New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Considering that a lot of applicants got COs recently, there might be a lull in this...COs will start taking on more apps when they discharge some of the work already on their desks.

(I was told this by DIAC on the phone...apparently I'm supposed to get a CO soon, and my app has been batched for allocation, but they're waiting for COs to free up from their existing work)

Considering that a lot of applicants got COs recently, there might be a lull in this...COs will start taking on more apps when they discharge some of the work already on their desks.

(I was told this by DIAC on the phone...apparently I'm supposed to get a CO soon, and my app has been batched for allocation, but they're waiting for COs to free up from their existing work)

When did you apply?

DIAC is still granting visas, but CO allocation for Cat 4's seems to have died off.

Hopefully they're up and running next week after allocating some visas. I know June is a big month, but does anyone have any information on exactly how many people applied in June?

They may be allocating, but there may be so many June applicants that no one on this site got one... I saw one Cat 4 June applicant (June 28) get a CO as of 6 January on Beupdate, but no one else. June might be a very big month indeed. Bad news for me as a July applicant.

Maybe they have stopped allocating cat 4 offshore as they don't want to start processing cat 5 offshore and might be planning to cap and cease them as they have done before. I hope I am wrong but with these guys you never know.

Or they simply may be waiting on some COs to free up...

Guest myhillg
14 dec.

DIAC's website says "within 4 weeks of lodgement" for onshore 885s to get a CO.

I applied 03/12 for an 885, so in the same boat as you. Everything was front loaded - so hopefully we can look for a direct grant in the next couple of weeks! fingers crossed, let us know how you get on!

Guest The6OfUs
DIAC is still granting visas, but CO allocation for Cat 4's seems to have died off.

Hopefully they're up and running next week after allocating some visas. I know June is a big month, but does anyone have any information on exactly how many people applied in June?

They may be allocating, but there may be so many June applicants that no one on this site got one... I saw one Cat 4 June applicant (June 28) get a CO as of 6 January on Beupdate, but no one else. June might be a very big month indeed. Bad news for me as a July applicant.

I agree with hmsmark. I spoke to our agent and she said to expect a slow down due to the sheer numbers of June applicants who applied before the July 2011 changes, along with CO's on leave due to the school summer holidays. This could well be indicative of the current slow down.

She also mentioned that the DIAC had system changes in July 2011 that changes the way the CO's see the information for each case, which may slow them down a little for a while, (just while they get used to the new system really), however this is meant to make processing quicker in the long run!

Fingers crossed for a better week! I think we'd all appreciate a sign that things are moving albeit not as fast as before!!!!

All the best to everyone! :hug:

Guest richboy

Hi everyone. I am new to the board and as such have not YET applied for my 175, but I will be as soon as I can*

I have only started looking into this (and am pretty depressed about it now - am in Perth and my 417 runs out in June. Based on what I have been reading it seems like I have left this a bit late).

Anyway, just a few quick questions (it might help to add that I am a Secondary School teacher and my wife is a nurse. We are in our early 30s from the UK and are both working over here in our professions):

1. The cost - I believe it will be $2,960 TOTAL for myself and my wife. Am I correct?

(Lots of people are telling me I am wrong and that there is a second instalment of $4,110 (making it $7,070). As I understand it we will only have to pay the first instalment, however - the second is for dependents not fluent in English I believe?)

2. What (and I realise I am talking ballpark figures here) is the rough total per person of all the other costs involved (police, health checks etc).

3. What (again roughly) is the timescale of getting all the bits and bobs together?

I think I should be able to do this quickly as I am already in Oz and am already recognised by the relevant professional bodies over here, as is my wife (I'm a teacher and she's a nurse)

4. As I will be applying onshore (so will have to leave and come back when it is granted), can you tell me how to go about exiting and returning to Oz for the visa grant?:

- Is it as simple as the authorities telling me I must not be here on a certain date?

- How much warning are you given?

- Could it be as simple as a run to Bali over the weekend?

5. In the meantime we may have to go on a 457 visa (in my wife's name). Will this affect the 175 application (in my name) in any way?

* so when I have the ball rolling (hopefully soon) you could add this to the first page:

Name: Rich

Destination: Perth (region)

Date of Visa application: ?

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Teacher (+ nurse)

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: ?

Police check submitted: ?

Date CO assigned: ?

Date of employment verification (If applicable): ?

Date visa granted: ?

Guest Rakeshpatel

1) your wife need to get 4.5 band in IELTS , OR needs to show that she did study in English medium.

2) Max 300 $

3) 4-8 Months

4) No Idea , but they gives enough time.

5) I think it will not affect , better read it from DIAC site.

Hi everyone. I am new to the board and as such have not YET applied for my 175, but I will be as soon as I can*

I have only started looking into this (and am pretty depressed about it now - am in Perth and my 417 runs out in June. Based on what I have been reading it seems like I have left this a bit late).

Anyway, just a few quick questions (it might help to add that I am a Secondary School teacher and my wife is a nurse. We are in our early 30s from the UK and are both working over here in our professions):

1. The cost - I believe it will be $2,960 TOTAL for myself and my wife. Am I correct?

(Lots of people are telling me I am wrong and that there is a second instalment of $4,110 (making it $7,070). As I understand it we will only have to pay the first instalment, however - the second is for dependents not fluent in English I believe?)

2. What (and I realise I am talking ballpark figures here) is the rough total per person of all the other costs involved (police, health checks etc).

3. What (again roughly) is the timescale of getting all the bits and bobs together?

I think I should be able to do this quickly as I am already in Oz and am already recognised by the relevant professional bodies over here, as is my wife (I'm a teacher and she's a nurse)

4. As I will be applying onshore (so will have to leave and come back when it is granted), can you tell me how to go about exiting and returning to Oz for the visa grant?:

- Is it as simple as the authorities telling me I must not be here on a certain date?

5. In the meantime we may have to go on a 457 visa (in my wife's name). Will this affect the 175 application (in my name) in any way?

* so when I have the ball rolling (hopefully soon) you could add this to the first page:

Name: Rich

Destination: Perth (region)

Date of Visa application: ?

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: Low

Trade/profession: Teacher (+ nurse)

Visa type: 175

Onshore/offshore: Onshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):

Post-14th July Category: 4

Medicals submitted: ?

Police check submitted: ?

Date CO assigned: ?

Date of employment verification (If applicable): ?

Date visa granted: ?

Thats correct I think...AU$2960.

Australian police checks cost AU$45 each from memory (plus postage, fees for issuing money order/bank draft etc), Medicals for PR cost AU$317 per person in Australia.

If your 417 runs out, and the 175 hasnt been decided by then, you will need to depart from Aus.

Bear in mind that based on current timeframes, there seems to be a 7-month trail between applying for a 175 and getting a CO (roughly).

If you get the 457 before the 417 lapses, you will be able to stay in aus and will need to leave only when the CO tells you to.

Guest AndyH78

Morning all, long time no post.

Got a case officer back on 31/10/11, was given 70 days.

Finally got my meds done on Friday, a little over the 70 day deadline but I'd kept my case officer informed as to why.

Now everything seems to be uploaded, all medical results are finalised.

Everything is showing as 'met' apart from the kids medicals for some reason.

So, I guess, I'm in the waiting room. I'm expecting it to be a short stay.

Now begins the hard work, reconvincing the wife that we should actually go.......

Guest Rakeshpatel

Guys ,

I am bit worried about Job verification call.

Can anyone share his recent experience ?

What they generally ask to HR ?

Roles & responsibility ?

Thanks

Rakesh

Rahul one guy got CO on 13th Jan , see below timeline sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0AmMHTHNzXsXNdG1leVliMHFTWDkxcUlxY204N0ZXTEE&output=html