Beer

BritChickx

Guest guest59177
Pablo,

Love your picture man, this thread was made for us. Must set up a beer appreciation site!!:-)

$9 for a can of Guinness???? I would very very quickly adapt to the local natives tipple of choice! It was the same when I was in Tokyo it was €9 a point of the black stuff.

Ohh how convenient!!! Take over a girl's thread and claim it as your own. Let's see how long it takes for the girls on the site to rise up in mutiny :biglaugh:

P.S.: I'm not a girl but I take sides with the aggrieved party - I believe in fair play!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beer a mans best friend!

Leptokurtic, sorry if I took over your thread. Not claiming as me own, but thinking about setting up a new website for beer apprciation. Whats your favourit tipple?? Vinegar and lime by the sounds of it:-) LOL

Makes me laugh at the way poms say that Australian beer is garbage...

The top 3 selling beers in the UK are Carling, (Canadian), Fosters (Australian) and Stella (Belgium)

Best Beers in United Kingdom

The United Kingdom citizens have preferred ales in place of lagers for the past several centuries. However, lager beers have been gaining ground in Britain also and the sales of regional ales have been affected seriously by big national lager brands. Carling, previously known as Carling Black Label, is the largest selling beer in Britain, which is originally from Canada. Equally surprising is the fact that the Australian beer brand, Foster’s Lager, is in second place in the United Kingdom, followed by Stella Artois of Belgium and Carlsberg of Netherlands.

http://www.foodandbeverageunderground.com/top-selling-beers.htm

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

BOb, all those brews are brewed in the UK..Lets look.

Carling has been brewed in the UK for decades and is the best of the "average! lagers brewed and drank in the UK.

Fosters is not drunk by anyone unless they are really desperate, it is a nasty lager and tastes like p****>

Stella is also brewed in the UK under licence and tastes nothing like how it tastes in Belgium.

Real connosiers of ale only drink Lager abroad as the stuff in the UK is crap.

You cannot beat the beer that is being brewed by the 1000s of independent small breweries that are abundant in the UK.:notworthy:

Beer a mans best friend!

Leptokurtic, sorry if I took over your thread. Not claiming as me own, but thinking about setting up a new website for beer apprciation. Whats your favourit tipple?? Vinegar and lime by the sounds of it:-) LOL

Ahem, my thread :rolleyes:

And the threads for everyone! Pablo I knew you'd be hanging about here :laugh:

Makes me laugh at the way poms say that Australian beer is garbage...

The top 3 selling beers in the UK are Carling, (Canadian), Fosters (Australian) and Stella (Belgium)

Best Beers in United Kingdom

The United Kingdom citizens have preferred ales in place of lagers for the past several centuries. However, lager beers have been gaining ground in Britain also and the sales of regional ales have been affected seriously by big national lager brands. Carling, previously known as Carling Black Label, is the largest selling beer in Britain, which is originally from Canada. Equally surprising is the fact that the Australian beer brand, Foster’s Lager, is in second place in the United Kingdom, followed by Stella Artois of Belgium and Carlsberg of Netherlands.

http://www.foodandbeverageunderground.com/top-selling-beers.htm

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers, Bobj.

that is both surprising (cos they're $hite) and not surprising, as pi$$y lager is the preferred tipple of scrotes up and down the UK.

Stella, though, at least has a taste......:wubclub:.

Leaving Carling and Fosters aside, there is MUCH more choice within a reasonable price range in the UK....foreign beers, old English ales etc.

I mentioned Smith and Clyde from Aldi earlier in the thread. Not a bad drink, $9 for 6 bottles, way cheaper than VB etc. But as far as I can tell, it's the ONLY supermarket branded beer I've come across here.

Well, speaking of beer prices, I do miss buying a 6 pack of 330ml bottles for $4.00usd. The expensive stuff was only $7.00usd! I've started making my own now.

As far as liquor goes I won't buy it here.....but......I know a guy that has a friend that his brother knows how to distill spirits (that won't make you go blind). Won't say who that person is but I bet he may try his hand at it here at some point.

Guest guest59177
Beer a mans best friend!

Well, vinegar and lime would be nice for the digestion, but when going out with friends who like to 'indulge' I order a glass of orange juice :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:

BOb, all those brews are brewed in the UK..Lets look.

Carling has been brewed in the UK for decades and is the best of the "average! lagers brewed and drank in the UK.

Fosters is not drunk by anyone unless they are really desperate, it is a nasty lager and tastes like p****>

Stella is also brewed in the UK under licence and tastes nothing like how it tastes in Belgium.

Real connosiers of ale only drink Lager abroad as the stuff in the UK is crap.

You cannot beat the beer that is being brewed by the 1000s of independent small breweries that are abundant in the UK.:notworthy:

fishin.jpg

:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

Archived