What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.yorkshiretravelmedicine.co.uk/travel-clinic.html

Here's the link for a travel clinic in Yorkshire, I hope I'm allowed to post it. Contact them and get yourself sorted out if the GP won't do it.

Thanks for your reply, this whole process is a minefield! Have spoke to my Gp's again today and now have appt on Monday with the practice nurse so fingers crossed she will be able to sort it for me, if not i will go down the route of the travel clinic.

Thanks for your reply, this whole process is a minefield! Have spoke to my Gp's again today and now have appt on Monday with the practice nurse so fingers crossed she will be able to sort it for me, if not i will go down the route of the travel clinic.

If you have to go down the travel clinic route, then please bear in mind that some of the vaccinations that you want to have done are available as "doubles" and therefore might be cheaper, so don't get ripped off by being asked to pay for singles.

Have now been Married 10 1/2 days

Visa (Wife's) is in place

Wife's job is confirmed with two possible starting dates (both by end of Sept)

Applied for jobs for me yesterday.

What did I do today....

Transferred money to our Oz bank account!

Head down under in 19 days :biggrin:

Booked the medicals for this Friday morning and then a long lazy weekend in the caravan. Medimigration are cheaper than Spire by nearly £100 for 2 adults and an infant!

Had the medicals on Friday and I cannot recommend Medimigration highly enough! We arrived 30 mins early and was with the Doctor within 10 mins and that was after having our height & weight checked along with our photos being taken.

The Doc was great, talking to us constantly, letting us know exactly what was happening and what the procedure was. Our babies medical would be uploaded the same day to DIAC and when I logged on today ours had already been done too.

This leads me to a question, before we had our medicals it said on the DIAC web site under each name to "arrange medicals". Now it says "No health examinations are required for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship." Does this mean we have all passed? I think it does but would appreciate confirmation.

Guest scrumpy

Today has been spent recovering from the mother of all hangovers, and trying to work out why my ribs feel like they have been broken ;)

Still, as leaving parties go, I think it went very well

When will I remember Im 44, not 14!!!

started the lateral transfer from British army to Australian Defence Force, can anyone help me out with a few questions?

Hiya if I were you I'd start a specific thread your question might get a bit lost in here good luck with it

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I've been really good :angel_happy_face_ha. I have spent the day with sitting with Mr MTT (as there was no work for a change) and we filled out the 47SP and the 40SP (well, the bits we could without help, I've had to PM GeorgeD!).

I am also writing a gripping love story worthy of Mills and Boon and possibly coming to a cinema near you starring Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts in the lead roles about how Mr and I met. The best thing is, it's all true! I'm calling it "Beauty and the Beast" - you can use your imaginations about who's who lol :wink: xx

Yayyy, just got an email from the FCO to say that they have legalised my foreign (British) marriage certificate, so now finally, I can get my Aus passport in my married name and get Mr MTT's visa application in the post :biggrin:

I think that I deserve for the rest of the process to be plain sailing after the hoops I've had to jump through just to get my Aus passport sorted out!

Archived