TV in more than 1 room

swintonfan

Ok before anyone says anthing .. yes we know haveing tvs in more than one room seems crazy..

We came from Canada and that is what we are used to. So all that been said, does any of the telstra or Foxtel etc offer a service where you can watch tv in different rooms etc.

Also what is the best package for TV, Internet and phone etc

Cheers

from the UK, think you'll find most people have TV's in more than one room here, and usually have a multi room system

We buck the trend then :cute: We only have the one TV in the sitting room. We had a small one in our bedroom for a while but hated it, so off it went to a new home. We have computers,so iPlayer and the like can be watched whenever and so if we miss something we can always catch up that way.

I guess not having Sky makes a difference also. We tried it, found we hardly ever made use of it so binned that also. Find the freeview more than enough for us.

We never had a second tv in the UK, but have finally succumbed. Mainly so that I get a short respite from endless episodes of The Wiggles.

I've deleted all trace of anything Wiggles on our computers. Can't bear them, I feel your pain :cute: By the time we are over son will be past the age of finding them appealing I'd think. He'd rather go 'Raaaaaaaar' and pretend to be a dinosaur anyways :laugh:

We never had a second tv in the UK, but have finally succumbed. Mainly so that I get a short respite from endless episodes of The Wiggles.

What you don't like The Wiggles :vampire:

I'm sure that you will change your mind after listening to "Fruit Salad" ............................. Again!

[YOUTUBE]gB4MNu6W9sg[/YOUTUBE]

I've deleted all trace of anything Wiggles on our computers. Can't bear them, I feel your pain :cute: By the time we are over son will be past the age of finding them appealing I'd think. He'd rather go 'Raaaaaaaar' and pretend to be a dinosaur anyways :laugh:

We have Wiggly toothpaste, Wiggles bandaids, ring-side tickets to the Wiggles Big Birthday show and just about every other wiggly cash-in available. A TV (no way is he having one in his!) in my bedroom as respite was a small price to pay!

I love the Wiggles. It's Dirt Girl World and In the Night Garden that I can't stand :biglaugh:

Those lips on Dirt Girl (and her sidekick) are bizarre and terrifying :twitcy:

We buck the trend then :cute: We only have the one TV in the sitting room. We had a small one in our bedroom for a while but hated it, so off it went to a new home. We have computers,so iPlayer and the like can be watched whenever and so if we miss something we can always catch up that way.

I guess not having Sky makes a difference also. We tried it, found we hardly ever made use of it so binned that also. Find the freeview more than enough for us.

We have one tv in the living room, and then a small one in the playroom so that if the girls want to watch tv they can do so in there. We don't have Sky or anything either, we tried it about 9 years ago in the UK and decided that it wasn't worth the money. Before we moved here we had just a small portable tv.

I can't stand the Wiggles either. They make me want to rip my own ears and eyes out! Thankfully our daughters have grown out of those now. They like the Octonauts which is fine, and they both seem to quite like documentary programs such as David Attenborough things, although I do have to screen them first because they can be surprisingly frightening!

I am thinking of buying our eldest The Blue Planet or Planet Earth on dvd for Christmas if I can get them at a reasonable price.

Ok before anyone says anthing .. yes we know haveing tvs in more than one room seems crazy..

We came from Canada and that is what we are used to. So all that been said, does any of the telstra or Foxtel etc offer a service where you can watch tv in different rooms etc.

Also what is the best package for TV, Internet and phone etc

Cheers

Hi Foxtel (or Austar if you're in a regional area) both offer multiroom setups. The cost for an additional set top box is about an extra $15 - 20 per month on top of the existing package subscription.

http://www.foxtel.com.au/discover/products-features/multiroom/default.htm

You can order foxtel via telstra and probably if it's bundled with internet & landline then it may work out cheaper.

Both Foxtel and Austar will rent you additional receivers for a lot less than the initial contract and will come out and do the wiring for you when you sign up.

If you don't want separate receivers but rather just want the same pictures in more than one place, most electronics stores will sell you a repeater that you plug into your main box and it transmits the output in a format that can be received in other rooms.

....and, yeah, we have TVs in two rooms--used to be three but our oldest daughter moved out.

Archived