New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Hi guys,

I have a question. As I said before My wife applied on 2008 as independent skilled and the subclass is 175. She applied as the translator and I was added to the application. We are in Australia ate the moment with my student visa. We moved here 7 months ago. I am studying PhD in Australia. The application is lodged on 24th July 2008. I want to know if we can get the PR in 2013 or not. Is there any limitation for the number of visas for 175 priority Group 5 or not in 2013?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys,

I have a question. As I said before My wife applied on 2008 as independent skilled and the subclass is 175. She applied as the translator and I was added to the application. We are in Australia ate the moment with my student visa. We moved here 7 months ago. I am studying PhD in Australia. The application is lodged on 24th July 2008. I want to know if we can get the PR in 2013 or not. Is there any limitation for the number of visas for 175 priority Group 5 or not in 2013?

No one is able to tell you if you are going to get your PR in 2013 or not. But the good thing is that 175 visa has already reached the lodgement date of 21 May 2008 so you do have really good chances of getting Case Officer assigned after July 2013 as then the new quota will come into effect.

Refer below to these two links and you should get answers to your questions..My advice would be to just enjoy life and sit tight for next 5-6 months and good news should follow you

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

Hi guys,

Priority group 5, 175 visa subclass belongs to the skilled independent visa class. This visa class also includes 189 and 885 visa subclasses. This program year, there are 45,500 places allocated for the skilled independent visa class. Subclass 189 has the highest processing priority and 175 and 885 applicants have to wait till all the 189 applications are allocated. Therefore by checking out the number 189 invitations that have been sent out and how many P5 885 visas have been granted so far, one can get a rough idea as to how places are still left.

Considering the fact that each 189 application includes a minimum of 2 persons (according to DIAC's Facebook page) which equates to 2 places and we are now into the final quarter of the current program year, it is unlikely that there will be a lot of places left.

I sent off all the papers to my case officer as requested. The Australian Federal Police clearance hasn't been accepted as the AFP sent to me was STANDARD DISCLOSURE AFP whereas I had requested COMPLETE DISCLOSURE AFP. It wasn't my fault as I didn't receive the right AFP and didnt know what type of AFP is required by immigration. I filled the form again for Australian police clearance. Another wait for few days:(

Can U PUT Link oF right AFP Check FORM... PLEASE ...

Hi Kimmo 88,

Haven't heard anything from CO. We decided to give our Medical and PCC. We filled the AFP forms and take an appointment for Medical for next week. The Co didn't ask mentioned docs but we thought it might ease the process.

We send another enquery On Tuesday, haven't heard anything yet.

[h=2]Allocation table[/h] The tables below list lodgement dates of applications that have been or will soon be allocated to case officers. You can use this information to determine when your GSM application will be allocated and to prepare your application for assessment. This information was last updated on 5 April 2013.

Effective 1 July 2012, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. Allocation dates outlined below reflect the new priority processing arrangements.

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 3[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 4[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 5[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]189 Skilled – Independent [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Within 10 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]190 Skilled - Nominated[/TD]

[TD]Within 5 weeks of lodgement [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]489 Skilled - Regional[/TD]

[TD]Within 5 weeks of lodgement [/TD]

[TD]Within 10 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]175 Skilled – Independent [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]21 May 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]176 Skilled – Sponsored [/TD]

[TD]Within 6 weeks of an approved nomination[/TD]

[TD]Allocation not commenced*[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]Allocation not commenced* [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]3 August 2007* [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]885 Skilled – Independent [/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]20 May 2010[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored

(e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD]5 March 2009** [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored (paper)[/TD]

[TD]25 March 2009**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored

(e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD]5 March 2009** [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (paper)

[/TD]

[TD]25 March 2009**[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

N/A- The visa subclass is not applicable for this priority group.

* and ** Allocation of Skilled Regional Sponsored (formerly Skilled Australian Sponsored (Family Sponsored)) GSM applications is limited due to the number of visa places available in the 2012-13 program year.

Further information is available about the allocation and processing of Skilled Regional Sponsored (formerly Skilled Australian Sponsored (Family Sponsored)) visa applications.

See: Allocation and Processing of Skilled Regional Sponsored GSM Visa Applications

Further information is available about the priority processing groups and the order of processing applications.

See: Priority processing groups and order of processing applications

Further information is available about the processing of Priority Group 5 applications.

See: Processing of Priority Group 5 General Skilled Migration Applications

Dear 175 G5 forumers - parrisa, Singhb, rajmhrj, The Constant Traveller, mhm ... Any good news from anyone on your application? Thanks!

Hi Kimmo 88,

Haven't heard anything from CO. We decided to give our Medical and PCC. We filled the AFP forms and take an appointment for Medical for next week. The Co didn't ask mentioned docs but we thought it might ease the process.

We send another enquery On Tuesday, haven't heard anything yet.

I've applied as a "Management Consultant" and hence am defaulted to Priority 5 (176 FS) since this occupation is not on the SOL. On hind site I should have applied as an "ICT Business Analyst" since the profiles are so similar and effectively the work that I'm currently doing fits more closely in the ICT Business Analyst category (Priority 4). Would anyone have an idea if one can change their occupation after submitting the application. If I can do this then I'd go into 176 FS, Priority 4 ... which will be great . . . :)

I've applied as a "Management Consultant" and hence am defaulted to Priority 5 (176 FS) since this occupation is not on the SOL. On hind site I should have applied as an "ICT Business Analyst" since the profiles are so similar and effectively the work that I'm currently doing fits more closely in the ICT Business Analyst category (Priority 4). Would anyone have an idea if one can change their occupation after submitting the application. If I can do this then I'd go into 176 FS, Priority 4 ... which will be great . . . :)

Yes you could but it will be considered as new application. I have same problem(new fees apply). If you are IT professional than you can change nomination and under the same application(One of my friend did 2 years back).But I am not sure if you can do it this moment as 175 and 176 application stopped by DIAC since 1 July 2012.If you It professional than you can change nomination and under the same application. Better check with Immi lawyer or MARA agent.

Hi All,

This is CO's reply regarding current process of my application.

Thanks for your email.

Yes I can imagine that you would be concerned about the length of time it has taken for the processing of this application, however the initial assessment was not made until October of last year therefore it has not even been 12 months yet. The application is undergoing routine checks and will be finalised in due course.

P.s: The October is the time that we send all the requested application to her. I don't know what does she mean by It has not been 12 months yet.... We have been waiting couple of 12months by now... :( Damn it

No idea Mau, they should have been processing 885 at this stage. God knows what's stopping them !

Last couple of fortnights no P5, 885 applications were processed at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC). According my contact, who is actually a CO, the main reasons for this are the upsurge in 189 applications and the redirection of some CO teams to process other P5 visa categories as of late.

I was also told that they are getting closer to reaching the planning level for the Skilled Independent visa class to which 885 visa subclass belongs. However, currently there are no confirmed plans to stop the processing of 885 for this financial year. This is also the final quarter of the program year, where unexpected and rapid movements in visa processing is entirely within the realm of possibilities. So do not despair and give hope yet folks. Who knows? You could still get a pleasant surprise within the next couple of weeks.

Hey Roper, any indication on P5 176 FS from you contact? Will be atleast good to know what our chances look like this year. Thanks in advance....

Last couple of fortnights no P5, 885 applications were processed at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre (ASPC). According my contact, who is actually a CO, the main reasons for this are the upsurge in 189 applications and the redirection of some CO teams to process other P5 visa categories as of late.

I was also told that they are getting closer to reaching the planning level for the Skilled Independent visa class to which 885 visa subclass belongs. However, currently there are no confirmed plans to stop the processing of 885 for this financial year. This is also the final quarter of the program year, where unexpected and rapid movements in visa processing is entirely within the realm of possibilities. So do not despair and give hope yet folks. Who knows? You could still get a pleasant surprise within the next couple of weeks.

Hey Roper, any indication on P5 176 FS from you contact? Will be atleast good to know what our chances look like this year. Thanks in advance....

The good news is that a directive has been issued to start processing your visa category. The bad news is that due to the actual processing dynamics you guys are getting bumped back by the onshore (886) and 489 applicants the moment. Bearing in mind that ASPC handles around 750 cases a week you guys will also be affected by the torrent of higher priority applications that ASPC is currently experiencing.

As this is the final quarter of the current program year, things seem to be very hectic and volatile at the processing centers. So to quote my contact, " even the COs are unable to predict anything beyond a week at this moment and have to deal with whatever files that come in to their in trays on a daily basis".

Sorry about not being able to be more specific mate.

Thanks Roper. The biggest thing for me from your response is that at least a directive has been issued to start 176 FS. I guess now its a matter of time before they actually start allocating case officers to us. Am hoping that if not this financial year then atleast early next financial year my case gets allocated. Atleast one can always hope for that to happen... :)

The good news is that a directive has been issued to start processing your visa category. The bad news is that due to the actual processing dynamics you guys are getting bumped back by the onshore (886) and 489 applicants the moment. Bearing in mind that ASPC handles around 750 cases a week you guys will also be affected by the torrent of higher priority applications that ASPC is currently experiencing.

As this is the final quarter of the current program year, things seem to be very hectic and volatile at the processing centers. So to quote my contact, " even the COs are unable to predict anything beyond a week at this moment and have to deal with whatever files that come in to their in trays on a daily basis".

Sorry about not being able to be more specific mate.

Hi Everyone,

I've got a question. What is the reason that all people here are concerned about the financial year. Do u mean that if we cannot get a case officer in this financial year, applications will be processed in next financial year or not? We lodged 175 C5 on 24th July 2008.

Archived