New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

We've finally got our visa this morning! Initial entry by 4 Oct 2012......

Mandy x

Hi Mandy,

Sorry to sound ignorant, but does 'initial entry by 4 Oct 2012' mean you have nearly 1 year to actually VALIDATE your visa? And then subsequently another 5 years to make up your mind?

I thought DIAC only give you at most 6 months to do the initial visit of Oz and thereby validating your visa?

Guest waitingtogotooz
Hi Mandy,

Sorry to sound ignorant, but does 'initial entry by 4 Oct 2012' mean you have nearly 1 year to actually VALIDATE your visa? And then subsequently another 5 years to make up your mind?

I thought DIAC only give you at most 6 months to do the initial visit of Oz and thereby validating your visa?

They give you one year from the date of your police checks or medicals which ever is first.

Guest sachinmathias

Congratulations to all who got COs allocated and Grants!!!

My latest status is all my document checklist turned MET, only Malaysia PCC is awaited. Malaysia PCC takes 2 months to be issued...arrgggghhhh. I guess because of this I missed 2 chances for Visa Grant last week when my Document Checklist was updated by the CO.

Cheers

Sachin

Guest Vzdrul Sharikoff
Just looked at our online checking & we've got a 176. Anne, 2nd page still hasnt changed so don't bother looking at that anymore, only the front page changed to 'applicant approved'! And to tell us that another email has been sent.

Mandy x

Do you mean that all your documents are still with a 'Required' status?

And, sure, have my best and heartiest congratsssss on your visa !!:wubclub:

Name:patrick

Date of Visa application:05/5/11

Nationality:scottish

High/Low Risk:low

Trade/profession:teacher

Visa type:175

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category:3

Medicals submitted:24/9/11

Police check submitted:24/9/11

Date CO assigned:8/6/11

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:25/10/11

Congrats but you are cat 3 so should not be posting here

We've finally got our visa this morning! Initial entry by 4 Oct 2012.:jiggy:

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting, especially those that have waited a long time with me! Anlopa, I'll tell him to do yours next eh, it really can't be long - hope that you get it before the weekend!

Mandy x

Thats great news, but why the 4th October, thats not the date of your meds or your PCC's is it???

Su x

HI Rahul,

I believe thats a typo, and Patrick means Cat 4, as there are no Cat 3's for a 175 according to this link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

yip sorry guys,

i have got mixed up. looks like iam cat 4. i initailly thought we were cat 3 when we applied. has it changed the last few months?

thanks.

Sorry just to confirm......You applied in May this year and you got a Case Officer in June this year and were granted your visa yesterday and your a 175 applicant??? :eek:

Hi and congratulations on your visa grant

Sorry just to confirm......You applied in May this year and you got a Case Officer in June this year and were granted your visa yesterday and your a 175 applicant??? :eek:

hi, yeah

app was lodged in oz 5/5/11, case officer 8/6/11/, medicals 24/9/11,police check scanned and sent 24/9/11. visa granted yest 25/10/11.

was very quick.quite shocked and a bit taken a back.

my partner and i are both teachers and have immeadiate family living in perth(not sure if that made a difference?wouldnt have thought so.)

are you guys still waiting?

where are you guys heading?

thanks.

hi, yeah

app was lodged in oz 5/5/11, case officer 8/6/11/, medicals 24/9/11,police check scanned and sent 24/9/11. visa granted yest 25/10/11.

my partner and i are both teachers and have immeadiate family living in perth(not sure if that made a difference?wouldnt have thought so.)

thanks.

You sure your are a 175 applicant? We have seen 885 applicants get visa's from your month but I have not seen on any of the forums I visit anyone who's on a 175 from May get a CO yet alone a Grant!! Very interested to hear!

You sure your are a 175 applicant? We have seen 885 applicants get visa's from your month but I have not seen on any of the forums I visit anyone who's on a 175 from May get a CO yet alone a Grant!! Very interested to hear!

hi, yip

double checked and its def 175 visa and co assigned 8/6/11 and visa granted yest(25/10/11)

although its a quick turn over its still over six months so i cant imagine no one has been granted a visa within the same timeframe. ill have a quick look and if i come across anyone ill let you know.

good luck with your app

thanks.

Guest Lori2011
hi, yeah

thanks.

If you are 175 then Congrats!!!! You are the very first may app to get a CO and a grant!!! At least on the forums I visit.

If you are 175 then Congrats!!!! You are the very first may app to get a CO and a grant!!! At least on the forums I visit.

hi,

feel bad if thats the case. it should be first come first serve.

i cant imagine you waiting long for a case officer if you applied in march.

from our experience it was 3 months from co assigned to visa grant so fingers crossed.my partners family were also around 3 months for visa after co assigned.(visa grant nov/10)

did you apply in march or visa lodged in oz in march.

we sent our app on 24th of april and recieved e-mail that it had been lodged on 5/5/11 (so application official)

where you guys heading?

good luck, iam sure its just round the corner.

thanks.

Guest Lori2011

Well, CO allocations seems to have been stopped this week, or maybe they are silently working. At this pace, i dont think the next update will be to far from feb 1st.... Well, lets see how friday develops in Adelaide

I am heading to Perth.

cool. as are we. probably ellenbrook. going at xmas to have a look at few places.

you guys got any suggestions of where is nice?

thanks.

Congrats on getting a Grant, it certainly is the faster grant I've and my friends who are agents in Oz have ever seen anyone get a 175. You must have inside contacts....!! :wink:

You must tell us your secret!

Quick question, I see from your dates that you got a CO in June, but didnt submit your medicals until end of September, what did the CO ask for between getting a CO and being ask to submit meds & PCC's?

Congrats on getting a Grant, it certainly is the faster grant I've and my friends who are agents in Oz have ever seen anyone get a 175. You must have inside contacts....!! :wink:

You must tell us your secret!

Quick question, I see from your dates that you got a CO in June, but didnt submit your medicals until end of September, what did the CO ask for between getting a CO and being ask to submit meds & PCC's?

hi,

that is crazy we are the first to receive it so quickly.(not complaining though)no inside contacts..honest.as i mentioned we have close family in perth but not sure that would have any bearing on an app?

when we received our CO we were asked to complete the IELTS test. we just assumed our degrees were proof of english.(slightly arrogant i suppose) so we booked on the next course which was 30/7/11/ waited the 13 days for the results.scanned them asap and waited for them to request police checks and medicals.

thanks.

hi,

that is crazy we are the first to receive it so quickly.(not complaining though)no inside contacts..honest.as i mentioned we have close family in perth but not sure that would have any bearing on an app?

when we received our CO we were asked to complete the IELTS test. we just assumed our degrees were proof of english.(slightly arrogant i suppose) so we booked on the next course which was 30/7/11/ waited the 13 days for the results.scanned them asap and waited for them to request police checks and medicals.

thanks.

Not sure but as I believe it you was cat 3 before July changes and this is when you got your CO as you was a higher priority then I think this would explain things