front wheel drive. It has air con. 40,000 on the clock

Thank you

This is a hard car to value in Australia and without having all of the details (current value, where you are moving to in Oz, etc) there is some guessing involved here but at least this should give you a reasonable idea of costs to get started:

-- shipping costs --

$1,455 ocean freight

$50 insurance (optional)

$210 import duty

$591 GST

$700 ADR compliance

$147 stamp duty

-- other costs --

I think it will most likely work out to be worthwhile as long as you plan to keep the car for a while in Australia. If you were looking to import and sell once it gets here then I wouldn't bother because this exact model was not sold here so it could take a while to find a buyer at a reasonable price.

Regards,

Craig.

Hello kakimoto 33

I have a mini & was interested to see if its worth taking.

1. 2006 Mini Cooper Convertible. £30k miles, Aircon, 1.6L petrol. Lots of extras

2. £8,000 uk resale

3. $18,000 on redbook, but on carsales.com.au I cant find a similar spec for less than $25,000.

Could you give me a breakdown of the costs for shipping please any any estimated costs for duty etc

Thanks in advance for your help

I have had a look around and from what I can see I would expect your car to be worth somewhere around $22,000 or maybe a little more if it's a really outstanding example. Based on this figure your shipping costs should be roughly as follows:

-- shipping costs --

$1,455 ocean freight

$124 insurance (optional)

$620 import duty

$1,460 GST

Once the car arrives in Australia you will have some additional costs for the modifications required to ensure it meets Australian Design Rules, roadworthy requirements, registration (road tax) and stamp duty. These costs should be roughly as follows:

$600 ADR compliance

$672 stamp duty

You also need to allow $50 for the import approval application fee before you get started and our service fee which is between $330 and $990 depending on which package you choose.

Regards,

Craig.

Ford Focus Zetec Climate. alloys, Air-con. heated windscreens 2008 1.6

35,000 miles

Uk price £6000

AUS $11,500 - $15,300

Without having enough information about the car to do my own research on likely value I can only do a basic calculation based on the figures you have provided. It looks like you would have shipping costs of between $3,921 and $4,328. The ADR compliance and road registration costs could be between $1,612 and $1,704. Then there would be the $50 import approval application fee and our service fee also. These costs are based on shipment to Brisbane as an example, so if you are going to a different area of Australia then the costs may vary a little.

If you wanted more information and/or a more specific price estimate for your car then please provide as much information as possible:

- year of manufacture

- make, model & variant

- transmission

- mileage

- does it have aircon

- Australian RedBook value (http://www.redbook.com.au - click through to the page with 'Private Price Guide', 'Trade In Price Guide' and 'Price When New' listed, then tell us the 'Private Price Guide' range)

- which Australian city or state?

Best wishes,

Craig.

Hi, after some advice. First of during the qualifying period is it OK to be abroad for 10days? I bought the car Aug 13th 2011, exporting Aug 27th 2012. Roadworthy during that time but I did visit Australia in Feb for 10days.

Also is it worth it

2004 Land Rover 90 XS- Top spec including A/C

88K on the clock K price £12000, not sure about Australian price as there rare as hens teeth, probably $28k

I'll be shipping and doing the import cert, just need help when it lands in Fremantle.

Thanks in advance.

It has the 4 side facing rear seats which I've been led to believe is OK as it's classed as a commercial vehicle??

I have already answered many of your questions in reply to your previous email. Please let me know if you need to know anything else. Here is the estimated cost breakdown for transporting this vehicle to Fremantle and getting it road registered:

-- shipping costs --

$1,950 ocean freight

$186 insurance (optional)

$700 import duty

$1,684 GST

$800 ADR compliance

$385 stamp duty

-- other costs --

I hope this helps you make the decision a little more clearly.

Regards,

Craig.

Guest motogp2910

Hi Iron Chef can you tell me if its worth me taking my car to OZ please? If its worth it ill be well chuffed shes my pride and joy

Its a Mitsubishi Shogun 4X4 fully loaded with AIR-CON, PANORAMIC ROOF, DVD, SAT-NAV, SIDE STEPS, PRIVACY GLASS, REVERSING CAMERA, CLIMATE +

2008 CRUISE CONTROL, XENON LIGHTS, PARKING SENSORS think thats about it.

Turbo Diesel 3.2 DI-DC ELEGANCE

7 seater Automatic 80,000 miles

I think the nearest you do out in OZ is the Pajero which is pretty similar and the UK price i paid was £10500 OZ price $39,000-$43000

Thanks.