Favourite Childhood Film/Programme

Guest guest30085

Guest guest30085

I had a wonderful nights sleep last night :mad::arghh: so have been sat downstairs for about two hours in a sort of trance like state :eek:

Anyway, after about one hour I realised that the noise emanating from the big black box in the corner of the room were in fact programmes aimed at 2-4 year olds :wideeyed: (Not that I am capable of participating in anything more grown up at the moment - Im only on my second boost of caffeine)

Whilst waiting for the cogs to slowly start turning, I thought I may try to broaden my education by watching the aforementioned programmes . . . and ended up thinking how woefully we educate our children these days (especially with enhancing Speech Production):-

[YOUTUBE]VujjtKYUEiA[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mp9TZ8dVbxk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

So, this has got me thinking about the wonderful programmes from my childhood and how much more educational they were:-

[YOUTUBE]FZbNR5dgUlk[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]c3DcChXNyYQ[/YOUTUBE]

And my all time favourite, this was may I add, repeated in the 70's/80's, Im not that old :eek::laugh:

[YOUTUBE]-5i_pEYGe1o[/YOUTUBE]

So, theres the proof of my argument, the TV of my childhood has been far more educational than todays programmes, I learnt all about Biology and Gender differences (See Rainbow) and I know which Mushrooms to avoid (look what it did to those in Magic Roundabout) :laugh: and I also know that if ever I am in danger or feeling low that I will never be on my own . . . . . . as Champion will have my back :notworthy::biglaugh:

What are your favourite TV shows from your childhood? :wink:

Guest guest37336

These are the ones that stand out for me Gill, still bring back some great, great memories for me,:notworthy::notworthy:

[YOUTUBE]EbU5CzPi0zM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CVFcIJWe0zE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9RzCB3VRruE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bV8YbLvGrb0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]NQHB1zd1f5M[/YOUTUBE]

And I wonder why I was a mixed up kid.

Mr Benn (Cross Dresser). Banana Splits (More Psychedelic Drugs Than Ronnie Wood Has Ever Taken.) Thunderbirds (Puppets, Operated By String). Captain Scarlett (Always wanted To Be Captain Black), and finally my favourite of all time, Robinson Crusoe, (The Instigater Of PIO 2)

Cheers Tony.

Guest Gothic Rose

Oh well if Mr Lemming thinks his programmes had an influence on him what about these that I watched :twitcy::biglaugh:

[YOUTUBE]za49g_6gNi0[/YOUTUBE]

The Ghosts of Motley Hall

[YOUTUBE]bX3MezLxOH8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The Tomorrow People

[YOUTUBE]1PVLOC_1Ar4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Catweazel

[YOUTUBE]ihuQFnuxhkY[/YOUTUBE]

Bewitched

[YOUTUBE]DK66hHbwj1c[/YOUTUBE]

Rentaghost

Lizzy Dripping & the Witch,.... about a girl who hung out in graveyards with a Witch...

I also loved Mr Benn

So for me it was anything with a supernatural element, is it any wonder I turned out a Goth :biglaugh:

Guest Gothic Rose

Also watched reruns of

[YOUTUBE]75ENzqGro5A[/YOUTUBE]

The Munsters

[YOUTUBE]kSG87ZAv3yE[/YOUTUBE]

The Addams Family

Guest guest37336

Don't forget Gill, the biggest question of all relating to children's programming.

BLUE PETER or MAGPIE, :idea:

Was always Blue Peter for me, good old John Noakes,:notworthy:, and lets be honest, you can't beat an Elephant having a pooh on live television.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

[YOUTUBE]N_Cj2TtFd_E[/YOUTUBE]

Guest guest37336
Morning K :hug:

:notworthy: Fraggle Rock :notworthy:How could I forget that one :laugh:

Dictionary say's:

See PIO,:biglaugh::goofy:

Great nostalgia with some of these shows!the tomorrow people,totally forgot about that show! was it BLAKES 7..Jenny agutters lovely legs in a short silver skirt,well i WAS a teenager:biggrin:.

The wacky races,mr benn yes:notworthy:,gilligans island

Oh and these:jiggy:,no wonder i grew up damaged in the swede,taking advice off a kid who can talk cat ffs:laugh:

[YOUTUBE]4ZGCEdv5ngg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JFlJFlLkgK0[/YOUTUBE]

Oh well if Mr Lemming thinks his programmes had an influence on him what about these that I watched :twitcy::biglaugh:

[YOUTUBE]za49g_6gNi0[/YOUTUBE]

The Ghosts of Motley Hall

[YOUTUBE]bX3MezLxOH8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

The Tomorrow People

[YOUTUBE]1PVLOC_1Ar4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Catweazel

[YOUTUBE]ihuQFnuxhkY[/YOUTUBE]

Bewitched

[YOUTUBE]DK66hHbwj1c[/YOUTUBE]

Rentaghost

Lizzy Dripping & the Witch,.... about a girl who hung out in graveyards with a Witch...

I also loved Mr Benn

So for me it was anything with a supernatural element, is it any wonder I turned out a Goth :biglaugh:

"The Tommorow People" hit a nostalgic chord with me. I used to rush home from school to watch it. It had me really transfixed...as though I was actually there.

I used to like "Crackerjack". Those poor kids trying to hold all those cabbages when they got a question wrong was hilarious.

Thanks for the memory:cool:

Erica

This is a great thread. I'm having nostalgia overload! How could I forget Vision On.

Tony Heart was my Hero. He would give Neil Buchanan (Art Attack) a run for his money.

I often say "Nice view Petunia"...(but my husband doesn't remember those adverts).

Does anyone remember the advert where Petunia says something like: "Oh look Joe...

there's a man waving...cooeee". She's waving at the poor sod who is actually drowning.

And can you remember the length of their tongues wrapped around their ice cream cornets?

Like lizards tongues. Pure class. Etched in my memory forever!

Erica

Aww used to love Worzel Gummidge and aunt sally:wubclub:

[YOUTUBE]GT-CLEsNR08&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Only ever watch Rainbow because of zippy, he was such a tw-t:laugh:

[YOUTUBE]M62SnbNizIM[/YOUTUBE]

My all time favourite, Buck Rogers:notworthy: Twiki, beedy beedy beedy whats up Buck and Wilma:biggrin: wow did I have a crush on Wilma:wubclub:

[YOUTUBE]CO8kFHCXiEg[/YOUTUBE]

I still want one of those jaunting belts that The Tomorrow Peple used, methinks it would come in very handy :yes:

I watched the Tomorrow People once, and then I couldn't find it again. I found Tomorrow's World - but that was some horrid US soap that just wasn't the same thing.