Expo in Birmingham 4th June - anyone going or been?

eweasel

Hi all

Was just wondering if anyone has been invited the to Australian Expo in Birminham on 4th June. We got an invite this afternoon and booked our session.

I was just wondering if may were planning on going - and if you've been to one before what to expect.

Hi - my first post but have been reading lots of posts for a few weeks!!!

I also received my invitation this afternoon :smile:

So any info on what to expect would also be greatly received from me too!!!

We were planning on taking cv's and qualification certificates etc. We were also wondering if it was worth taking a copy of WA SS application and DIAC visa application so far - (well basically everything we have done and got so far as still waiting for TRA result)

We are just not sure what to expect - but if we take it all then at least we have it even if it isn't looked at :wink:

We are quite excited though - makes us feel that we are at least able to do something while we wait for dreaded skills assessment.

Guest bourbonjack

Hi,

I have my invite and have booked my spot.....I have been to similar events before, but found them to be a bit of an anti-climax, but hopefully this one will be better...... I have already landed a job in WA and am at the start of the process for a 457, but think it'll be worth going, more info gathering!!!

Thanks

Steve.

we have not got a invite yet hopefully get one tomorrow:sad:

Hope you get it through today - it came at a really weird time - 4ish yesterday afternoon which is like strange o'clock in Oz :wacko:, so maybe they will be more sent out today.

Hi,

I have my invite and have booked my spot.....I have been to similar events before, but found them to be a bit of an anti-climax, but hopefully this one will be better...... I have already landed a job in WA and am at the start of the process for a 457, but think it'll be worth going, more info gathering!!!

Thanks

Steve.

Steve - Yeah - OH is not expecting much but I thought at least it gives us something to do while we are waiting and it is also encouraging that his occupation is still considered in demand :jiggy:

Guest cdphobe

No invite here, but then I was a late applicant so may not have made the cut. Would be very interested in any feedback from the guys amd gals lucky enough to be invited after the event,

Al

Expos are mainly a marketing opportunity for movers, pet movers banks etc.

There is very little useful information on immigration or jobs for would be immigrants and the only occupation represented is nursing. There will probably be a stand for each state and the queues will be horrendous and you probably won't learn much.

We were there for about 15 minutes and then we went for lunch nearby so it was a nice day out. This was the London expo.

Guest sivakumar

Skilled jobs at the Australian Jobs Expo in Birmingham

ACTS will be looking for candidates to fill a range of skilled jobs in Australia at this weekend’s “Down Under Live” show at the national Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham.

They include

Floor finishing

Cabinet Making

Engineering

Bricklaying

Carpentry

Fibrous plastering

Wall and floor tiling

Solid plastering

Hospitality

Mechanics

Graphic designers

Pre press printers

Joiners

Painters and decorators

For further information about the show, visit the website or call out ticket hotline on 01179 323586

Expos are mainly a marketing opportunity for movers, pet movers banks etc.

There is very little useful information on immigration or jobs for would be immigrants and the only occupation represented is nursing. There will probably be a stand for each state and the queues will be horrendous and you probably won't learn much.

We were there for about 15 minutes and then we went for lunch nearby so it was a nice day out. This was the London expo.

Hi pumpkin, this is not an expo, been to a few of those, its a state migration day. This is just for jobs as the post above states, it is invite only you can not just purchase tickets though as far as i am aware, it has not cost me anything. All the different states will be there with lots of different companies trying to fill positions.

Lisa

Hi pumpkin, this is not an expo, been to a few of those. This is just for jobs as the post above states, it is invite only you can not just purchase tickets though as far as i am aware, it has not cost me anything. All the different states will be there with lots of different companies trying to fill positions.

Lisa

Oh ok. I was misled by the thread title, Expo in Birmingham. :biggrin:

Oh ok. I was misled by the thread title, Expo in Birmingham. :biggrin:

The expo's usualy give me the opportunity to stock up on pens for the year, lol. If it turns out to be what it states online it should be a good opportunity to get employment or see whats out there.

Lisa

Guest cdphobe
Hi pumpkin, this is not an expo, been to a few of those, its a state migration day. This is just for jobs as the post above states, it is invite only you can not just purchase tickets

I was particularly interested because "Project Manager" doesn't seem to exist in the ANZSCO codes, so difficult to identify if there are any sponsored opportunities, but WA Chambers explicitly mention them on their list of potential places (as does Go Global). Can't see any reference to them on the Chambers' dedicated website so, assuming no invite by the end of the week, I can see me calling them being made to see if they can provide any details outside the event,

Al

Guest cdphobe

And if anyone else is waiting on an invite, don't give up - mine came through this afternoon :biggrin:

Here's looking forward to an early afternoon in Brum!

Archived