New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest SunPrincess

Wow what a day for grants eh, congratulations to everyone who has had good news! Sounds terrible but I'm glad some of us are off the waiting list and have their visa's so looks like there is progress......although it's also really disappointing to hear about refusals as well as any joy you had about hearing of people getting their grants soon turns to fear that they have said no to people.........I can't stand all this waiting as really doing my nut in!

What a day! Congratulations to everyone that got a grant today!!!

So pleased for you all - you made it through. Now the hardest part is over you can put all your effort into moving across and "living the dream"

Good luck to you and good luck to the rest of us still waiting

Well done to those with visa grants and especially SHandGH for all their hard work on the thread.

Please could you update progress on our part, we completed our medicals on the 11th April and police checks were uploaded 24th. With luck that is everything and we too are in the waiting room.

Does anyone know what final checks are made before they grant your visa? I see mention of phoning your employer but this doesn't seem to be for all applicants?

I would like to know this as well but it seems different for everyone. My employer was contacted this week HR first and then my ward manager, they wanted to confirm my exact job description, duties etc.

ah december (PIO) applicant got co on 21/4 at http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/143465-176-visa-lodged-march-2012-a-56.html

Lets see one more day and another two more days to get (DIAC) updates....

''Hi all,

Newbie to the forum here. I started reading this thread after a google search last weekend when a case officer was assigned and requested Meds and AFP Check (21/4). I had been planning to do these next month - I just wasnt expecting to hear from a case officer so soon as I'm not a 176 - I'm a 175 and applied only December 2011. I'm a Team 4-er, and I can only say from what I've read here and also the fact that I have a CO after such a short time (ok so I am biased), that they must be a tremendous team and doing really great work. Is it ok if I join you all on this thread? I'm hoping that now that CO is assigned, there is not going to be much difference in processing time for my 175 as opposed to 176... in which case I may only be a very short time away from grant (or rather pre-grant in my case as I'm in Melbourne). The only things requested by CO were AFP Check and Meds; online status shows everything else as "met" including character/penal clearance (overseas police cert had been previously uploaded). I did the meds on 24/4, and sent my AFP Application by express post 23/4, so I'm really hoping that both come back soon and that I see the medicals go to 'finalised' and the AFP NPC go to 'met'. The early CO assignment really knocked me.. I have heaps of work to do and also 2 exams to prepare for (heaps of reading), but now all I can think about is visa grant and having PR, so now addicted to checking the 'online status' on DIAC to see if medicals received (not yet), reading the updates on this thread to see how everyone else is progressing, checking Qantas for my possible travel dates for a hop to NZ when pre-grant comes (thankfully no visa required for visit to NZ - as on waiver list) and I'll also be checking the postbox every morning for the AFP cert (even though the AFP website says 15 working days).

Not sure whether I'm supposed to be wishing you all to get your grants tomorrow or not - the jinx / reverse-jinx so maybe I can avoid the jinx issue by just saying that I hope all in this thread have an exceptionally great day tomorrow. :)"

Guest swami086

Hi Guys , finally after waiting for 2 weeks I got a mail from my Case officer today asking for employment evidence , pcc and medicals.. I ve got a question regarding the " employment evidence" Do I need to submit the pay slips for the entire experience period i.e 12 months or can I just do away with a few pay slips and then have the salary and employment details stated on the company letter head ? ( this I already have ). The thing is I dont have the pay slips for all the 12 months and for retrieving all of the pay slips , i need to go to my previous company , which i really want to avoid..I ve troubled them enough already to issue the employment letters .. Anyone out here has any suggestions ?? or faced a similar thingi.. Would much appreciate your comments on this. Thanks a ton guys..

Guest sadupops

Here is the thing in my case. on my application i said i was very competent in English but did not provide any proof (IELTS results) this was in august when i filled out the application. but i had booked the exam in September of 2011 and i took the exam and passed. the thing is could my application be rejected for this?

Guest NatsB
Hi Guys , finally after waiting for 2 weeks I got a mail from my Case officer today asking for employment evidence , pcc and medicals.. I ve got a question regarding the " employment evidence" Do I need to submit the pay slips for the entire experience period i.e 12 months or can I just do away with a few pay slips and then have the salary and employment details stated on the company letter head ? ( this I already have ). The thing is I dont have the pay slips for all the 12 months and for retrieving all of the pay slips , i need to go to my previous company , which i really want to avoid..I ve troubled them enough already to issue the employment letters .. Anyone out here has any suggestions ?? or faced a similar thingi.. Would much appreciate your comments on this. Thanks a ton guys..

Do you have your p60 and p45 tax forms? Or copies of tax returns?

We sent in all our p60 forms, and then a couple of payslips from each year. this was in addition to the letter from HR.

Our application has not been approved yet, but we have not been asked for any further proof either. HR was contacted three weeks ago to confirm continued employment.

Guest NatsB

As far as I am aware, you can do the English test any time up until your application is processed. You can also resit it to get a higher mark and more points. EDIT: this information is wrong - see next post

However I thought you needed to put the test result number on your visa application form?

I have to say that the reports of visa refusal are second hand, and I can't believe DIAC rejected the one application on the basis of 3 days difference on a result form. I think there is probably a lot more to the story than we know.

Take positive reassurance that on this thread we have all had reasonable case officers, and fair decisions. And it's all first hand reports.

Edited by NatsB

Guest sadupops

I remember that is the only flaw with my application in that i took the English exam a month after. I am have not heard anything from the CO in regards to my application. august 19 2011. i think those that are refused visa don't wait this long to know that they are refused right?

Guest NatsB

Actually.. Sorry I was wrong. The test needs to have been sat before submission.

For all skilled migration points tested visas, the threshold English language requirement will becompetent English, which is a minimum score of 6 in each of the four components of the InternationalEnglish Language Testing System (IELTS) test or other language test specified by the Minister. Whileno points will be awarded for competent English, applicants who have obtained this score are able toapply for a visa as long as they meet the other threshold visa requirements.

Applicants who hold a valid passport and are citizens of the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand,the United States of America or the Republic of Ireland are deemed to meet competent Englishlanguage requirement.

To claim points for proficient or superior English language all applicants, including citizens ofUnited Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America or the Republic of Ireland,will need to complete an English language test. The test must be completed before the visaapplication is lodged.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/points-test.pdf

Guest sadupops

going back we will have to see and it may depend upon the leniency of the CO.DIAC.

I have 30 points for age ( 25 - 32)

I have 10 for english (7.5* ILETS if that counts)

i have 10 for having a masters degree)

i have 15 for work experience and i started working in 2005 (fulltime but for 3 months) but full time continuous July of 2006 to date

I also got VIC SS but that was after 175 application so doesn't count unless i applied for 176

so I can only hope all goes well.

Edited by sadupops

Hi. Been following this thread religiously everyday since we submitted our 175 app in March. Just a bit puzzled re: pcc's. When we submitted our online application it gave us 28 days to obatain the pcc's! Why is everyone else able to wait until their CO requests them :S we will probably have to get them done again because we wont be able to validate our visa (presuming we get one) before April next year and they will be out of date!

Please turn us purple, visa granted today 26/04/12. No email yet but status change confirms this. I can't believe it, I am in total shock.

Congratualtions to Brielly and ShandGH!!

I think this is the week for grants.

Good Luck everyone on the next hurdle, thanks so much for this site it has been very helpful!!

Many Congrats muirzoid !!!

Will turn you puple tomorrow. I'm travelling with work and my work laptop doesn't let me do complicated things like turning my friends purple.

Guest muirzoid
Hi Everyone.

We have good news. 26/04/2012 - Now have Case Officer.

We are booked in for our meds tomorrow.

Congratulations, hopefully it is followed with a quick grant!!

Guest NatsB

Who is taking the night shift with me tonight? Counting down the hours till the Adelaide office opens..

Worked for some lucky people last night... Guess I can make some coffee if it helped yesterday :wink:

I will have a go early hours as having to contact possible employers for further information on advertised posts. Not expecting anything as not all medicals finalised but that's how insane I am at the moment!!!! Will get the coffee on now!!! Hope you have some promising news. Feeling twitchy on all this talk of refused grants...will go and check my points again just for some further torment. I hope this ends soon as I am sure I have aged since application in October! CO allocations still on a roll also...congrats to thegigg5. Also amazed that SHandGH can hold down a job with all these recent updates lol!!!!

Who is taking the night shift with me tonight? Counting down the hours till the Adelaide office opens..

Worked for some lucky people last night... Guess I can make some coffee if it helped yesterday :wink:

I always intend to take the late shift but never make it much passed 11pm...tonight will be different, definitely up for it!

:SLEEP:maybe!