only relavent in 3 years time

KIRK AND CO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AndyH78

In which country might this be?

And are they going to surge so much because they will have just experienced their biggest crash in years?

Guest AndyH78

Major recession in 2012/13 from the Euro fall out casusing a huge drop in house prices.

Therefore a 20% bounce in 2014 would be a record rise in percentage terms, but from very low levels.

The year 2014 uk HOUSE PRICES surge upwards the fastest ever recorded. I told you all you did not listen.:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

its all relevant kirky ......the house prices will also go up in oz ...so u really wont be much better of ....im glad i still have my house in the uk ....its payin for itself while im over here enjoyin life .....u will be drawin ur pension by the time u get here ...:twitcy:

mrs keily

Guest Guest16631

..............'House prices may not move much during 2011 but they are likely to rise significantly in the following three years on the back of quantitative easing to offset the impact of the fiscal retrenchment.'

........from This is money .co.uk.......... Don't know why op made it a mystery......:wacko::confused::err::huh:

..............'House prices may not move much during 2011 but they are likely to rise significantly in the following three years on the back of quantitative easing to offset the impact of the fiscal retrenchment.'

........from This is money .co.uk.......... Don't know why op made it a mystery......:wacko::confused::err::huh:

I had not seen it but nice to know I have back up.

I'm not convinced.

House prices are still high. In parts of London and the Southeast they're up on the market peak in 2007. What's keeping them up is a combination of low interest rates and foreign money flowing into prime central London.

At some point the Bank of England is going to raise the base rate. A neutral rate at the present time would be around 7% or 8%. Add a couple of percent on for a lender's margin, and the typical household would see their mortgage costs triple.

The UK is currently seen as a safe haven relative to the Eurozone. That's probably a mistaken view, and at some point the country's going to lose that status. If it does so, will we still see the same flow of money into London property?

The only way we're going to see the mother of all property booms is if the economy fires up again, and wages rise sharply. We're still in the hangover from 2008, and the chances are the current round of sovereign crises will drag on for a couple of years. The confidence isn't going to be there for years.

Archived