Those living in Australia ~ What will your Xmas dinner be?

cartertucker

Baked Ham glazed with orange and honey, Prawns, Mud crab (if I catch some), Pork, Turkey, garden salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, curried aggs and garlic cheesey spuds (microwaved spuds, hollowed out, and the potato mashed with garlic, grated cheese and diced onion, spooned back into the skins and baked) washed down with tooheys extra dry (to begin with) followed by G&T's (if I can afoord the lemon)

Guest shusselmann

Lamb and salmon on the barbie and loads of salads followed by Christmas pud and ice-cream, don't miss Turkey roast and have been put off cooking indoors in the heat of summer (not that you'd know it's summer in Sydney at the moment!!).

Still debating! Have been surprised at the amount of Aussies who have the full Turkey works at around midday :eek:

I couldn't have eaten that early in chilly old England let alone in the 31 degree heat that forecast for Sunday in Perth!

Mind you have decided on making a ginger and mince pie icecream cake with warm brandy sauce for dessert....mmmmmmmmmm :yes:

Guest The Pom Queen

We are on a huge Turkey - I thought we were going to be having guests but they didn't fancy my cooking and booked a flight out of Cairns the night before :frown::laugh:

So we are on a 10kg Turkey (I've never bought fresh before and couldn't believe the price, I wish I had checked before ordering it, gulp, I could have bought 10 chickens for that), roast taties, brussels, cauliflower cheese, pigs in blankets and not sure what else yet. We start the day with bacon butties.

Guest guest17301

Roast turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips and pumpkin, brussel sprouts, carrots, pork and sage stuffing, pigs in blankets, roast onion, cranberry sauce, possibly bread sauce all smothered in a delicious gravy made from the turkey juices. taken around 7pm under the patio. A bottle of special white to accompany and non alcoholic cocktails for the kids. To follow....chocolate pudding with whipped cream for OH and dtr, warm xmas pud with custard for me and a shortbread xmas tree shaped biscuit for the boy.

Bacon rolls for brekkie....line our tummies before we head to the beach....lunch at mothers....turkey other meats and all the trimmings....I don't do Brussels though!! Yuk.

My man has made a trifle but has been told not to add brandy because of the kids!!

Last year it was about 38c so we had a whole salmon done on the barbie which was lovely but this year its "only" going to be 30c so I plan on a full roast turkey dinner with all the trimmings. We are meeting friends on the beach first, then we will have a late lunch, with the air con on full blast. Next year the house will be built, and so will out swimming pool. so it will be around the pool for us.:wink:

We are on a huge Turkey - I thought we were going to be having guests but they didn't fancy my cooking and booked a flight out of Cairns the night before :frown::laugh:

So we are on a 10kg Turkey (I've never bought fresh before and couldn't believe the price, I wish I had checked before ordering it, gulp, I could have bought 10 chickens for that), roast taties, brussels, cauliflower cheese, pigs in blankets and not sure what else yet. We start the day with bacon butties.

Cheeky!!

Heading down to Mum and Dad's place for barbecue Christmas lunch. Leftovers for dinner if we can fit it in :)

What will be cooked on the BBQ? :wideeyed: Just trying to get ideas!

To add...................we pig out on turkey in the new year as come boxing day, coles will be selling 'em off at less than half price...............will pick up another ham then as well.

Great money saving tip ~ Thankyou :wink:

Roast turkey, roast potatoes, roast parsnips and pumpkin, brussel sprouts, carrots, pork and sage stuffing, pigs in blankets, roast onion, cranberry sauce, possibly bread sauce all smothered in a delicious gravy made from the turkey juices. taken around 7pm under the patio. A bottle of special white to accompany and non alcoholic cocktails for the kids. To follow....chocolate pudding with whipped cream for OH and dtr, warm xmas pud with custard for me and a shortbread xmas tree shaped biscuit for the boy.

Im officially really hungry now! :animal-pig:

Archived