DIAC Suggesting Front-End Loading for Some GSM Applicants

George Lombard

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're in cat 2 and DIAC are saying to go ahead and front end load meds and police checks, but I'm still a bit worried what with all the changes that have taken effect over the last year or so. What is everyone else doing??

Very confused, I think we are going to wait a couple of months and see if we get a CO rather than risk having to do it twice, there are 6 of us and I dont want to waste money.

I dont have a CO yet but have aldy done my medicals on 28/2/11 and police clearance from Singapore(done on 28/2/11). Also needed to do Australia police clearance(submitted on 2/3/11) bcos I lived there for 1 and a half years. We went ahead to do it as we are aldy in the range specified by DIAC.

Still need to submit Ielts though (test on 6/3/11) to avoid paying the 2nd VAC.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest perth42

Does anyone know how long it will take for DIAC to acknowledge the 1100 form and allocate a case officer(our form sat in WA due to backlog!)? Or is it a case of waiting until the 6wks are up before contacting the DIAC to ask them about the status?

Because of the lost time we have wheels in motion for meds/pcc's. Does anyone know if this ehealth option will be something we can do even if we don't have a co? Or do we need to get the results sent to our agent?

Cheers.

:wink:

Guest perth42

Hi Alan

Thanks for your reply. I did try to ask our agent but the email I got back was a brush off telling me to get on with checks and they would let me know when we had been allocated a co. To be totally honest I'm rather frustrated at the response as my questions weren't answered. I still don't think it was acceptable for them not to action the "non-response" regarding our 1100 form and I've lost faith in their reactive not proactive approach....

Sorry that's a bit of a rant! I still worry as we have had our fingers burnt in this process a

few years ago... Maybe I should call them in the morning and speak to them about my frustration but then again I don't want them to say Right your on your own (just paid them another installment!) catch 22 and hoping pio could share advice...

The "bedside manner" of some agents seems to leave a lot to be desired - you ought not feel discomforted at the thought of discussing your concerns with your agent.

I'd make the phone call, as emails can sometimes be misconstrued and not convey issues in the manner intended.

Good luck!

Guest perth42

Thanks Alan, I did think that as when I read the reply steam was coming out of my ears, but then thought it was me over-reacting. You're right I should call them in the morning. Thank you for your support :wink:

The "bedside manner" of some agents seems to leave a lot to be desired - you ought not feel discomforted at the thought of discussing your concerns with your agent.

I'd make the phone call, as emails can sometimes be misconstrued and not convey issues in the manner intended.

Good luck!

Hi Alan

I requested that our agent send a PLE request to DIAc on the 21st February 2011 asking for confirmation that this was received as I was previously advised that DIAC do not confirm rcpt of this.

Basically I was seeking confirmation that my wife is in the 176 stream now just in case of a miracle and Hairdressing is allowed on SMP for WA in July.

Can you confirm if DIAC confirm rcpt of the form 1100 or not. And if so if a PLE was sent on 21.2.11 should they have answered it by now?

Thanks

Shane

Hi Alan

<snip>

Can you confirm if DIAC confirm rcpt of the form 1100 or not. And if so if a PLE was sent on 21.2.11 should they have answered it by now?

Thanks

Shane

I don't use the PLE. As a registered migration agent I use the RMA only email address.

So far as I recall, whenever we have enquired about safe receipt of the form 1100 we have had a response, usually within a week of the email being sent.

Best regards.

HI the post from george states 175 applicants upto date june 2010 should front load... we are 175 applicants AUG 2010..... and have had the email from DIAC about getting a CO within 3 months.

does this mena we should go ahead and front load or NOT.!!!!!! we have already booked our medicals for 29th april in Dublin. So should we cancel them or still go ahead for them !!

as on the email it does kinda hint you would be better to go ahead and do your meds and police checks so when you get your CO things will move alot qiucker.

Alan or George can you advise as best as you think please.

chris and elaine(nurse)

Guest gmpjr241
Hi Alan

I requested that our agent send a PLE request to DIAc on the 21st February 2011 asking for confirmation that this was received as I was previously advised that DIAC do not confirm rcpt of this.

Basically I was seeking confirmation that my wife is in the 176 stream now just in case of a miracle and Hairdressing is allowed on SMP for WA in July.

Thanks

Shane

Top Tip: Just phone DIAC yourself to confirm. I got an email telling me I was a priority 3 because they hadnt recieved confirmation of my State Sponsorship. I even had an email from WA (dated 4th Feb 2011) confirming they had infromed DIAC, however it clearly hadnt gone through. I had to resend the signed form to WA and now have another email from WA confiming its gone to DIAC. I'm going to call DIAC next week to check! Another 2 months wasted and in the meantime the other half has got pregnant so we now cant get an XRay - aaahhhhh (in a good but frustrated way!).

• 5 weeks later...
Guest VE175
Some of the formatting in the long statement above has been lost so attaching it here.

Cheers,

George Lombard

I'm confused because although I have lodged a GSM 175 (Priority Group 3) after 30 June 2010, DIAC told me mid March that I would be allocated a case officer within three months and that I could undergo my medical examination and provide my police clearances. (I'm guessing this is the 'front-loading')

I'm from a low risk country and I'm confused as to whether I will be allocated a case officer soon or not. In general, is the DIAC's 'three month anticipation period' of allocating a case officer accurate? Has it been unwise to have completed my medical examinations and obtained police clearances already?

And finally, if a case officer opens my file and all the documentation/ evidence is there, will they grant a visa soon after?

Many thanks for answering my questions!

Marsha :unsure:

hi all can someone please advise. we went for our medicals last fri in Mater, Dublin. i had booked for 2 x adults and our 2 kids. BUT when we where there the girl put our TRN number in there system and our kids would not show up on there visa system!!! we got there meds done anyway and paid etc, and they told us to contact diac about this to see if we can get them added to progress with there meds online rather than papr based.

so i rang London and they said they can see them on there system ok. !!!!!!! i sent email of to DIAC to see if anything can be done.

we would prefer the kids meds are done online rather than papr based due to us being evisa cleints.

has anyone heard of this prob before and if its easy to get sorted.

thanks.

Guest jennyh

sorry this may seem like a silly question. but we are about to start the process for state sponsorship in the next few days, when we will send our stuff to the tra. my husband has just qualified as a refrigeration and air con engineer. anyway, do this mean that we should include our health check and police clearance forms with our application, if we get the tra and sponsorship from WA that is.

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...
hi all can someone please advise. we went for our medicals last fri in Mater, Dublin. i had booked for 2 x adults and our 2 kids. BUT when we where there the girl put our TRN number in there system and our kids would not show up on there visa system!!! we got there meds done anyway and paid etc, and they told us to contact diac about this to see if we can get them added to progress with there meds online rather than papr based.

so i rang London and they said they can see them on there system ok. !!!!!!! i sent email of to DIAC to see if anything can be done.

we would prefer the kids meds are done online rather than papr based due to us being evisa cleints.

has anyone heard of this prob before and if its easy to get sorted.

thanks.

Can I ask what you did in the end? Were your kids' meds couried or uploaded on eHealth in the end? Thanks.

Hi

We were e applicants but our meds went via the paper route as they couldn't pick us up on the system (it's still very new and they have teething probs with it!) There weren't any problems at all and it didn't take more than a couple of weeks. :biggrin:

Good luck!

Hi

We were e applicants but our meds went via the paper route as they couldn't pick us up on the system (it's still very new and they have teething probs with it!) There weren't any problems at all and it didn't take more than a couple of weeks. :biggrin:

Good luck!

Thanks Sherbetdip23.

That's good news, although I'm mildly anxious that any delay may mean we will miss the 'speedy turn-around' boat that visa applications are experiencing at the moment. :eek:

Thanks Sherbetdip23.

That's good news, although I'm mildly anxious that any delay may mean we will miss the 'speedy turn-around' boat that visa applications are experiencing at the moment. :eek:

Try not to worry - I'm sure you will be fine - there's still another couple of weeks until the end of the month and your CO has already changed everything else to met so he is working actively on your case. Once we submitted the last things they changed it the same day! They are very quick.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest VXM665

Reply for an application lodged on 12th August 2010 for 175. The new deadline for 18th March e-mail receivers seems to be 30th September. Disappointing!

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Thank you for your enquiry and your advice that you have completed all items requested in this email. I note your concern that you have not yet been contacted by a case officer in regards to your General Skilled Migration (GSM) application.

I can confirm that applicants in Priority Group 3 who were emailed in March 2011 are still expected to have their application considered shortly.

As explained in this email, priority processing arrangements are in place covering the order of assessment of GSM applications. These arrangements are set in a Direction issued by the Minister and must be followed. Applications from people who are nominated by a state or territory government agency with a nominated occupation that is specified on that state or territory?s state migration plan continue to be allocated as the highest priority.

A higher than anticipated number of higher priority applications have been received in recent months, impacting the Department's ability to allocate cases within your priority group.

Despite this, GSM can confirm that the assessment of applications in your priority group continues each week in significant volumes, after the allocation of any outstanding higher priority applications.

It is now expected that you will be contacted by your case officer by 30 September 2011. We request that you allow this period of time for your application to be assessed before contacting the Department.

You may continue to undertake any of the requirements of the March 2011 email that are incomplete, referring to the guidance provided in that email.

In the meantime you may wish to follow the published dates for GSM applications currently being considered, available by sending a blank email to gsm.processing@immi.gov.au.

Yours sincerely,

Norbert O

Reference:http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...709815&page=16

Guest alix1412

So we've front loaded all our docs now including Meds and PCC. Anyone else done this and how long has it been for you guys before you're allocated a CO? I'm sure we've only got a few days to wait since we lodged in early June but am getting impatient! Anyone have experience of uploading all docs and just getting their visa granted without any contact from their CO?

So we've front loaded all our docs now including Meds and PCC. Anyone else done this and how long has it been for you guys before you're allocated a CO? I'm sure we've only got a few days to wait since we lodged in early June but am getting impatient! Anyone have experience of uploading all docs and just getting their visa granted without any contact from their CO?

Didn't happen to me but I've heard of it happening. Remember the CO doesn't contact you just to say hello. He'll either contact you for more information or (if everything is in place) he'll contact you with your visa grant.

Archived