DIAC Suggesting Front-End Loading for Some GSM Applicants

George Lombard

hi all .its nothing sure of eligibility to grant visa on asking for med/pcc but i may be doubt from past experience when they have done this same way to all pre -2007applicants, they are going to clearing backlog by capping and ceasing applications in coming months under a previous legislation or new visa capping bill. its may be my imagination but it is possible becoz they have already a legal tool of S 39 TO A clear gsm backlog in one attempt only.so also be prepared for this becoz diac would never care for the lives messed by their faults or ministerial decision.

good luck

They can clear the backlog via removing the entire subclass. Right now 175,176, 885 an 886 subclasses are still there and there appears to be no plans of removing them. So as long as the subclass is there, you don't have to worry about your application getting "ceased".

As for C&C bill, it is dead and no attempt has been made to reintroduce it.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reposting the news article from previous page.

GSM Processing Update - 14 February 2011

By Mark Webster

15 February 2011 The Department of Immigration has issued an advice that certain GSM (General Skilled Migration) applicants should initiate health and police checks for their applications. This is a sign that processing is moving forward on the backlog of GSM applications in the system - currently there are some 130,000 applicants in the GSM pipeline.

The Minister for Immigration announced processing priority levels applying to GSM applications from August 2010. Under this system, all applicants in priority group 2 and some applicants in priority group 3 are advised to undertake health and character checks.

Applications Where Health and Character Should be Obtained

Only certain applicants should commence health and character checks. These are as follows:

• Applicants nominated under a State Migration Plan (Priority Group 2 - both onshore and offshore subclasses)
  • Offshore applicants with an occupation on the new SOL who have lodged prior to 30 June 2010 (Priority Group 3 - subclasses 175, 176 and 475)
  • Onshore applicants with an occupation on the new SOL who have lodged prior to 30 September 2010 (Priority Group 3 - subclasses 885, 886 and 487)

Applicants from high risk countries where security clearances are known to be slow (eg Pakistan, Iran) may be best to delay obtaining clearances until requested, as the security clearances can take 6 months or more.

Likely Processing Time for Priority Applications

The advice from DIAC is that applications in the above categories are likely to be processed within the validity of the health and character checks. Health and character are typically valid for 12 months, so this would mean that the above cases are likely to be processed within this timeframe. Applications Where Health and Character Should Not Yet Be Undertaken

People who do not fall within these categories are advised not to proceed with health and police checks. This would include Priority Group 3 applications lodged after the specified dates, and all Priority Group 4 (ie where the occupation is not on the new SOL, or where the nomination is not under a State Migration Plan). The only indication we have about allocation of these cases is that it is likely to be in the 2011-12 Program Year (ie after 1 July 2011). Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with your GSM application.

SOURCE: GSM Processing Update - 14 February 2011

If I'm Reading this correctly. The suggestion from DIAC is to front load meds etc. I have SA SS and applied for 176 2/9/10 does this mean if you do you'll get a CO quicker or you decide to wait your delaying your own chances. I'm not sure what to do.

Guest nodrog72
If I'm Reading this correctly. The suggestion from DIAC is to front load meds etc. I have SA SS and applied for 176 2/9/10 does this mean if you do you'll get a CO quicker or you decide to wait your delaying your own chances. I'm not sure what to do.

It doesn't necessarily mean you will get a CO quicker I think it just speeds up the process, but the call is yours as if things do change (which in my opinion is very unlikely given the speed they are dishing out COs) it is a lot of money to loose. We haven't been asked to do ours yet but have decided to go ahead as it will speed up the visa process having them uploaded beforehand. I hope this helps but please bear in mind it is only my opinion.

Best of luck

Tanya:wubclub:

well lets see if it holds for us as we are within the given dates that DAIC are suggesting to take Meds etc, therefore we have taken a RISK, we have booked our Medicals for April 2011, should we not have our Visa by April 2012 when they expire we will have waited long enough therefore we will say good bye Australia and the file will be shreaded! end of!!

Proview

well lets see if it holds for us as we are within the given dates that DAIC are suggesting to take Meds etc, therefore we have taken a RISK, we have booked our Medicals for April 2011, should we not have our Visa by April 2012 when they expire we will have waited long enough therefore we will say good bye Australia and the file will be shreaded! end of!!

Proview

chin up dude......it aint over till the (lady who likes to eat a lot) sings !!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Guest travelsparks

Proview

good luck

So is there a time limit from when a co asks you to do meds, to getting them done.

Normally when a Co ask for Meds etc you must respond within 26days i think?

Many people at the Mo have not got Co, but Daic are suggesting for people with in a specific time period to front load Meds etc, this has been done a coulpe of year ago and they came un-stuck, lets hope it dont happen this time round! who knows its a massive gamble from the day you begin your visa journey.

Normally when a Co ask for Meds etc you must respond within 26days i think?

Many people at the Mo have not got Co, but Daic are suggesting for people with in a specific time period to front load Meds etc, this has been done a coulpe of year ago and they came un-stuck, lets hope it dont happen this time round! who knows its a massive gamble from the day you begin your visa journey.

Its 28 days from request..................................unless you can show proof you have booked but have to wait.............

Sods law! I decided to front load 2 weeks ago even though our application had only been in since 22nd jan. We had our medicals booked for this coming Friday. Yesterday I had a change if heart and decided I really was jumping the gun even with the diac statement so cancelled them yesterday afternoon.

This morning we had an email from diac with a co appointed and telling us to get our Meds and pc checks! I am absolutely astounded! I can't believe it's happened so quickly!

I called to rebook my medicals and they said that it's gone mad and they are just inundated with appointments but I managed to get one on the 2nd march.

Hubby is already in Perth so he called to make appointment there and they do it in 2 stages and the 2nd part is not until the 15th march which is our 28 day deadline. So do I just email them with our medical dates explaining the dates and that we are trying to get everything sorted within the 28 days but it's just not possible?

Stunned!

Dawn x

Sods law! I decided to front load 2 weeks ago even though our application had only been in since 22nd jan. We had our medicals booked for this coming Friday. Yesterday I had a change if heart and decided I really was jumping the gun even with the diac statement so cancelled them yesterday afternoon.

This morning we had an email from diac with a co appointed and telling us to get our Meds and pc checks! I am absolutely astounded! I can't believe it's happened so quickly!

I called to rebook my medicals and they said that it's gone mad and they are just inundated with appointments but I managed to get one on the 2nd march.

Hubby is already in Perth so he called to make appointment there and they do it in 2 stages and the 2nd part is not until the 15th march which is our 28 day deadline. So do I just email them with our medical dates explaining the dates and that we are trying to get everything sorted within the 28 days but it's just not possible?

Stunned!

Dawn x

Hi Dawn, I cant believe that DIAC are moving so fast with some applications. I wonder with Rob already being there and on a 457 that your visa is a priority ? Anyhow keep me updated on how you go on, I am at work at moment and am just going to submit our 176......best wishes...Gary

p.s. lets not mention the Derby !!!!!

What about people who applied before these recommended dates (Remember 2231-79 was in CAT 4 but now in CAT 3)? there are thousands in 2008 who are in CAT 3 now??

Guest paulintrigg

Stunned!

Dawn x

congrats to you and your family, I can't help but be a wee bit jealous, you're in the lucky 'right place at the right time' minorty.

Guest paulintrigg

Great news George, thanks.

I've learned the hard way over the last two years to not get over excited about great news. I'm going to book my meds and PCs today anyway since I can now assume a CO in the next 12 months, whilst praying that the DIAC don't do another goal post shift on us!

Paul

What about people who applied before these recommended dates (Remember 2231-79 was in CAT 4 but now in CAT 3)? there are thousands in 2008 who are in CAT 3 now??

If in Cat 4 and now being moved to Cat 3 and lodged before or around that date 19th Jan 2009 should now be considered for a CO.

Regards Tania

Hey , been back after a long time as had given up waiting for the NSW state migration plan.Is there any news regarding this .I applied in september 2009 under the 475 visa the occupation being vocation teacher[non trades] for regional area.And hoping my occupation is on the smp if it is out.Please do update if any news is out regarding this.thks

Hi Gary, no won't mention the derby! :biggrin:

Thanks for the congratulations. I'm not sure about the 457, looking at the cat 2 thread it looks like they are really busy! A lot of CO's allocated today.

You did really well getting your application in so quick. Fingers crossed won't be long.

Dawn x

Guest travelsparks
Hi Gary, no won't mention the derby! :biggrin:

Thanks for the congratulations. I'm not sure about the 457, looking at the cat 2 thread it looks like they are really busy! A lot of CO's allocated today.

You did really well getting your application in so quick. Fingers crossed won't be long.

Dawn x

It seems they are cracking the whip at the DIAC so hopefully not long for any of us now

Hi all reference front loading medicals and Pc's we are Cat 3 175 May 'o9 applicants , I rang DIAC on wednesday and they told me not to front load them until advised by a case officer, I told them I had heard that here was an e-mail suggesting that we did and they said don't do it until CO instructs you. Just thought I would share this info not sure whats right or wrong xx

Guest paulintrigg
Hi all reference front loading medicals and Pc's we are Cat 3 175 May 'o9 applicants , I rang DIAC on wednesday and they told me not to front load them until advised by a case officer, I told them I had heard that here was an e-mail suggesting that we did and they said don't do it until CO instructs you. Just thought I would share this info not sure whats right or wrong xx

In my experience, it's normal to get contradictory information from the DIAC call centre. I've called them on numerous occasions and pointed out that what their telling me is different to the website or processing centre email update. This usually ends with me on hold while they 'look into it' until I get bored and hang up.

You ARE within the application date range invited to front load meds and PC's. I'd do it if I was you. The word on the grapevine is that appointments with panel doctors are filling up, so you might have to wait a while. I'm in Perth and I couldn't get an appointment until mid march.

It's a gamble. If you wait until you get a CO request then your adding 1-2 months to your wait. If you do them, your application is 'decision ready' but if they expire before you get through then it's a few hundred dollars down the pan. Your call.

Archived