New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi and welcome to the thread. Your details have been added to the first page and spreadsheet. Good Luck!

Add me Plz

Name: Day N Nite

Destination: Melboure

Date of Visa application: 17/03/2012

Nationality:Guyanese

High / Low Risk:HR

Trade / Profession: Mechanical Engineer

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: Offshore

Processing Priority Group (Category): Group 4

Date Medicals submitted:

Date Police check submitted:

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

After reading Flagged Occupations list, I am on pins and needles waiting for CO Allocation and eventually the visa grant.

New SOL should not effect any of us. Fingers crossed.

what is this about flagged occupations list? can u please upload the link to this list? and if one's occupation is taken off the list after the application has been put in, should one still be affected by that change? shouldnt it be from the point where the change happened on?

Guest obelixous

The HR at my company just got a phone call from the Aus High Commission and a mail regarding job verification. My agent asked me to be prepared to receive a call too.

Current status:

1. Vetassess qualification assessment application filed last weekend

2. Reply to CO regarding proof of employment will go out today

3. Verification call and email from Aus High Commission to HR. Email reply sent back by HR.

Now waiting for:

1. Vetassess assessment. Any idea on time frames for this???

2. Verification call to myself

Happy Monday All,

I got me a CO this morning..... and yes you are reading right..... 1st August applicant!

Wife is expecting in June so received a request for more info regarding baby's passport photo, birth cert etc after the birth so have emailed back for a little clarification as i'm a tad confused! Having read the email over and over I beleive they have asked for my police checks and Form 80 withi 28 days, and then the medicals and passport particulars of baby after the birth.

"HEALTH REQUIREMENTSUndergoing the Health Assessment for your Visa

Once your child is born all applicants will be required to undergo a health assessment(s) to

determine if you meet the health requirement for the grant of an Australian permanent visa."

Anyone else had anything similar?

Guest jaffas1
Happy Monday All,

I got me a CO this morning..... and yes you are reading right..... 1st August applicant!

Wife is expecting in June so received a request for more info regarding baby's passport photo, birth cert etc after the birth so have emailed back for a little clarification as i'm a tad confused! Having read the email over and over I beleive they have asked for my police checks and Form 80 withi 28 days, and then the medicals and passport particulars of baby after the birth.

Once your child is born all applicants will be required to undergo a health assessment(s) to

determine if you meet the health requirement for the grant of an Australian permanent visa."

Congratulations p12aks! :biggrin: I believe from other posts that if your partner is pregnant you do the medicals when the baby is born.

Happy Monday All,

Congratulations!!! have a great day

Guest NatsB
Happy Monday All,

Hi, we are also expecting in June - congrats!

Our occupation is flagged and might come off the sol on 1 July, so we have decided to go ahead with our medicals now and apply for a separate visa for the new baby - these are booked for early April.

We don't have a CO yet, but we are not too far behind you.

Nats

Hi, we are also expecting in June - congrats!

Our occupation is flagged and might come off the sol on 1 July, so we have decided to go ahead with our medicals now and apply for a separate visa for the new baby - these are booked for early April.

We don't have a CO yet, but we are not too far behind you.

Nats

Hi NatsB,

Many thanks and congrats to you too.... you also applied as an accountant right? Can i asked where you got the info on the occupation being flagged? Got me a little worried now!

Congratulations :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:You are now Pink. Good Luck!

Name: p12aks

Destination:

Date of Visa application: 01/08/2011

Nationality: British

High / Low Risk: LR

Trade / Profession: Gen Accountant

Visa Type: 175

Onshore / Offshore: OFFSHORE

Priority Processing Group (Category): 4

Date Medicals submitted: NO

Date Police check submitted: NO

Date CO assigned: 19/03/2012

Date of employment verification (If applicable): NO

Date visa granted:NO

The HR at my company just got a phone call from the Aus High Commission and a mail regarding job verification. My agent asked me to be prepared to receive a call too.

Current status:

3. Verification call and email from Aus High Commission to HR. Email reply sent back by HR.

Now waiting for:

Edited by SHandGH

Guest NatsB
Hi NatsB,

Many thanks and congrats to you too.... you also applied as an accountant right? Can i asked where you got the info on the occupation being flagged? Got me a little worried now!

http://www.skillsaustralia.gov.au/labour-market-information/skilled-occupation-list/flagged-occupations/flagged-occupations.html

Honestly, accounts is on the state sponsored list for just about every state, so we have weighed up the possibility of having to reapply as state sponsored, vs the cost of a separate visa for the baby. We have various medical professionals who are friends and spoke to doctors, midwife and the clinic regarding the X-ray requirements, and we decided to get the visas now and know we have them for certain than go through reapplying and hassle later if accounts comes off the list.

I don't believe we couldn't get in any more, it would just be more hassle.

Nats

Guest vickey1
http://www.skillsaustralia.gov.au/labour-market-information/skilled-occupation-list/flagged-occupations/flagged-occupations.html

Honestly, accounts is on the state sponsored list for just about every state, so we have weighed up the possibility of having to reapply as state sponsored, vs the cost of a separate visa for the baby. We have various medical professionals who are friends and spoke to doctors, midwife and the clinic regarding the X-ray requirements, and we decided to get the visas now and know we have them for certain than go through reapplying and hassle later if accounts comes off the list.

I don't believe we couldn't get in any more, it would just be more hassle.

Nats

Few occupations are flagged. But it doesnt mean that for 100% sure those occupations will be removed from new SOL of 2012.

Guest NatsB
Few occupations are flagged. But it doesnt mean that for 100% sure those occupations will be removed from new SOL of 2012.

True, but it's possible.

So for myself, I would rather do it now and think it was a waste...than be kicking myself on1st of July.

Nats

Edit to add... I actually don't think accounts will come off... But I'm not willing to stake our application on it.

Edited by NatsB
Additional info

Happy Monday All,

Congratulations!! It's so exciting that you have a CO even though you are a August applicant. It makes December sound not too far away now.

Good luck and good luck with the baby too

Current status:

Now waiting for:

I'm curious - why do some people get verification calls and not others? Also, why are you getting your qualifications assessed by Vetassess? I thought ACS would do it for you. Thanks for answering and hope things go well :)

I'm curious - why do some people get verification calls and not others? Also, why are you getting your qualifications assessed by Vetassess? I thought ACS would do it for you. Thanks for answering and hope things go well :)

Good question Sol2Oz. I too am curious on the "why some people get verification calls and not others" point but you managed to put my curiosity into words....

Guest sadupops

I do not see software engineers in the flagged occupations list. can someone confirm that? yeah the best thing with applying for immigration/permanent residency is that once you qualify and have all the points APPLY ASAP/immediately as things are changing and from my experience they are becoming stricter and narrowing things down that fewer and fewer people will qualify.

I think that DIAC do not contact the employers of all applicants because there simply would not be time considering the vast number of applications. They either pick a small percentage of applicants at random or they may select an applicant that has drawn their attention for some reason. My feeling is that applicants are selected completely at random.

what is this about flagged occupations list? can u please upload the link to this list? and if one's occupation is taken off the list after the application has been put in, should one still be affected by that change? shouldnt it be from the point where the change happened on?

somebody? anybody? i am confused abt this whole flagged occupations list business. are you saying if the occupation is removed after you applied, you will still be affected? like if im not allocated by july and my occupation gets taken off... what then happens?

Guest breilly
somebody? anybody? i am confused abt this whole flagged occupations list business. are you saying if the occupation is removed after you applied, you will still be affected? like if im not allocated by july and my occupation gets taken off... what then happens?

Yes I'm afraid so, I'm pretty sure this is why some people get moved to cat 5, some people have waited years for that very reason, that their occupation has been removed from the sol list... unfair I know :huh:

The current SOL dated July 2011 is the only reference being used by DIAC at the moment. There will be an updated SOL in 2012, probably in July. It is not helpful to speculate as what occupations will be added or removed from for the 2012 list. DIAC are currently in the middle of a consultation process with industries and organisations in Australia so they dont even yet know how the 2012 list will be shaped. Any occupations "Flagged" for removal by non-government organisations cannot be relied upon. I hope DIAC will be processing all Cat 4 applicants before July 2012 and hopefully even moving on to some Cat 5 applicants. Those who apply in May / June 2012 will probably find themselves being assessed with reference to the 2012 SOL.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

Edited by SHandGH

The current SOL dated July 2011 is the only reference being used by DIAC at the moment. There will be an updated SOL in 2012, probably in July. It is not helpful to speculate as what occupations will be added or removed from for the 2012 list. DIAC are currently in the middle of a consultation process with industries and organisations in Australia so they dont even yet know how the 2012 list will be shaped. Any occupations "Flagged" for removal by non-government organisations cannot be relied upon. I hope DIAC will be processing all Cat 4 applicants before July 2012 and hopefully even moving on to some Cat 5 applicants. Those who apply in May / June 2012 will probably find themselves being assessed with reference to the 2012 SOL.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1-2.pdf

@breilly: unfair doesn't even begin to describe it.

@SHandGH: Thanks... i hope you are right. there is so much info out there, some more credible than others, but they all have a way of twisting my insides when they predict doom. i need to learn not to let myself be thrown off by these randoms. And i do hope cat 4 processing starts before july 2012. i need to take a chill pill.

Thanks Guys!!!