New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

I had a word with the GSM enquiry lane earlier today...the lady basically repeated what has been going on in this thread for the last few days i.e. DIAC is still having a slow period due to the christmas holidays

Thats a relief twister292! Thanks for checking and putting our minds at rest. :rolleyes:

I had a word with the GSM enquiry lane earlier today...the lady basically repeated what has been going on in this thread for the last few days i.e. DIAC is still having a slow period due to the christmas holidays

Good to know that's the reason for the slow progress and not something more serious!!!

Hello All,

Thought I would poke my nose in and say hello and tell you all what we have been up to since we got our visa.

I got offered a job a week ago and I start the middle of February. We leave the U.K on 8th on the one way flights. We have booked arrival accommodation at a holiday village on the gold coast, so from their we will find a rental and start our new lives down under. sorting everything out is quite stressfull and seems to take over your mind so be perpaired for some more sleepless nights.

It all works out in the end.

Thats a relief twister292! Thanks for checking and putting our minds at rest. :rolleyes:

LOL...I was inclined to use some choice words on the phone along the lines of there being a need for them to get off their backsides...but grilling the enquiry line attendants wouldnt be very helpful, and I dont want them to come to my file in a grumpy mood...I dont want the CO to look at my file and read a note saying "told CSR to get off their lazy bums" :biggrin:

It has been 3+ weeks since Christmas. The holidays should be coming to an end.

Of course, it's summer in Oz, so I understand a lot of people take time off, but DIAC shouldn't authorize so much time off where it jams everything up like this.

Oh well, lets hope things improve over the next week or two... Nothing to do but wait.

Hello All,

Thought I would poke my nose in and say hello and tell you all what we have been up to since we got our visa.

I got offered a job a week ago and I start the middle of February. We leave the U.K on 8th on the one way flights. We have booked arrival accommodation at a holiday village on the gold coast, so from their we will find a rental and start our new lives down under. sorting everything out is quite stressfull and seems to take over your mind so be perpaired for some more sleepless nights.

Hi anlopa,

Glad everything is going well, it has been a while since we saw you on here. I bet it has been hectic for you. Have you been to the gold coast before? We went for a holiday 2 years ago and fell in love with the place. We will be heading there once our visa is approved (fingers crossed) xx

Wish you the best mate and good start with your new life in OZ :wubclub: it has to be so excited finally leave the UK.

Hello All,

LOL...I was inclined to use some choice words on the phone along the lines of there being a need for them to get off their backsides...but grilling the enquiry line attendants wouldnt be very helpful, and I dont want them to come to my file in a grumpy mood...I dont want the CO to look at my file and read a note saying "told CSR to get off their lazy bums" :biggrin:

Oh, I am so all for extra time off even if it jams up the timeline!! :biggrin: Let me tell you something or two about time off: I live for it! So I can perfectly understand and completely empathise if the whole dam office takes off, cause I wish that were me!

Oh that is so great, to know you have tomorrow and the next few days off - do you know what it's like to get a paid day off?? Oh my, I cannot even begin to express such glee here on this forum!! :ssign11:

you can't be far off now.

I am not sure dear anlopa,because my CO is enjoying the summer time and most probably surfing maybe in Golden Coast!!please let him know on February that it would be lovely if he would start again working!!!

Guest The6OfUs
Hi All,

How have we fared this week???? CO's and Visas for all????:hug:

JTC

wouldn't that be great!!! lol!!!

Does anyone know why they seem to be processing 176 family sponsers and 175 within similar timeframes?? I thought 176 were cat 3, and should be MUCH faster than us old slowies on the 175 route?? Is this the case also with state sponser 176?? I'm confused!!! :wacko: x

wouldn't that be great!!! lol!!!

Does anyone know why they seem to be processing 176 family sponsers and 175 within similar timeframes?? I thought 176 were cat 3, and should be MUCH faster than us old slowies on the 175 route?? Is this the case also with state sponser 176?? I'm confused!!! :wacko: x

176SS is higher priority than 175 and 176 Family, so they get processed first... 175 and 176Family are same priority... after SS

Guest The6OfUs
176SS is higher priority than 175 and 176 Family, so they get processed first... 175 and 176Family are same priority... after SS

Thanks Heidim! I didn't realise that, in fact I thought all sponserships of some sort were in the same category! :notworthy: