100 reasons why not to move to Australia

hia

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi janine

Sorry but you seem to be under the assumption that everyone is now jumping on this person because nobody understands his culture. Well you are wrong they didn't mention where they were from or what culture? We are all not trying to get out of this country for any reason but a better lifestyle than we may already have. We all tried helping by giving the best answers we could and have been shouted down but where were your answers? They may have listened to you with the long list of qualifications. Sorry its wound me up.

if im honest deep down i was hoping australia would be less reliant on bits of paper, but i think i knew the answer already.

its a good way for governments to keep more of the cash.

tax credits in the uk for example.....

if you dont claim - they profit

if you screw up the claim - they profit

if they screw up the claim - they profit.

makes perfect sense really!

ill buy a box of pens in singapore!

Murky

Some of the comments to the OP I found offensive.I believe the OP has mentioned they are from India/Pakistan ???.

IMHO some posters come across as sarcastic and supercilious.Lots are in NO position to comment on life in Oz when they admit they are still in the UK.

Post your comments when you actually live here,not just for a holiday but actually live here.

I give up on this thread, its giving me a headache..

if ive offended the poster or anyone else then i apologise.

it just seemed to me like no matter what advice we gave to her to tell her sister it was never going to be good enough for her, she always seemed to say it was wrong because such and such said so on the other forum. we just seemed to be going in circles with the subject I hope her sister can come on and actually check the info for herself.

Guest GoldCoastMag

HIA, this is YOUR journey, if you want to live in a foreign country (which Australia is to any immigrant) then by all means listen to others BUT try and get a balanced view by looking at some of the FACTS.

It is different for everyone, what I enjoy about Australia you may hate. If you write a list of the pros and cons and the cons is longer it may be in your interest not to migrate. On the other hand no-one will force you to stay, just as no+one has forced you to apply.

When you come on a site and only give voice to negatives there doesnt seem as much point in giving it a try, as your judgement seems already made, and immigrating has enough stress involved when people are either positive or have no preconceived ideas.

Good luck either way

For example as a non-resident, I think you are not entitled to many benefits, better check that out first.

We met a family from Berkerly last week, and she could not get anything in terms of benefits in Australia.

I have found out that you may find you will need a car eventually as public service is NOT available everywhere....Austraia is a big country, transportation shud have been better if this is the case... You may find insurance cost much higher for you as a non-resident.Also on banking, Australia has the worst banking system in terms of customer service and rip off their customers.....

just had a rattle through google and found this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606712

i dont know if it is the one, but its got some negative on it.

it seems most of the horror stories are from tourists though, so the exchange rate is an issue.

i guess the best thing is to buy a load of stuff in the struggling british shops then get a job in australia and pay it off with the stronger currency lol

careful tho the pound might recover!

Sorry flyby knight we can't give out opinions coz we don't live in oz.

it seems most of the horror stories are from tourists though, so the exchange rate is an issue.

i guess the best thing is to buy a load of stuff in the struggling british shops then get a job in australia and pay it off with the stronger currency lol

Oh God, I made the mistake of looking at that thread on Britishexpats and as soon as I realized it's one where they all whinge about the high prices in OZ versus the low prices in UK, I came straight out of it.

Please can someone tell me honestly where I've gone wrong because I just do not give a stuff what prices are in the UK compared to OZ.

I cared about them when I lived in the UK but as soon as I set foot back in OZ I forgot about them.

It's not as if I'm rich - I'm getting by on about $300 per week albeit without having to pay rent or mortgage. I was financially better off in the UK because I was working full time.

Why can't people look forward and not backwards?

just had a rattle through google and found this http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=606712

Not sure that's it, the "100 reasons why not to move to Australia" seems quite specific, I'd love to see the 100 reasons.

I still visit the site and I keep away from the "Rovers Return" its actually "Whingers Return" in my view :laugh:

My only beef is, that some people post as asking for another, and also the fact that the op does not believe what anyone has to say anyway as I see it.

I think the op and others who are so worried about coming to Aus should stay away from forums and peoples personal opinion and do a bit of research with google and other search engines, read sites, spend time making an informed decision.

I certainly do not rely on info from forums, I may take some on board but I always do my own research as well.