oz passport holder with brittish wife and children visa advise

Guest the wanderer returns

:mad:Hi all im currently a dual passport holder oz/brittish married my brittish partner we have 3 children one of which is my step child lookin to come back to oz. i have been in the uk for thirty years, are my biological children entitled to oz passports, also have not been able to find my stepsons biological dad, although i have brought him up as my own since he was 2 i seem to have no rights with him, where do i go from here , really lookin to come back by august????? what sort of visa would i need, any suggestions??? have an appointment with the oz high comm next week to try to sort things out..................

:Randy-git::Randy-git:Hi all im currently a dual passport holder oz/brittish married my brittish partner we have 3 children one of which is my step child lookin to come back to oz. i have been in the uk for thirty years, are my biological children entitled to oz passports, also have not been able to find my stepsons biological dad, although i have brought him up as my own since he was 2 i seem to have no rights with him, where do i go from here , really lookin to come back by august????? what sort of visa would i need, any suggestions??? have an appointment with the oz high comm next week to try to sort things out..................

As far as your 2 biological children are concerned you should be able to just register them as Australian Citizens by descent. This should be a simple process but they are not Australian citizens until you do this.

Then they can get Australian passports and can move to Australia.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/118.pdf

Not sure about your wife and other child. Someone else can advise on them.

Just a thought, are you able to adopt the step child. Then you could also register him as an Australian citizen similar to your other kids.

As Parleycross says..your biological children should be Australians citizens by decent. You would have to look at getting your wife a Spouse visa. As for your stepchild..I am not sure..I think I read something somewhere that even if you were to adopt he still wouldnt have citizenship by descent...but not certain on that.

Good luck

Guest Guest31881

I have merged your two posts, please try not to duplicate your post, it causes confusion and members do not know which post they replied on.:biggrin:

In response to your question, your children can get citizenship by decent, your wife will need a spouse visa and the step child can be included on that.

You may need the permission of your step child's father to move the child to Australia. Even if he has nothing to do with the child you will need to prove you can legally move the child to Australia

I am doing similar to you Wanderer. Here is my thread for citizenship by decent. Its quite straight forward:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/113350-australian-citizenship-decent.html

Once they have citizenship you get their Aussie passports.

I would suggest your step child would go on the same application for your Wife, I don't know what you need to prove to get them on your wifes visa.

This is a good thread for your Wifes visa:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/58449-summary-spouse-visa-processing-times-offshore-uk-please-add-your-stats.html

You may even find the answer in there as I bet you aren't the first with this issue.

Best of luck in any case

Archived