New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Name: polkadot

Date of Visa application: 27/7/2010

Nationality: Indonesian

High/Low Risk: High

Trade/profession: ICT Recent Grad (2231 79 not in SOL)

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Category 4 (lowest priority)

Post-14th July Category: re-assessed to Analyst Programmer in July-2011 which was and is still in SOL

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: No CO ever assigned, just sudden grant

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted: 26/8/2011

Congratulations on Your visa grant, if you don't mind I have added your details to the front page so others can see.

Thanks Tania

wow, where do you live? we are just re carpeting and painting then will put up for sale. Bit worried now as we will need the funds from the house sale to move to oz.

We will be selling our house also, hubby just refitting a new ensuit n re-tile the other bathroom, then were good to go! i dont want the house hanging over us whilewere in OZ(if we ever get there:eek:)

some one told me not to inform estate agents or buyers that your emigrating as it has been known for them to hold you to ransom at the 11th hour of final contract exchanges.:GEEK:

Good luck to all :jimlad:

Anyone seen this before?

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/agents/pdf/skilled-migration-update.pdf

I'm guessing it was made pre-July and the that the page that says about processing all Cat 3 (now Cat 4) by end of January 2011 should read January 2012.

"Applications lodged outside of Australia by the of end June 2011 we expect to have allocated all applications lodged before January 2011."

No, they mean January 2011. This document came out in May or June if I remember correctly. There is an obvious lack of punctutation in this sentence but I'm fairly sure they mean that "by the of end June 2011, we expect to have allocated all applications lodged before January 2011." which is what aimed for at that time (see 18th March letter).

"Applications lodged outside of Australia by the of end June 2011 we expect to have allocated all applications lodged before January 2011."

No, they mean January 2011. This document came out in May or June if I remember correctly. There is an obvious lack of punctutation in this sentence but I'm fairly sure they mean that "by the of end June 2011, we expect to have allocated all applications lodged before January 2011." which is what aimed for at that time (see 18th March letter).

Yes I remember this and if they hadn't of put the 13 occupations back on the SOL they would of most likely have achieved this but they have only got as far as September I don't think that was bad considering all the old applicants they are working through.

Tania

Thanks for clearing that up, So basically, non of this has happened as there are still many applicants from 2010 who are waiting for a CO unless they are being processed in the back ground.

Yes I remember this and if they hadn't of put the 13 occupations back on the SOL they would of most likely have achieved this but they have only got as far as September.

Tania

Agree, but surely they would have known that by adding the extra occupations it would affect these timelines?

Yes I remember this and if they hadn't of put the 13 occupations back on the SOL they would of most likely have achieved this but they have only got as far as September.

Tania

Well they should have achieved that target by the end of June 2011 hence before adding those 13 occupations back on the SOL. I think there were other factors that slowed them down, like an influx of aplications from the categories with a higher priority. On the other hand they might have been too optimistic when they estimated (a lot of people estimate in "ideal days", not taking into account potential risks), so I reckon that was more like a best case scenario.

Guest IoanHoria

the sentence is correct for the date it was published. On 16th and 18th march 2011 some 10000 applicants received an e-mail which said that they should prepare meds, PCCs and Form80 because they will be allocated to a CO within 3 month (that meant till june 2011)...in july this year DIAC extended that time until september 2011 (there are cases of app lodged in january and february 2011 that received that letter, but yet no CO)...but it seems that almost all apps of 2010 that received that letter (actualy all of who are in ex-cat 3, now cat 4) are allocated...

anyway, it's a good read even if it's outdated...

Cheers

Update for this week

for those that got CO and Visa granted congratulations to

Name: Zurrieq

Date of Visa application: 23 October 2010

Nationality: Maltese

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Software Engineer

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): N/A

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: Yes (after 18th March 2011 letter)

Police check submitted: Yes (after 18th March 2011 letter)

Date CO assigned: Not Known

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not Known

Date visa granted:30/08/11

Name:Anlopa

Date of Visa application:12/05/09

Nationality:British

High/Low Risk:Low Risk

Trade/profession:Fitter

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):5

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted:No

Police check submitted:No

Date CO assigned:30/08/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):NO

Date visa granted:If only

Name: mandymark

Date of Visa application: May 2009

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Fitter (General)

Visa type: Originally 175 then Qld SS 176 from Sep 2009

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5 (I think!)

Post-14th July Category: 3 or 4???

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: 2009

Date CO assigned:30/08/11

Date visa granted:

Name: polkadot

Date of Visa application: 27/7/2010

Nationality: Indonesian

High/Low Risk: High

Trade/profession: ICT Recent Grad (2231 79 not in SOL)

Visa type: 885

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): Category 4 (lowest priority)

Post-14th July Category: re-assessed to Analyst Programmer in July-2011 which was and is still in SOL

Medicals submitted: Yes

Police check submitted: Yes

Date CO assigned: No CO ever assigned, just sudden grant

Date visa granted: 26/8/2011

Another good week :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy: Good luck everyone for next week :hug::hug:

Thanks Tania

Guest dexulans

Name: dexulans

Date of Visa application: 30-May-2011

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Electronic Instrument Trades Worker

Visa type:Subclass 175

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 3

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: Not Assigned

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not Done

Date visa granted:Not Granted

Name: dexulans

Date of Visa application: 30-May-2011

Nationality: Indian

High/Low Risk: High Risk

Trade/profession: Electronic Instrument Trades Worker

Visa type:Subclass 175

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 3

Police check submitted: No

Date CO assigned: Not Assigned

Date of employment verification (If applicable): Not Done

Date visa granted:Not Granted

Hi and welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page.

Thanks Tania

Guest IoanHoria

tonight I'll write an email to my CO for an update on my application...it passed 2 month since he processed my aplication and did not request anything just told me that he will contact me when my application will be ready for finalising...

I'm so excited! I guess will be just another sleepless night... Good luck to all of us!

tonight I'll write an email to my CO for an update on my application...it passed 2 month since he processed my aplication and did not request anything just told me that he will contact me when my application will be ready for finalising...

I'm so excited! I guess will be just another sleepless night... Good luck to all of us!

Hope you hear something soon!!!

Tania:jiggy:

Guest Reco5150
Good luck!!! everyone for tomorrow hoping we see CO or visa grants. :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Hi Tania,

I've been following this and Connie's forum since we submitted our 175 in February of this year. Last Thursday morning I received a text message from a DIAC agent who was trying to email me. I was on holiday last week and therefore my inbox was full! I emailed him back a couple of hours later when I had cleared it but have only received a response this morning, having been on tenterhooks all weekend.

We have a case officer from Team 2!

Name: Reco5150

Date of Visa application: 14/02/11

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer (ANZCO : Eng Technologist)

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 05/09/11

Date visa granted:

Hi Tania,

I've been following this and Connie's forum since we submitted our 175 in February of this year. Last Thursday morning I received a text message from a DIAC agent who was trying to email me. I was on holiday last week and therefore my inbox was full! I emailed him back a couple of hours later when I had cleared it but have only received a response this morning, having been on tenterhooks all weekend.

We have a case officer from Team 2!

Name: Reco5150

Date of Visa application: 14/02/11

Trade/profession: Civil Engineer (ANZCO : Eng Technologist)

Onshore/offshore:

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:

Medicals submitted:

Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned: 05/09/11

Date visa granted:

Congrats Reco5150!!!!

itz really nice to hear that they have moved up to feb-2011.... :biggrin:

How is all your evidence going is your CO happy with what you have sent and have you booked your medicals yet.

Tania:jiggy:

Hi Tania and all,

My medicals are booked for the 19th of September ans we sent the police checks off on Thursday (uk police checks are taking around 10 days to process)

I'm not sure about the evidence I need to get intouch with agent to find out might just drop him an email now.

I am more worried now I have a CO than while waiting to be allocated.

:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest gurram jai

co alloted to my friend is from team 2

i dropped app in feb 2008 my frnd app in jun 2009

now we had a same co alloted

we 2 work on same machine have similar document

what will happen

Guest IoanHoria
co alloted to my friend is from team 2

i dropped app in feb 2008 my frnd app in jun 2009

now we had a same co alloted

we 2 work on same machine have similar document

what will happen

nothing, this shouldn't be a problem unless you made it one...if you weren't honest and the documents you've sent were forged then it might be a problem - visa refused and banned for at least 3 years, only if you are cought...

good luck