176 lodged May 2011 Gang

Thanks Honey and Tim and thepallis for your messages, I wish you all lots and lots of luck for the future. Hubbys job offer has flopped so really anxious at moment, just want him to find a well paid job for when we arrive in Oct. Anyone got any contacts for a mechanical fitter/machinist, will consider FIFO........

Sorry to hear that, Anita. Fingers crossed for you that something else will come up soon, try not to worry too much. Xx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

Not been on here for a while just wondered what has been going on. :notworthy::hug:

Anne

x

Hi Anne,

How are things with you? I've just been busy because it's school holidays, plus trying to have clear outs and finish our house off. We have an estate agent coming on Monday (even though it isn't finished!). I will be mad cleaning tomorrow! So hard with

the kids off!

I was looking at flights today - Singapore Airlines, various dates up to New Year - cheapest is £2735 economy for the 5 of us. Not sure if it changes much the nearer you book to when you fly??

Hope everyone is ok :-) xx

Guest Horizone
Hi we lodged our visa 19th May, got CO 9 June..had meds done 8 July...showed finalised on 3 Aug on DIAC...how long does it normally take for visa grant?

We have a lady on TEAM 4?

thanks x

For me it took only ONE day. My CO also Team4. But as i know it depends on the situation. hope you will get your grant very soon :biggrin:

Guest annerichard
Hi Anne,

How are things with you? I've just been busy because it's school holidays, plus trying to have clear outs and finish our house off. We have an estate agent coming on Monday (even though it isn't finished!). I will be mad cleaning tomorrow! So hard with

the kids off!

I was looking at flights today - Singapore Airlines, various dates up to New Year - cheapest is £2735 economy for the 5 of us. Not sure if it changes much the nearer you book to when you fly??

Hope everyone is ok :-) xx

Hi Sarah,

We are all well, I'am a bit like you to be honest I'am looking forward to going back to work for a rest! LOL. I'am trying the day at home doing things there then the next day going out with the kids trick which seems to be working ATM.

We have cleared out our attic (that was MAMMOTH in its self!!) now just trying to get the house sold. Hope you had some good news from your estate agent our house has been on the market for a few weeks but the summer (if you can call it that) has slowed things right down :frown:. Your flight prices seem quite reasonable is that including a stop over anywhere?

Anyway glad things are still moving for you must sign off now as my children are chewing off my ear :biggrin:.

Take care and speak soon:hug:

Anne xx

Thanks Honey and Tim and thepallis for your messages, I wish you all lots and lots of luck for the future. Hubbys job offer has flopped so really anxious at moment, just want him to find a well paid job for when we arrive in Oct. Anyone got any contacts for a mechanical fitter/machinist, will consider FIFO........

Hi Anita

Sorry to read your OH job fell through - has he found something else? I have a couple of contacts for WA if that is where you are headed (although you probably have them already)

PM me if you'd like them

my OH is a Metal machinist we are just starting to make enquiries about jobs hopefully to line one up for our move in Feb

All the Best

Est

Guest varoon

Visa 176 (Victoria SS)

------------------------------

Applicants (Me and my wife)

Application Date : 05-May-2011

CO Allocation : 19-May-2011

Health Req Finalized : 10-June-2011

PCC provided : 18-June-2011

Still no VISA.

Checked the online status on 01-Aug-2011, many of the documents were showing as "Requested".

Wrote a mail to CO and within minutes the documents status changed to "Received" for ALL of them.

On asking status from the CO following was the reply :

"Currently your application is undergoing routine processing.

You will be contacted when all other routine checks are completed. Your patience is appreciated. "

Case Officer, Team 2, Adelaide GSM

1. Is it normal to have outdated status on the online status page ??

2. Does it usually take so much time after health req are finalized ?

3. Is there another status level beyond "Received" on the online status link for the documents. ?

Visa 176 (Victoria SS)

------------------------------

Applicants (Me and my wife)

Application Date : 05-May-2011

CO Allocation : 19-May-2011

Health Req Finalized : 10-June-2011

PCC provided : 18-June-2011

Still no VISA.

Checked the online status on 01-Aug-2011, many of the documents were showing as "Requested".

Wrote a mail to CO and within minutes the documents status changed to "Received" for ALL of them.

On asking status from the CO following was the reply :

"Currently your application is undergoing routine processing.

You will be contacted when all other routine checks are completed. Your patience is appreciated. "

Case Officer, Team 2, Adelaide GSM

1. Is it normal to have outdated status on the online status page ??

2. Does it usually take so much time after health req are finalized ?

3. Is there another status level beyond "Received" on the online status link for the documents. ?

Hi there...I am debating whether to get in touch with the case officer. We have an agent so really should go through them...our medicals showed as finalised 3 aug...other medicals saying received on main page. when you go into it...still saying medicals requested even though they were done 8 July.....!

I am not sure they update the pages very often. I have heard of some people getting their visa after a couple of days of them being finalised ours is 3 weeks today! Hopefully it will be soon...just want the visa so I can start getting organised...

Stacey and Damian

Guest annerichard
Hi there...I am debating whether to get in touch with the case officer. We have an agent so really should go through them...our medicals showed as finalised 3 aug...other medicals saying received on main page. when you go into it...still saying medicals requested even though they were done 8 July.....!

I am not sure they update the pages very often. I have heard of some people getting their visa after a couple of days of them being finalised ours is 3 weeks today! Hopefully it will be soon...just want the visa so I can start getting organised...

Stacey and Damian

Hi Stacey,

Hope you don't mind me butting in but this sounds like what happened to us can i ask if you have used the EHealth system and where did you get your meds done?

My o/h's got referred, mine and our daughters all went to finalized almost straight away and our sons did not go through at all :frown:, we waited 3 weeks contacted the medical center they were stating that it had all gone through and we were being impatient!

We decide to contact our agent (who was brilliant I have to say) he then contacted our CO and another department within a day both our CO and the other department stated that our sons meds had not been sent and that we had to contact the medical center and get them to re-send it!

We did this and forwarded on the e-mails which we had been sent, it took the 2 days to try and find our sons meds as there had been a glitch in the system as it was buzzing around somewhere the medical center re-sent it, within the day it had changed to received and then changed to referred and then about 2 days after that if got finalized.

We were all given our Visas on the 2nd August, so I would contact your agent let them act on it because that is what you are paying them for.

I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you and good luck but I am sure that you will get your golden ticket soon.

Anne x

Just a quickie, as I am in shock, our visa has been granted today........

Thank you to everyone who has helped us over the last 3 years with all the ups and downs of the process. Don't know what else to say. Still in shock !!!

See you in Perth ......................... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thank you to everyone who has helped us over the last 3 years with all the ups and downs of the process. Don't know what else to say. Still in shock !!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Good luck with the rest of your plans.

Clare x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anita in uk

Hi there, i'm sorry but not sure how to PM you! Those contacts for OH would be really appreciated thankyou. He is a Mechanical fitter/1st class machinist.

We are due to fly out to Perth early october.

Thankyou. x

All meds received at diac mine as received wife's as finalized.

Hi Chris

Think I am the last one if May :laugh:

Notice your timeline you are saying that meds are referred for you, is that what it states when you log in??? mine is still saying outstanding :swoon::swoon: and the rest of the family were finalised a week after meds, looks like I will have to wait!! but my fault entirely as did not take a letter from GP with me and the lovely Maidenhead clinic are trying to sort that out for me, so anyone reading this please be more organised than me, but, :goofy:

Hi Anne,

How are you? How's the house sale going? Our house isn't on the market yet but might be next week. It's still not ready and finished. It's hard work trying to get rid of things! I've done one car boot sale, sold stuff on eBay, given stuff to charity and chucked loads but still have so much to sort out! It's nice having the kids all at school though as I get a little more done.

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

We are all well, I'am a bit like you to be honest I'am looking forward to going back to work for a rest! LOL. I'am trying the day at home doing things there then the next day going out with the kids trick which seems to be working ATM.

We have cleared out our attic (that was MAMMOTH in its self!!) now just trying to get the house sold. Hope you had some good news from your estate agent our house has been on the market for a few weeks but the summer (if you can call it that) has slowed things right down :frown:. Your flight prices seem quite reasonable is that including a stop over anywhere?

Anyway glad things are still moving for you must sign off now as my children are chewing off my ear :biggrin:.

Take care and speak soon:hug:

Anne xx

Congratulations!!!

I was in shock for ages too! x

Good luck to all that are still waiting to get their visas!

Archived