WA SS 2011 - where are we now

Ammosaph

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LB2011

Hi All,

Still no co for us yet. Called the night before got through in 5 mins but there system was down :cry:. Called back at 5am waited over 1 hour to be told they could only talk to hubbie or agent so hubbie called last night. All is in order but they said we are in the Que for a co and could be 1-2 more weeks:err:. Very fustrated but what can we do.

Guest NeilEB
Hi All,

Still no co for us yet. Called the night before got through in 5 mins but there system was down :cry:. Called back at 5am waited over 1 hour to be told they could only talk to hubbie or agent so hubbie called last night. All is in order but they said we are in the Que for a co and could be 1-2 more weeks:err:. Very fustrated but what can we do.

Interesting - you're the first person I've heard of that hasn't had a CO assigned as soon as they've phoned.

I guess there's not much you can do except for wait 1-2 weeks.

In the meantime, you can start doing your paperwork if you haven't already - Forms 80 and 1221 in particular. Also you might want to book a medical if you haven't yet done so - if you haven't had a CO by the time the medical is due, then you can always cancel / postpone it - besides, medicals are taking around 4 weeks to book....

Guest NeilEB
WE WONDERED THE SAME THING LOL. ANYONE? :biggrin:

Not sure - go into User CP and make sure all the settings are right there.

In User CP, down the left - edit avatar.

Make sure the "use custom avatar" radio button is checked, and then upload the pic. There's a limit to the size (think it's 150 x 150 pixels).

Edit:

Also can you see anyone's Avatars? If not there's a setting under Edit Options (in User CP again) where you can flag whether or not you want to see Avatars

Guest LB2011
Interesting - you're the first person I've heard of that hasn't had a CO assigned as soon as they've phoned.

I guess there's not much you can do except for wait 1-2 weeks.

In the meantime, you can start doing your paperwork if you haven't already - Forms 80 and 1221 in particular. Also you might want to book a medical if you haven't yet done so - if you haven't had a CO by the time the medical is due, then you can always cancel / postpone it - besides, medicals are taking around 4 weeks to book....

I know am very suprised. Will like you say start on the form 80 and have nearly finished the 1221 for us both. PC sent off last wednesday and we had medicals for today but had to cancel so now booked for second we in July. Hopefully by the time we do get one there wont be anything else they could ask for lol.

Also hubbie called at 12.30 like you said and got through in 5 mins :smile:

Guest NeilEB
I know am very suprised. Will like you say start on the form 80 and have nearly finished the 1221 for us both. PC sent off last wednesday and we had medicals for today but had to cancel so now booked for second we in July. Hopefully by the time we do get one there wont be anything else they could ask for lol.

Also hubbie called at 12.30 like you said and got through in 5 mins :smile:

Not sure it was wise to cancel the medicals - you can still do the medical without having a CO.

Especially as you have sent off the PC, so your 'activation period' will be driven by that now.

Oh well :-)

Guest sivakumar

Hi,

I need my passport to be stamped with my visa. Could anyone let me know the procedure please? I am in the UK

Thanks in advance,

Guest NeilEB
AW me likes this pic, your wee one is so cute :)

And how about the big lump next to the wee one?

That was taken last summer I believe :-)

Actually I lied - I think this was taken this year when the weather was nice

Guest LB2011
Not sure it was wise to cancel the medicals - you can still do the medical without having a CO.

Especially as you have sent off the PC, so your 'activation period' will be driven by that now.

Oh well :-)

I know but there was a few reasons for canceling, one being my little one not 100%. And he is going to be a night mare for the medicals let alone while he is under the weather lol.

Think the medicals work out to be 3 weeks time so will only be a couple of weeks between that and the pc, so not too worried :smile: ....yet lol.

And how about the big lump next to the wee one?

That was taken last summer I believe :-)

Actually I lied - I think this was taken this year when the weather was nice

Are you fishing for compliments Neil :biggrin: :laugh:, seen your weight loss on The Weigh In post you started (well done), so technically your not a big lump :wink:

Now I know what you look like, I shall be seeking you out in Maidenhead :biglaugh::biglaugh: or I'll just wait until I pop round to yours for lunch :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest StuartAnja

Congratulations to everyone who has received their visas!

After taking Neil (the wise one)'s advice and ringing DIAC we found out that our agent had messed up our details with DIAC so we couldnt log on to the system. The DIAC lady sorted it out in 2 seconds and we could then log in to our file. We had in fact gotten a CO 2 days after applying and we had been asked for meds and police checks as well.

So thanks to Neil and everyone else urging us to ignore our agent who had said to wait for 10-12 months before expecting to be assigned a CO!

We are booked in for medicals on the 5 july and we I have received my police checks so just waiting for the english ones

Good luck to everyone x

Guest LB2011

Hi Guys,

Am sssoooo happy, we were assigned a co today :jiggy:. Feel we are one step closer. PC sent last week and medicals in a couple of weeks. Am very supprised though as she has said notting about the form 80 or 1221!!!!.

When you log in to the immi site to check the progress of your application, if you have been asked for them are they on there showen as requested?. I was going ot have a look for myself but not sure if thats what I would be look for lol.

Guest NeilEB
Hi Guys,

Am sssoooo happy, we were assigned a co today :jiggy:. Feel we are one step closer. PC sent last week and medicals in a couple of weeks. Am very supprised though as she has said notting about the form 80 or 1221!!!!.

When you log in to the immi site to check the progress of your application, if you have been asked for them are they on there showen as requested?. I was going ot have a look for myself but not sure if thats what I would be look for lol.

Nope, mine never appeared on the documents check list.

The email I got form my CO asked me to provide them, and reminded me a couple of times - if yours hasn't then you're lucky :-)

Hi all,

We've had a mad busy weekend but wanted to let everyone know,

WE HAVE OUR VISA :biggrin::wink::biglaugh:

can't believe it really

Good luck to you all

and thanks POMS IN OZ and everyone on here for your help

see you on the down under

NIC

Guest mdeejacks
Hi all,

We've had a mad busy weekend but wanted to let everyone know,

WE HAVE OUR VISA :biggrin::wink::biglaugh:

can't believe it really

Good luck to you all

and thanks POMS IN OZ and everyone on here for your help

see you on the down under

NIC

congratulations,

where are you going?

cheers

jack

Hi Guys,

CONGRATS - Diac send you a request list with what is needed from all applicants, if it's not listed then you don't need it RESULT!!!!!! Lucky you :)

Archived