Watch British TV in Australia dirt cheap

Guest BlueArsedFly

Guest BlueArsedFly

Been lurking on here for about a year now so reckon it's about time I started posting lol

Been missing TV from home so igned up to Brit TV the past 4 months & find them really good. Free 25 minute preview from here:

UK TV Abroad

50+ Sky channels on iPad, iPhone & PC & you can access all these services at the one time for the flat fee of a tenner so reckon it's a really good deal.

Curious to check out any alternatives so I can change to another provider of a similar (even cheaper, if poss - i'm a scabby sort lol) service if anyone has any better suggestions worth mentioning?

Any replies greatly appreciated.

& hi to all!

:smile:

Guest BlueArsedFly

I'd recommend asking the guy in the Online pop-up box bottom right for the full details. Excellent service anyway & seems a decent sort.

Guest BlueArsedFly

Just had a chat with the guy in the Online pop-up box.

As the majority of the channels are not available online outside the UK & nothing is actually hosted through the site it would appear to be legal. He sets you up with VPN (remotely if required, as he did for me - not the most technical lol) to change your IP to a British one to access the channels at the bottom so not like you can get in trouble or anything for signing up.

Technically you are overseas and not paying a TV licence so the iPlayer content therefore isn't available. Watching it via a VPN (which masks your own IP and location) is a way of getting round this. If it were legal the BBC would let people from overseas watch their content with an overseas IP address. Same for ITV, C4 and others.

Is it legal. No, not really. Do loads of people do it? Yes they do.

There are ways and means of watching most stuff online these days. Be it illegal downloads, file sharing, VPN and so on.

Personally I find it amusing people pay for a VPN service.

Guest BlueArsedFly

I get what you're saying but 50+ UK channels in the one place that load with one click, no ads or popups, quick buffering, TV guide, iPad & iPhone compatibility, live customer service, 20+ UK radio channels, etc. is well worth a tenner. Spent months looking for a service similar to this & found none of the free services were a patch on this.

& well better than giving that slimeball Rupert Murdoch 8 times that amount every month lol

We had UK tv in perth for 4 years, was a lifesaver for the x-wife.

I don't think you can record, I like to record for later. We watch Brit tv everynight on our tv, and it cost us 50 euro per year.

I go straight to BBC or itv and watch it. No need to pay a tenner per month

Guest BlueArsedFly
I don't think you can record, I like to record for later. We watch Brit tv everynight on our tv, and it cost us 50 euro per year.

I go straight to BBC or itv and watch it. No need to pay a tenner per month

How?

Is that just for ITV & BBC?

Been lurking on here for about a year now so reckon it's about time I started posting lol

Been missing TV from home so igned up to Brit TV the past 4 months & find them really good. Free 25 minute preview from here:

UK TV Abroad

50+ Sky channels on iPad, iPhone & PC & you can access all these services at the one time for the flat fee of a tenner so reckon it's a really good deal.

Curious to check out any alternatives so I can change to another provider of a similar (even cheaper, if poss - i'm a scabby sort lol) service if anyone has any better suggestions worth mentioning?

Any replies greatly appreciated.

& hi to all!

:smile:

Will check it out sounds to be unbelievably good value for ten quid a month.

I even watch sky anytime + live TV sport , download sky movies.My sister gave me her login details, has she has no need to watch Sky on her laptop, she has the full package.And so as long as I am signed into my proxy server I watch all channels, channel 4 I have to watch via you tube channel4od but great ,I even have a US Proxy but don,t tend to watch that very often.

Personally I find it amusing people pay for a VPN service.

You are amused by bizarre things!

People pay for a VPN service because the pay ones tend to be better than the free ones (more bandwidth, more reliable, etc.) This is especially useful if you want content for countries other than the UK and US, which tend to be well enough served by free providers.

Guest BlueArsedFly
You are amused by bizarre things!

People pay for a VPN service because the pay ones tend to be better than the free ones (more bandwidth, more reliable, etc.) This is especially useful if you want content for countries other than the UK and US, which tend to be well enough served by free providers.

& there are huge security issues associated with VPN or proxys because if the individual running the proxy is untrustworthy you could be opening yourself up for identity theft, spyware & viruses. By using a VPN or proxy you are opening the contents of your communications to the owner of the VPN/proxy &, as VPN/proxys are in effect cheating your IP address to break laws, are you willing to take that risk?

I'll take a paid service (especially this one, as the customer service rep is generally available online at pop-up box bottom right & you can ask them anything) over a dodgy free VPN or proxy where I have no contact with whoever runs them.

How?

Is that just for ITV & BBC?

I use a vpn called Iportal, very reliable. I then tune in to BBC or ITV or channel 4 direct.

This way I still get a url which UK TV doesn't. I record very easily and cost me 50 euro per year. Have tried them all and to me IPortal is best.

I get all tv & radio in Britain for that.

I spoke to to little guy in the corner and he stated you cannot record with UK TV.

I also have The Box.bz Brilliant!

Great info here. I hardly watch any TV and am only interested in BBC iPlayer so may try expat shield and see how we go. Mostly I want to spend time reading outside , but am sure there will be times sitting undercover when it's chucking it down will get tiresome, and a bit cold in winter!

We watch stuff on abc iview for nuffink.

There's loads of good stuff on there, for example, weve just watched misfits.

If you've got kids they have all the abc for kids stuff.

There's loads of comedy and drama from BBC and channel 4

There's an iPad app for iview as well.

The streaming and video quality is excellent.

It's brilliant

• 6 months later...
Guest brianjones69

Im back in London for abit but yeah, after being down under for more than a few months the local telly does tend to grate on you a little bit lol

I was using http://www.laptoptelly.com for BBC, ITV, 4OD etc. cost me about a fiver a month I think, all about catching up on Match of the Day!

Brian, Freemantle.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...