New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hey Camilla -

I feel like frontloading my meds. Have you noticed that all who have frontloaded their meds have gotten direct grants? What do you think?? :wideeyed:

I wonder if that makes a difference?

I asked my agent last week whether its worth doing, but she still advises to wait because of its validity. It would be interesting if you got a direct grant if you front loaded these docs instead of waiting for a CO first.

I wonder if that makes a difference?

I asked my agent last week whether its worth doing, but she still advises to wait because of its validity. It would be interesting if you got a direct grant if you front loaded these docs instead of waiting for a CO first.

The thing is that I've already uploaded my PCC's, so I'm already on the clock. But, I'm only concerned because what if the CO doesn't like my documents? Then I wasted the money getting the meds. That's the only thing that's holding me back, otherwise I would have gotten my meds by now.

Hey Camilla -

I feel like frontloading my meds. Have you noticed that all who have frontloaded their meds have gotten direct grants? What do you think?? :wideeyed:

Yes, I think it is a good idea.

I did it.

A former 175 applicant told me it is not worth waiting to much : meds will be ok 12 months after being received by DIAC. :wubclub:

ie you will have to arrive in Oz before 12 months (ie before May 2013)

:biggrin:

It is tempting, which is why I asked my agent. But my application wasn't lodged until December so may be jumping the gun a little.

I think I might wait until I start seeing some activity in December to book meds. I have the PCC forms printed which I will make sure is ready to send again in line with seeing some movement.

Everytime you or Camilla222 post on this thread my heart jumps as I think you've had some good news!

It is tempting, which is why I asked my agent. But my application wasn't lodged until December so may be jumping the gun a little.

I think I might wait until I start seeing some activity in December to book meds. I have the PCC forms printed which I will make sure is ready to send again in line with seeing some movement.

Everytime you or Camilla222 post on this thread my heart jumps as I think you've had some good news!

Thank you for your reply, Jit7. Really kind one. :em4400:

I think you also have a wise strategy.:wubclub:

Agents are quite rightly very cautious and duty bound to make sure you don't spend money unnecessarily. They will always instruct their customers to do things in sequence so that if you are unsuccessful at any stage along the way you won't have spent money unnecessarily. You take a chance when you do things out of sequence i.e., front-loading meds and PCCs. For example if you were concerned about meeting skills or language assesment requirements then you would not apply for a visa until you had passed this stage. Some people spend up to £1000 for their family's meds so they might not want to attend until instructed to do so by their CO, just in case there's an issue with their application and a delay in processing. Many people take a chance and front-load their meds and PCC. If you are in a hurry to get to Oz, are unconcerned about your appllication's accuracy and expect to pass your meds without issue then front-loading meds can be a good idea. Conversely if you are not in a hurry to get to Oz, are even slightly concerned about you application or suspect you might not pass you meds then wait for instruction from your CO. Personally I had planned to front-load but got assigned a CO before I thought I would. (Definitely not complaining about that).

Agents are quite rightly very cautious and duty bound to make sure you don't spend money unnecessarily. They will always instruct their customers to do things in sequence so that if you are unsuccessful at any stage along the way you won't have spent money unnecessarily. You take a chance when you do things out of sequence i.e., front-loading meds and PCCs. For example if you were concerned about meeting skills or language assesment requirements then you would not apply for a visa until you had passed this stage. Some people spend up to £1000 for their family's meds so they might not want to attend until instructed to do so by their CO, just in case there's an issue with their application and a delay in processing. Many people take a chance and front-load their meds and PCC. If you are in a hurry to get to Oz, are unconcerned about your appllication's accuracy and expect to pass your meds without issue then front-loading meds can be a good idea. Conversely if you are not in a hurry to get to Oz, are even slightly concerned about you application or suspect you might not pass you meds then wait for instruction from your CO. Personally I had planned to front-load but got assigned a CO before I thought I would. (Definitely not complaining about that).

Good sum up SHandGH !!:biggrin::yes:

I would go tomorrow if I could :cute:

But being realistic, I think we would need 3-6 months to sort everything out in the UK and say our goodbyes after we get the visa. Plus it depends on whether we can get jobs from here (husband to get a transfer) or whether we have to find jobs in Oz for ourselves.

I think I will book meds though in May just so that I feel like I'm doing something

As of this morning, all meds are finalised for us too - including my referred ones.

I'm hoping the email about "4 weeks" is a maximum estimate - its the same time frame given to us to respond for our documents (28 days). Also, in fairness, Jambos was not told why/what paperwork was going to take 4 weeks, could be specific to their application/occupation/( Jambos - isn't yours family sponsored?)

But it's a nice long week ahead... We're getting there!

Hi Nats yes ours is a family sponsored all our meds are showing finalised now so we're neck and neck may we both win very soon :laugh:

Hi everyone!

Delighted that diac seem to be still moving on. Hope that all those Nov applicants get their cos soon.

Thought I'd give a quick update on our meds - had them on Sat. All were sent off to Oz except our daughter's (she has many issues which have more or less been resolved) and the doctor felt I needed different consultant letters.

Feel a bit deflated tbh - spent the last fortnight talking to answer machines and begging medical secretaries for letters and just when I thought I had it we have to start again. She has so many consultants its a nightmare... and not all are as fortcoming with info as others.

Panic is rising - I've taken a voluntary redundancy at work (primary teacher) effective as of 31st August. Now am worrying that we'll end up visaless and jobless:cry: The doc thought that on paper she sounds pretty complex but was struck by how bright and 'normal' she is. Just hoping these new letters will reflect this (was on phone all day torturing medical staff again!) I'm pretty sure my phone numbers flagged on the hospital system at this stage lol.

Any advice?

For example if you were concerned about meeting skills or language assesment requirements then you would not apply for a visa until you had passed this stage. [ ...... ] Conversely if you are not in a hurry to get to Oz, are even slightly concerned about you application or suspect you might not pass you meds then wait for instruction from your CO. Personally I had planned to front-load but got assigned a CO before I thought I would. (Definitely not complaining about that).

But do they check your points and documents before or after they ask for your meds and PCC's?

I ask because I read about someone who had everything changed to "Met" after being asked for their meds and PCC's. But then, after they underwent further checks, they were told that they didn't have enough points. So even after the meds were uploaded, they were still denied the visa.

Edited by Sol2Oz

But do they check your points and documents before or after they ask for your meds and PCC's?

I ask because I read about someone who had everything changed to "Met" after being asked for their meds and PCC's. But then, after they underwent further checks, they were told that they didn't have enough points. So even after the meds were uploaded, they were still denied the visa.

I don't think COs look at anything until PCCs are uploaded and meds are examined by the medical team in Sydney and their status changed to "Met". It is more efficient to do this as a fail in either meds or PCC mean that the application is declared invalid and DIAC will not have wasted resources by examining the other documents in the application. As a future Australian taxpayer I have to hope such efficiencies are practiced.

As regards points, migration agents will always ensure certainty that the points required will be met by the applicant before starting the process. Individual applicants would also need to be equally certain of achieving the required points before applying.

Edited by SHandGH

Hi everyone,

just wanted to write a short update.. still no news for us :cry::cry::cry: still not a single word from CO about grants or any additional documents requirements..

Congratulations to everyone who got their COs and grants since the last time I wrote here. Good luck to all of you in upcoming days, hope it'll be a good week..

I don't think COs look at anything until PCCs are uploaded and meds are examined by the medical team in Sydney and their status changed to "Met". It is more efficient to do this as a fail in either meds or PCC mean that the application is declared invalid and DIAC will not have wasted resources by examining the other documents in the application. As a future Australian taxpayer I have to hope such efficiencies are practiced.

As regards points, migration agents will always ensure certainty that the points required will be met by the applicant before starting the process. Individual applicants would also need to be equally certain of achieving the required points before applying.

We were specifically asked for childrens birth certificates as well as PCC and medicals so documents must be examined prior to these being uploaded otherwise the CO would not have known what to request????

We were specifically asked for childrens birth certificates as well as PCC and medicals so documents must be examined prior to these being uploaded otherwise the CO would not have known what to request????

I think SHandGH was talking about document verification and the CO literally sitting down and examining to see if the documents can give you the points you claim.

In any case, I kind of disagree with SHandGH because some people are asked for medicals and pcc's, which will then be marked as "required" while the other documents are seen as "met".

But I think that each CO works differently, so who knows at this point.

Anywayyyyssss, if no one here gets a CO or grant t'night, then we're going to have to wait until Wednesday night, as tomorrow is ANZAC day, and a public holiday. :err:

I wonder why you are still left behind. Have you called DIAC to find out abt your allocation ??

this wait is getting unbearable! the only reason i am still a bit sane is because i still have 2 PCCs and my medicals to upload. once all that stuff is done (hopefully by thursday), i will have nothing else to do but wait for allocation... then i will truly go out of my mind!

Hi, My name is Oppyddrum and i am about to lose my mind!

Guest sadupops

For people that are denied visa and rejected. when do they know of their fate? is it when they are allocated CO's shortly after or they wait for the complete 18 months?

For people that are denied visa and rejected. when do they know of their fate? is it when they are allocated CO's shortly after or they wait for the complete 18 months?

I have only ever heard of one member whose visa was denied, dinkydoo. They were rejected as soon as they got a CO due to insufficient work experience.

Hi Sol2Oz - Do you have the link?

Guest greo2908

Hi everyone

just wanted to finally say "turn me purple!!"

I have received our visa grant from DIAC this morning. No more restless nights for me!!! The downside is we now have a massive list of things to do in the next three-four weeks before we fly out to Brisbane!

To all those that are in the waiting room or awaiting case officers I feel your pain but all good things come to those who wait!!

Many thanks to all the contributors, especially SHandGH - I'm sure your grant is imminent too - fingers crossed for you!!

James