Migration agent help? 457 to perm residence

fluxsta

Hi forum, been a while since I have looked on here. brisbane is treating us well, and been 3 months so far! my question is posted toward anyone with the experience really, but maybe a migration agent can answer on here?

We came on 457, I am a nurse who is 4 years qualified. My contract runs for 2 years and we wish to go for PR ENS. Immigration site states that if you have 3 years experience and you have your skills assessed then you can apply for PR. However, there seems to be a general feeling that you have to be working in Oz for 2 years before applying for PR. This would mean getting another 457 with my employer and then applying for PR immediately.

The immigration does state if you can do 'one of the following'....and that is

A. 2 years work on 457 and at least 12 months with one employer

B. Hold a qualfiying visa (e.g. 457)

C. Have held your profession for 3 years and had skills assessed.

Any feedback people? My company welcome suggestions for PR ENS after 6 months, so if we can get the ball rolling then it would be great.......

Missed this forum BTW, good to be touching base (even if it is for advice again!)

Been spending too much time eating SAUSAGES

Hi forum, been a while since I have looked on here. brisbane is treating us well, and been 3 months so far! my question is posted toward anyone with the experience really, but maybe a migration agent can answer on here?

We came on 457, I am a nurse who is 4 years qualified. My contract runs for 2 years and we wish to go for PR ENS. Immigration site states that if you have 3 years experience and you have your skills assessed then you can apply for PR. However, there seems to be a general feeling that you have to be working in Oz for 2 years before applying for PR. This would mean getting another 457 with my employer and then applying for PR immediately.

The immigration does state if you can do 'one of the following'....and that is

A. 2 years work on 457 and at least 12 months with one employer

B. Hold a qualfiying visa (e.g. 457)

C. Have held your profession for 3 years and had skills assessed.

Any feedback people? My company welcome suggestions for PR ENS after 6 months, so if we can get the ball rolling then it would be great.......

Missed this forum BTW, good to be touching base (even if it is for advice again!)

There are three ways you can qualify to apply under the ENS program (Subclass 856/121 Employer Nomination Scheme):

· Executive Salary;

· Positive skills assessment AND 3 years of employment experience;

· 24 months on a 457 in the nominated occupation (including at least 12 months with the nominating company).

Your problem will be that for the position to be eligible for ENS, it needs to be full time and available for AT LEAST 3 years. A two year contract will not suffice to meet this criterion.

There are three ways you can qualify to apply under the ENS program (Subclass 856/121 Employer Nomination Scheme):

· Executive Salary;

· Positive skills assessment AND 3 years of employment experience;

· 24 months on a 457 in the nominated occupation (including at least 12 months with the nominating company).

Your problem will be that for the position to be eligible for ENS, it needs to be full time and available for AT LEAST 3 years. A two year contract will not suffice to meet this criterion.

Thanks for confirming. We fit into the positive skills assessment category then. I have to wait 6 months to approach my employer then, and in meantime pay ANMAC the $300 for a modified skills assessment. The position has to be available for 3 years at least, not a 3 year contract, just available? e.g. hospitals always need nurses right?

many thanks

I may be wrong, but I think the fact that you're registered with APHRA would negate the need for a skills test.

As for the sausages? Found a decent one yet?

Still need a skills assessment, but a cheaper one. Seems nuts as I am already AHPRA registered?

p.s. found sausages but there not like UK ones and not from Tescos......might start a thread about it... ;-)

:biggrin::jimlad:

Still need a skills assessment, but a cheaper one. Seems nuts as I am already AHPRA registered?[/Quote]

Bloody mental ain't it? Good enough to be already working as a nurse and yet you need your skills assessing??????? perhaps the person who thought that one up may eventually be a patient of yours :goofy:

p.s. found sausages but there not like UK ones and not from Tescos......might start a thread about it... ;-)

:biggrin::jimlad:

They wouldn't be like the UK ones. All the sawdust from the mills goes to paper companies here, not butchers. :biggrin:

Guest sylcaddies

Don't know if this helps, but the letter I got from migration agent my employer used to lodge ENS 856 states

"for an ENS application the legislative instrument on which the DIAC information sheet is based does allow nurses and doctors to provide EITHER an ANMC skills assessment OR proof of registration in order to meet the "valid skills assessment"requirement"

So your registration certificate should be enough.

Also, I was given a new contract for three years which stated all the conditions to be filled, ie full time, permanent position.

All the best x x