Car rental upon arrival?

fluxsta

Hi all,

Any recent arrivals had good experience and preferably a cheap one with car rental firms? Arriving August and looking for 4-6 week car hire, 2 adults, 4 year old and 18 month old twins. We don't need people carrier, just bog standard vehicle, and 3 car seats. Any cheap places anyone knows of?

thanks

Hi

We used East Coast car rentals. They were the cheapest we could find (cant remeber how much though)

They are based a short drive from the airport. When we arrived we had to call them from the airport and minibus from East coast picked us up and took us to there depot to pick the car up.

Jill

xxx

Hi

We used East Coast car rentals. They were the cheapest we could find (cant remeber how much though)

They are based a short drive from the airport. When we arrived we had to call them from the airport and minibus from East coast picked us up and took us to there depot to pick the car up.

Jill

xxx

I agree with this too. If you'll be close to cleveland, then also consider http://www.bettacarhire.com which I have only praise for them.

Cheers

I used holiday autos, http://www.holidayautos.co.uk/, which I booked from the UK and paid before leaving. It was much cheaper than booking locally as their insurance was a set charge for the week, which was what the Aus ones charged per day. When I realised I needed the car longer, I ended up using East Coast Car Rentals, and picked up in Fortitude Valley as I needed 48hrs notice to rebook with holiday autos and needed the car that day. Both were very good, but as I said, the former was cheaper. It got me a good price for Avis and that is where I picked up from in Fortitude Valley too.

I would not recommend east coast car rentals (Brisbane)!!!!! Had a bad experience with them (cost us £440) and never even had the car off them. Long story but I would not recommend them. If you search on the Internet there are many that have had a bad experience with them!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mpmcm

Hi, I'm moving to Brisbane for a year in August and I'm looking to rent or lease a car whilst I'm there. Are there any long term lease/rental companies anyone can recommend?

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to Poms In Oz.

I cant answer your question, but someone shortly will be along I am sure!

I hope you enjoy our forum

Susie x

Hi, I'm moving to Brisbane for a year in August and I'm looking to rent or lease a car whilst I'm there. Are there any long term lease/rental companies anyone can recommend?

Hiya, not being flippant but look at page 1 of this thread and you will see weblinks. Hope that helps

Archived