New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we all are frustrated due to the long wait. It will be 6 years of waiting for me in Dec 2014. I check this forum daily to see if there is a slight hope anywhere. Most of the times I get depressed either because there is no update or there is only bad news. Deep down in the bottom of my heart I know that one day....one day our case will be looked at and the Oz dream will come true. Keep the faith!

"you know you're gonna live thru the rain

Lord you got to keep the faith

Now you know is not too late

Oh you got to keep the faith

don't let your love turn to hate

Right now we got to

Keep the faith

Keep the faith

Keep the faith

Lord we got to keep the faith"

Don't give up and don't lose hope.

I submitted a 175 visa application in 2009 which my migration agent told me should have been processed within 12 months.

Next thing I knew things changed and my application even though it had already been submitted was reassigned to priority 5.

At the end of last year I gave up on the idea of moving to Australia and after paying a few hundred pounds to submit an expression of interest for New Zealand instead, I received an email informing me my application had been assigned to a case officer and I had to arrange for medicals.

In April this year me, my wife and our 4 kids had our visas granted. 5 years after submitting the application.

I was in a much better position financially in 2009 and only had 2 children so we have more stuff to move and 2 extra plane tickets to pay for but my dream is finally becoming a reality.

We fly out to Brisbane 15th February 2015, 10 days before the initial entry deadline :S

Don't give up and don't lose hope.

I submitted a 175 visa application in 2009 which my migration agent told me should have been processed within 12 months.

Next thing I knew things changed and my application even though it had already been submitted was reassigned to priority 5.

At the end of last year I gave up on the idea of moving to Australia and after paying a few hundred pounds to submit an expression of interest for New Zealand instead, I received an email informing me my application had been assigned to a case officer and I had to arrange for medicals.

In April this year me, my wife and our 4 kids had our visas granted. 5 years after submitting the application.

I was in a much better position financially in 2009 and only had 2 children so we have more stuff to move and 2 extra plane tickets to pay for but my dream is finally becoming a reality.

We fly out to Brisbane 15th February 2015, 10 days before the initial entry deadline :S

All the best for the new chapter of your life!

no one write or call their agent recently?

hI! aLL

I have asked a agent who i know whether they have issued similar letters , they gave me the following reply

We have already informed our clients about the current situation meaning that there might be a chance Subclass 176 will be allocated but also indicated the following. The DIAC is still on process allocating case officers for subclass 175 and they haven't finalized it yet. Therefor, they will take some time on allocating subclass 176 and we will not be able to predict on the allocation dates.

Unquote

So i wont get my hopes up until i see a CO allocated for my file which i lodged in August 2008

Hi Friends

I am not active on this forum but regular follower. My brief story is i applied in july 2008 under FS176 as my sister is in Australia. While waiting like all of us have gone through lot of changes in life. I am currently in Canada with PR. I have to go to Australia for family reasons so my ask is your advice on following scenario.

I contacted well known Immigration Lawyer in Melbourne yesterday and she has told me my application's current situation is uncertain so the best thing is come on 457 visa which is for 4 years and after 2 years i am eligible for PR. My old application will be withdrawn. My sister can help open the company which will ultimately sponsor me.

Please give me your advise as i trust all of your opinion here as we all value what we have gone through over the years.

Thanks

TR

I don't understand your argument. Less processing time means less applicants in the pipeline. Because ,no of invitations they made more or less same. Only a slight increase. So, it's a positive sign for us. We have to wait and see whether they will increase no of invitations in the future.

Hi Friends

I am not active on this forum but regular follower. My brief story is i applied in july 2008 under FS176 as my sister is in Australia. While waiting like all of us have gone through lot of changes in life. I am currently in Canada with PR. I have to go to Australia for family reasons so my ask is your advice on following scenario.

I contacted well known Immigration Lawyer in Melbourne yesterday and she has told me my application's current situation is uncertain so the best thing is come on 457 visa which is for 4 years and after 2 years i am eligible for PR. My old application will be withdrawn. My sister can help open the company which will ultimately sponsor me.

Please give me your advise as i trust all of your opinion here as we all value what we have gone through over the years.

Thanks

TR

That sounds VERY risky. Immigration look VERY closely at applications by family members wanting to sponsor other family members for work visas.

Hi Friends

Thanks

TR

why don't you consider 189 or 190 application if you meet the skills requirement? lot more quicker.

do you want to wait for another 6 years more going through 457?

Archived